Photo

Xiaocai X9 - Updated. Root info. Benchmarks etc.

* * * * * 3 votes

• Please log in to reply
274 replies to this topic

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,536 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 4S Xiaocai X9 THL W200

Hey, which one did you order on dealsprime, when i type in the phone theres two that come up, different prices, looks like the same phone

Obviously I went for the cheapest ha ha!

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,536 posts
Phone is of great quality the display is very nice. Going to try some custom roms soon. Can't figure out how to turn off network speed in notification bar though!

Managed to root using Motochopper Auto Root in a matter of seconds. Installed CWM Recovery too but can't make a backup as I am at my partners and don't have an SD card! Doh!

Edited by Frankish, 10 September 2013 - 03:04 PM.

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts
  • Interests:Time & Space
  • Devices:Moto X

Phone is of great quality the display is very nice. Going to try some custom roms soon. Can't figure out how to turn off network speed in notification bar though!

Managed to root using Motochopper Auto Root in a matter of seconds. Installed CWM Recovery too but can't make a backup as I am at my partners and don't have an SD card! Doh!

backup to the internal SDcard, you can also flash from the internal SD, (I'm using CWM-6.0.3.0)

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts
the version of Cai OS my phone came with is 1.3 and says no updated available... but on the official site there is 1.5
i'm making a repack of it now will see what its like.

however MIUI seems the best option for this phone at the moment, at least its what i have been using (gets weekly updates, via ota, think its offical)
http://www.miui.com/download-89.html

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,536 posts
This cwm doesn't seem to mount the internal SD card! I got it from xda.

Ah found it but not enough space to backup including data I'll wait till I'm home tomorrow and can put my sd card in.

Edited by Frankish, 10 September 2013 - 10:45 PM.

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,536 posts
Just flashed MIUI i had to edit the updater script to remove the getprop lines as the rom wouldn't flash did you have to do this? It's flashed after doing that and booting up right now.

Wow not used MIUI in a while and v5 is BEAUTIFUL. Even the dual sim functions seem to be working? All camera functions...seems to be a perfect official rom.

Ah my homescreen icons move after a reboot they do not remembe their position does this affect you too tillaz?

Edited by Frankish, 11 September 2013 - 10:37 AM.

tiket

tiket

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:i900

the version of Cai OS my phone came with is 1.3 and says no updated available... but on the official site there is 1.5
i'm making a repack of it now will see what its like.

however MIUI seems the best option for this phone at the moment, at least its what i have been using (gets weekly updates, via ota, think its offical)
http://www.miui.com/download-89.html

Excuse me, I have the X9 from 2 days ago; where you have seen the version of Cai OS?
If I go in info I read the build: G800_Z5_YG_C1_V0.2_20130718; do you know which version of Cai OS is it?

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,536 posts

Excuse me, I have the X9 from 2 days ago; where you have seen the version of Cai OS?
If I go in info I read the build: G800_Z5_YG_C1_V0.2_20130718; do you know which version of Cai OS is it?

It's on their website the one from the phones boot screen.

I fixed my icons problem on miui by moving all apps to internal memory.

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts

Just flashed MIUI i had to edit the updater script to remove the getprop lines as the rom wouldn't flash did you have to do this? It's flashed after doing that and booting up right now.

Wow not used MIUI in a while and v5 is BEAUTIFUL. Even the dual sim functions seem to be working? All camera functions...seems to be a perfect official rom.

Ah my homescreen icons move after a reboot they do not remembe their position does this affect you too tillaz?

yeah, i had to edit the updater-script, i also noticed it has no boot image included, which i found kind of strange.

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts

go to settings / about

press check for system update, and you should see what version your on.

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,536 posts

yeah, i had to edit the updater-script, i also noticed it has no boot image included, which i found kind of strange.

I never noticed the missing boot img but I guess there isn't much boot.img editing going on with the closed sources so all romsare made to work on the same configuration?

Any ideas how to allow the market to download any size file I cant find the option! It won't let me download YouTube or Gmail unless I connect to wifi, I'm on three for God sake let me use my unlimited ha ha.

Edited by Frankish, 11 September 2013 - 06:34 PM.

zurpher

zurpher

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Devices:HTC DESIRE S
Hey Frankish,

Can you please post a step-by-step guide on how to customize the X9? Perhaps you could edit your first post for that. Newbies like me will need a little bit of help and guidance.

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,536 posts
Hi I was considering doing that and decided not to I will if it will help someone? Have you got one or are you considering getting one?

tiket

tiket

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

go to settings / about

press check for system update, and you should see what version your on.

I have already checked but I see: G800_Z5_YG_C1_V0.2_20130718 which version of Cai OS is this?

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,536 posts
It's further down the list.

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts
My progress on an AOSP'ish rom .....

Attached File  Screenshot_2013-09-11-22-51-04.png   68.18KB   23 downloads Attached File  Screenshot_2013-09-11-22-50-40.png   449.12KB   26 downloads Attached File  Screenshot_2013-09-11-22-50-55.png   117.97KB   25 downloads Attached File  Screenshot_2013-09-11-23-10-13.png   353.62KB   21 downloads

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,536 posts
Wow a great start Tillaz is this using the CaiOS rom as a base? Surely we can use AOSP'ish dialers, messaging etc from other MTK6589 phones? Is that what you're doing?

On a side note my MIUI installs apps automatically to sdcard and then on a reboot the apps move position. If you move them to internal they don't move anymore on a reboot.

zurpher

zurpher

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Devices:HTC DESIRE S

Hi I was considering doing that and decided not to I will if it will help someone? Have you got one or are you considering getting one?

I've got mine yesterday! Quite exiting but I'm also hesitant to flash the X9 as good instructions are lacking out there. So you would plug a whole and do a great favor.

tiket

tiket

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Can someone help me?
I have tried enable face unlock but I receive an error that say that is impossible open the app camera , so I have tried to do a videocall with skype but this use the back camera.
If I use the camera app I can select only back camera to make photo is normal this?
Is my front camera dead or the stock rom has a bug?
Your X9 camera work correctly?

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,536 posts
My front camera worked just fine on stock rom and on miui! Not tried face unlock though yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users