G510 device temperature!

Hi I've noticed that when i use my g510 in 3G/EDGE mode the phone becomes very hot (40-42° C / 104-106° F) in 5-10 minutes. While when I use it in WiFi mode this not happen.

Is it normal? Also your devices become so hot?

Guest ZolaIII

It's an old modem first generation so It's huge & power hungry! It's not integrated with processor so It shouldn't directly interference CPU thermal throttling. The battery chagrin & full workload have worst effect up to 48 Celsius... this part is mostly resolved in update.

Guest tillaz

if the CPU reaches 42 its throttled down to 600Mhz take a look at > thermald-8x25-msm1-pmic_therm.conf

and i am amusing he's getting the temperature from the CPU.

@ MilodiScorpio

where are you getting the temperature from ?

Edit:

only time i have ever experienced a phone getting hot is when plugged in and playing a game.

@ tillaz

I used many battery apps and also I feel that the phone is very hot. But if turn off the mobile data temperature decreases in 5 minutes and becomes 30-32° C. ( it keeps this temperature also in standby!

It could be caused by environment's temperature? In Sicily summer's temperature is 28-30° C and sometimes over.

Guest ZolaIII

This then really isn't normal behavior! I em on subscription so I use mobile data regularly and in same climate zone (BiH). What about battery life? It's possible sometimes that goggles automatic synchronization gets stuck in the process mostly on heavy stuff like Google+ picture sync and loops. Bat you shouldn't be experiencing temperatures over 35c. We described (experienced) the extreme condition when phone is recharging and you play heavy 3D game that uses the net.

Edited by ZolaIII

I disabled every type of synchronization. However even if I used it only for 5 minutes (opera mini and tapatalk), temperature reached 37°C! (From 32° C).

Now I'm using the lunatic pandora ROM , but this happens with every ROM, CyanogenMod and Stock. I don't play, I only use mobile data for forum and internet.

Edited by Guest