Xiaocai X9 - Updated. Root info. Benchmarks etc.

Guest Frankish

Guest Degurney

Yeah, merimobiles. Althought I have asked them to put it as a gift and $50 :( but I wanted it quick... but it`s taken them 4 days now to 'fulfill' and well, it`s not left yet :( plus I got 3-6 days shipping....

Guest Frankish

Yeah I ordered my phone the Thursday at midnight and DealsPrime didn't send it out until at least the Tuesday! Seems normal for them to take around 5 days to ship judging by other peoples orders.

I'm still waiting for mine yes still my tracking number isn't recognised but it's only been a little over a week since they posted it.

Regarding the listing twice I just assumed it was an old listing and that they are just a little unorganised to be honest as I couldn't see a difference either. I just ordered the cheaper option.

Judging by specs and benchmark scores this will blow your G300 out of the water you will be amazed at the difference. Just make sure you root and install a custom rom to avoid Cai Os as I've not heard good things. I'm sure Tillaz will make an almost AOSP version of the stock rom and if not I will do my best at it.

Tillaz where are you with that mini review ha ha. A busy man I'm sure.

Thanks. I went for the Haier W910 in the end - for the moment... :D

http://www.modaco.com/topic/359664-offtopic-china-phone-discussion-20032013/page__st__1940#entry2155299

I presume you're referring to the Haier W910?

As far as I know the 1GB RAM is split c. 670K for the main CPU and the rest for the baseband.

The G300 has 512MB RAM total usually split c. 380K for the main CPU and the rest for the baseband.

I don't see how you can say that c. 75% extra CPU RAM (and 100% extra total RAM) is "not much better"?

Whatever way you cut it 1GB RAM is better than 512MB RAM all things being equal.

Add regardless of the technical spec minutiae the real test is real world use. Hopefully I'll be able to report some comparative info when I get my W910.

I realise that it's not exactly a cutting edge phone (and officially limited to ICS) but for around €90 with some of the other features (e.g. 720 x 1280 resolution, dust/water proofing, 8GB ROM etc.) it suits me as a replacement for my G300 right now.

Edited by dalyer

Guest bladebuddy

No I not knocking it, it just seemed looking at it it didn't have much usable ram, I havent read a full review just looked at the atutu thing and it stood out as being on the small side. Now you have explained it it will most likely be a far more pleasant and speedy phone then the g300 and I wish you look with your choice.

Guest Frankish

Just posting here really to bump my post above all the spam topics grr :(

Also tracking number finally reporting now.

"The item (RTXXXXXXXXXHK) left Hong Kong for its destination on 7-Sep-2013".

i will be doing some stuff for the x9 now that i am actually using the phone, and so far i must admit its been great all round

the phone has 1.73GB for the data partition (apps) which is great, Cai OS is not that bad but i still want AOSP :)

post-913969-0-72400200-1378760801_thumb.

i will put a guide up for CWM in a few hours.

i really want to get TWRP on this but the 6mb recovery partition is a problem for all MTK6589.

Guest Frankish

There is already a CWM available and I thought you just flash it with SP Flash Tool? Mines still not here yet but at least they have definitely posted it!

I definitely want an AOSP like rom to try I'm sure you will have a go at one? :)

It's here it's here. It's on charge now and it's white not green but I didn't hold much hope for that I'll just order another back.

Edited by Frankish

Guest Degurney

Lucky you Frankish.

Ordered on the 30th. They call me on the 9th to check the shipping address, tell me three times it will ship tomorrow. Now ere telling me out of fcuking stock :(

Guest Degurney
There is already a CWM available and I thought you just flash it with SP Flash Tool? Mines still not here yet but at least they have definitely posted it!

I definitely want an AOSP like rom to try I'm sure you will have a go at one? :)

It's here it's here. It's on charge now and it's white not green but I didn't hold much hope for that I'll just order another back.

Hey, which one did you order on dealsprime, when i type in the phone theres two that come up, different prices, looks like the same phone

Guest Frankish

Hey, which one did you order on dealsprime, when i type in the phone theres two that come up, different prices, looks like the same phone

Obviously I went for the cheapest ha ha!

Guest Frankish

Phone is of great quality the display is very nice. Going to try some custom roms soon. Can't figure out how to turn off network speed in notification bar though!

Managed to root using Motochopper Auto Root in a matter of seconds. Installed CWM Recovery too but can't make a backup as I am at my partners and don't have an SD card! Doh!

Edited by Frankish

Phone is of great quality the display is very nice. Going to try some custom roms soon. Can't figure out how to turn off network speed in notification bar though!

Managed to root using Motochopper Auto Root in a matter of seconds. Installed CWM Recovery too but can't make a backup as I am at my partners and don't have an SD card! Doh!

backup to the internal SDcard, you can also flash from the internal SD, (I'm using CWM-6.0.3.0)

the version of Cai OS my phone came with is 1.3 and says no updated available... but on the official site there is 1.5

i'm making a repack of it now will see what its like.

however MIUI seems the best option for this phone at the moment, at least its what i have been using (gets weekly updates, via ota, think its offical)

http://www.miui.com/download-89.html

Guest Frankish

This cwm doesn't seem to mount the internal SD card! I got it from xda.

Ah found it but not enough space to backup including data I'll wait till I'm home tomorrow and can put my sd card in.

Edited by Frankish

Guest Frankish

Just flashed MIUI i had to edit the updater script to remove the getprop lines as the rom wouldn't flash did you have to do this? It's flashed after doing that and booting up right now.

Wow not used MIUI in a while and v5 is BEAUTIFUL. Even the dual sim functions seem to be working? All camera functions...seems to be a perfect official rom.

Ah my homescreen icons move after a reboot they do not remembe their position does this affect you too tillaz?

Edited by Frankish

the version of Cai OS my phone came with is 1.3 and says no updated available... but on the official site there is 1.5

i'm making a repack of it now will see what its like.

however MIUI seems the best option for this phone at the moment, at least its what i have been using (gets weekly updates, via ota, think its offical)

http://www.miui.com/download-89.html

Excuse me, I have the X9 from 2 days ago; where you have seen the version of Cai OS?

If I go in info I read the build: G800_Z5_YG_C1_V0.2_20130718; do you know which version of Cai OS is it?

Guest Frankish

Excuse me, I have the X9 from 2 days ago; where you have seen the version of Cai OS?

If I go in info I read the build: G800_Z5_YG_C1_V0.2_20130718; do you know which version of Cai OS is it?

It's on their website the one from the phones boot screen.

I fixed my icons problem on miui by moving all apps to internal memory.

Just flashed MIUI i had to edit the updater script to remove the getprop lines as the rom wouldn't flash did you have to do this? It's flashed after doing that and booting up right now.

Wow not used MIUI in a while and v5 is BEAUTIFUL. Even the dual sim functions seem to be working? All camera functions...seems to be a perfect official rom.

Ah my homescreen icons move after a reboot they do not remembe their position does this affect you too tillaz?

yeah, i had to edit the updater-script, i also noticed it has no boot image included, which i found kind of strange.

go to settings / about

press check for system update, and you should see what version your on.