[RECOMMENDATIONS] Dual Core 1.2 GHz with JB under 300$/€

Guest WiiSky70

Guest WiiSky70

Can anyone recommend me a phone that's under 300 bucks with this specific features :

* 1.2 GHz Dual Core processor (Stable processor )

* JB 4.2.2

* 4.3 / 4.5 inch screen

* Adreno Graphics

* Support 720p or 1080p video playback

* 5 or 8 Megapixel cameras (with Front Facing camera)

* ROM Support as well

Edited by WiiSky70

Guest frenchman06

you can try the acer liquid e2:

-Jb 4.2

-1.2 Ghz quad core

-1 Go ram

-4.5" ips display 540*960

-power vr

- camera 8mpx,front 1.3 mpx

This price is 180$

Guest honigfisch

Zopo zp810

Android 4.1.2

Resolution: 1280x720

1.2Ghz Quad Core

1GB RAM

5 inch Display

Dual Sim

200-220€

other zopo phones are good too

Edited by honigfisch

Guest RogyHyde

Huawei G510 is a good option. If you can survive with a 512MB RAM...

Other is Geeksphone Peak+ (Firefox OS, dude!). The evolution of GP Peak, with 1GB RAM, and actually with ROM support of Android 4.0.4 (no bugs, spanish ROM, ;)

BQ Aquaris is a good option too!

These are all economics phones under 200$.

Guest Redstarr1
Can anyone recommend me a phone that's under 300 bucks with this specific features :

* 1.2 GHz Dual Core processor (Stable processor )

* JB 4.2

* 4.3 / 4.5 inch screen

* Adreno Graphics

* Support 720p or 1080p video playback

* 5 or 8 Megapixel cameras (with Front Facing camera)

* ROM Support as well

Sony Xperia T costs €250 in Belgium at the moment (€100 cashback action), tilal has one ;-), so ROM support should be okay. Maybe there's a similar action in Portugal?

The Xiaomi Mi2 might be better, but you have to import it. There are some other pretty good Chinese phones you could import. Not ZTE or Huawei though, their latest phones are pretty underwhelming...

I wouldn't buy anything with a screen resolution of less than 720p anymore, that rules out the Acer. If you'd spend a little more and get your hands on a Nexus 4, that would also be a good solution I think.

If you have a VAT number and can deduce it from the total price, you can buy the FairPhone for under 300€

Here are the specs:

http://buy-a-phone-start-a-movement.fairphone.com/en/specs/

It will come installed with Android 4.2 and with future support for Ubuntu OS, FireFox OS...

Only drawback is you have to wait a little before it is sent over as the production is not yet complete.

Guest ilsang06200

redstarr 1 has right the nexus 4 is better but it have only 5.5 Gb free and no micro sd support, if you don't have problem with this, buy it OR buy for 350 the 16 gb version if you want more space

Guest plegdroid
redstarr 1 has right the nexus 4 is better but it have only 5.5 Gb free and no micro sd support, if you don't have problem with this, buy it OR buy for 350 the 16 gb version if you want more space

Definitely 16 gig, a nandroid takes over a gig of space with the n4 :)

Guest WiiSky70

Now with the new nexus 7 on play store, the nexus 4 price is 199€ for 8 gb or 249€ for 16 gb. buy it !

Play store services not (yet) available on my country sadly ;(

But yeah it's a pretty great phone for it's affordable price range . I would want the 16GB for less but in some retailers here in Portugal are priced in higher values (340€)

Guest WiiSky70

Wiisky70 have you received my pm?

Yes actually that TWL100 is a pretty good phone for a chinese manufacturer but it doesn't appeal to my standards tought .

I wan't a device that is properly supported with updates by the manufacturer for it's road .

Guest warimation

Yes actually that TWL100 is a pretty good phone for a chinese manufacturer but it doesn't appeal to my standards tought .

I wan't a device that is properly supported with updates by the manufacturer for it's road .

No problem... :)

Guest Redstarr1

Play store services not (yet) available on my country sadly ;(

But yeah it's a pretty great phone for it's affordable price range . I would want the 16GB for less but in some retailers here in Portugal are priced in higher values (340€)

So does the N4 16GB cost €340 in your country? I'd say that's still a bargain, would be worth the €40 over budget for me.

If you're considering other brands, I can give you my 2 cents on Sony phones: the media features and apps are very good and when a new device gets released the features are often ported to older devices. But Sony isn't popular in the US, which means the amount of developers is limited and you need to be lucky. I think most devices have 1 or 2 good devs, but the lower end devices aren't supported for very long. There's FXP that's supposed to support all Xperia devices but in reality most of the work goes to the current flagship and when a new one arrives the old one gets dropped pretty quickly. A negative thing of Sony is that most of their LCD's aren't good at showing blackness.

Samsung devices get a lot more attention (and faster factory updates), but IMO the stock firmware is ugly and I'm not a fan of how they keep on sticking to the hardware menu key.

In comparison, the N4 has a great screen, great GPU, great software support... Only thing against it is storage on the device.

Guest omegavesko

So does the N4 16GB cost €340 in your country? I'd say that's still a bargain, would be worth the €40 over budget for me.

If you're considering other brands, I can give you my 2 cents on Sony phones: the media features and apps are very good and when a new device gets released the features are often ported to older devices. But Sony isn't popular in the US, which means the amount of developers is limited and you need to be lucky. I think most devices have 1 or 2 good devs, but the lower end devices aren't supported for very long. There's FXP that's supposed to support all Xperia devices but in reality most of the work goes to the current flagship and when a new one arrives the old one gets dropped pretty quickly. A negative thing of Sony is that most of their LCD's aren't good at showing blackness.

Samsung devices get a lot more attention (and faster factory updates), but IMO the stock firmware is ugly and I'm not a fan of how they keep on sticking to the hardware menu key.

In comparison, the N4 has a great screen, great GPU, great software support... Only thing against it is storage on the device.

To be fair, the Nexus 4 doesn't have a removable battery or an SD card slot. Those are pretty important to some people.

I like Samsung because they seem to update their devices at least fairly well (Galaxy S2 went from 2.3 -> 4.0 -> 4.1), and buying a last generation device like the S2 or S3 ends up being really cheap because they're so popular. The dev support is great, too.

The Aquaris 5 costs 199 Euros.

• Dimensions Dimensions: 142 x 71 x 9,9 mm Weight: 170 g
  • Screen Size: 5” Technology: 5 points IPS qHD capacitive multi-touch screen Resolution: 540 x 960 px, 220 DPI (HDPI) Viewing angle: 178º
  • Memory 16 GB of memory
  • Processor CPU: Quad Core Cortex A7 up to 1.2 GHz. GPU: PowerVR™ Series5 SGX RAM memory: 1 GB
  • Battery Battery Li-ion 2200 mAh
  • Compatible formats Text format: .epub, .txt, .fb2, .mobi Image format: .jpeg, .bmp, .gif Video format: .3gp, .avi, .mp4, .ts Audio format: mp3, .wav, .ogg, .flac, .aac
    • Operating System Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
    • Connectivity Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n Micro-USB Bluetooth 3G+ connectivity

• Category 24 HSDPA (42 Mbps)

• Category 7 HSUPA (11,5 Mbps)

GPS[*] Connections Dual SIM card slot 5V - 1A input Jack 3.5 mm TRRS for earphones (CTIA) Micro-SD™ slot up to 64 GB

[*] Supported bands GSM: GSM 850, EGSM 900, DCS 1800 e PCS 1900 UMTS: UMTS 900 y 2100

[*] Functions Frontal camera: VGA (640 x 480) Rear camera: 8 Mp (3.264 x 2.448) with flash and autofocus Light sensor Proximity sensor

Edited by Janfri

Guest WiiSky70

The Aquaris 5 costs 199 Euros.

• Dimensions Dimensions: 142 x 71 x 9,9 mm Weight: 170 g
  • Screen Size: 5” Technology: 5 points IPS qHD capacitive multi-touch screen Resolution: 540 x 960 px, 220 DPI (HDPI) Viewing angle: 178º
  • Memory 16 GB of memory
  • Processor CPU: Quad Core Cortex A7 up to 1.2 GHz. GPU: PowerVR™ Series5 SGX RAM memory: 1 GB
  • Battery Battery Li-ion 2200 mAh
  • Compatible formats Text format: .epub, .txt, .fb2, .mobi Image format: .jpeg, .bmp, .gif Video format: .3gp, .avi, .mp4, .ts Audio format: mp3, .wav, .ogg, .flac, .aac
    • Operating System Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
    • Connectivity Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n Micro-USB Bluetooth 3G+ connectivity

• Category 24 HSDPA (42 Mbps)

• Category 7 HSUPA (11,5 Mbps)

GPS[*] Connections Dual SIM card slot 5V - 1A input Jack 3.5 mm TRRS for earphones (CTIA) Micro-SD™ slot up to 64 GB

[*] Supported bands GSM: GSM 850, EGSM 900, DCS 1800 e PCS 1900 UMTS: UMTS 900 y 2100

[*] Functions Frontal camera: VGA (640 x 480) Rear camera: 8 Mp (3.264 x 2.448) with flash and autofocus Light sensor Proximity sensor

That's it im gonna buy it as a delivery to my country later this year . Sounds like a real good gamble to me.

It even has some great specs for it's price . Too cheapy ;)

Guest omegavesko

That's it im gonna buy it as a delivery to my country later this year . Sounds like a real good gamble to me.

It even has some great specs for it's price . Too cheapy ;)

Just look out for import fees. :)

Guest BacArdI^

I just bought myself a Xiaomi M2A for $299, looks like a really great phone by just looking at the specs.

Then again, it's kind of a gamble ordering stuff from China. #yolo right?

Guest omegavesko

And i don't know if it has some solid ROM Support that i can rely on for another 2 years

If it's a MediaTek phone (I didn't look at the specs very closely), I wouldn't hold my breath.

Guest omegavesko

I just bought myself a Xiaomi M2A for $299, looks like a really great phone by just looking at the specs.

Then again, it's kind of a gamble ordering stuff from China. #yolo right?

Xiaomi makes really, really good phones. Just hope it actually makes it to your door. :D