83 replies to this topic

jsevi83

jsevi83

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts
"It is fully stock" but it includes su binary? :wacko:

Edited by jsevi83, 04 September 2013 - 03:50 PM.

nirmalbalaji

nirmalbalaji

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Devices:Moto G
  • Twitter:@NirmalBalaji

Its for EU market, if you are in asia change baseband!

So flashing this B194 will replace the baseband which comes by default with the mobile? I'm from India. Post the link for the baseband so I can download it for an emergency purpose.

nirmalbalaji

nirmalbalaji

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Its been okay with me, seems better then what it was :)

How is the battery drain issue? Still some of the Google Services are keeping the phone awake all the time?

angham

angham

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend Y300
Universal vendor works great, loving the speed of this rom

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts
  • Interests:Time & Space
  • Devices:Moto X

So flashing this B194 will replace the baseband which comes by default with the mobile? I'm from India. Post the link for the baseband so I can download it for an emergency purpose.

the basedband is not included in rom .zps, its an image that needs flashed manually, or if you install an official update (update.app) it will be changed.

Clarkiieh

Clarkiieh

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend Y300

How is the battery drain issue? Still some of the Google Services are keeping the phone awake all the time?

Battery life is good, but I think my battery's cells are dying due to me over charging, not the rom

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts
  • Interests:Time & Space
  • Devices:Moto X

"It is fully stock" but it includes su binary? Posted Image

that would be because:

"here is a flashable repack of the B194 update, at this time it is untested by myself as i wont have a Y300 until next Saturday.
i have included the cust partition also so it is fully stock. "

if people had just waited until i could test it i would of noticed this... i just repacked what i was given

people can flash this to remove it straight after flashing the rom
Attached File  remove_su_binary.zip   142.12KB   54 downloads

nucleuswizard

nucleuswizard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:ZTE SKATE
How to install this ? Trough dload or I need TWRP ?

AssaSsiNMiLeS

AssaSsiNMiLeS

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Devices:Y300-0100

flash in recovery with a full wipe.

nucleuswizard

nucleuswizard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:ZTE SKATE
Thanks

Thanks

Knurlhelm

Knurlhelm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Tillaz and ZolaIII, I just wanna say THANK YOU! the rom runs so freaking smooth, I made some minor modifications (Universal vendor to fix the notification toggle plus Nova Prime, build.prop battery % and uninstalling some of the huawei UI and google apps) after the each change I did an antutu benchmark and it was increasing performance til it got to 7599, that's just awesome and it's the best performance I've got on any rom, so thank you SO MUCH! :)

PS: some proof:
Dropbox Pic

Edited by Knurlhelm, 05 September 2013 - 03:51 AM.

ZolaIII

ZolaIII

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Y300-100
I left the su.bin on purpose it's from CWMs super user because I want you all to use it as it is OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE as it should be!

nirmalbalaji

nirmalbalaji

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

the basedband is not included in rom .zps, its an image that needs flashed manually, or if you install an official update (update.app) it will be changed.

Thanks for the info. This B194 ROM is a Middle East firmware or a European firmware? I'm on B190 Middle East firmware and I didn't received any update so far.

Knurlhelm

Knurlhelm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Btw guys, is there any way to make a flashable apk (a zip that could be recognized by the TWRP and install an app), I deleted tons of stuff (including the launcher) and I can solve it after I make a factory reset, but it's not really how it should be, so I wanted to know if it is possible to flash the launcher after or include it to the rom (to modify the files myself)

And again, thanks for the B194, it's freaking awesome.

PS: 3G works at South America, at least in Chile

another PS: if you want to fix the notification bar not showing/having no icons but using space use the Universal Vendor, I would give credit to the owner but I honestly have no idea who he is, I got it from a repost, on a side note, THIS WILL ERASE CUST AND DATA, so make a backup of your apps before flashing it.

C ya!

Edited by Knurlhelm, 05 September 2013 - 04:14 AM.

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

another PS: if you want to fix the notification bar not showing/having no icons but using space use the Universal Vendor, I would give credit to the owner but I honestly have no idea who he is, I got it from a repost, on a side note, THIS WILL ERASE CUST AND DATA, so make a backup of your apps before flashing it.

C ya!

Warning.
Tried this this morning. Did a full wipe, flashed the rom then flashed the cust.zip.

Booted fine, but no toggles... and was significantly slower than without flashin the cust. But also no root (has to install SuperUser) and worst of all it removed my recovery, so I couldn;t boot into recovery - had to re-flash recovery from my PC.

I'm saving up for a sofa so I can sit in the other room and tweak my phone without my wife nagging... thanks!

ZolaIII

ZolaIII

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Warning.
Tried this this morning. Did a full wipe, flashed the rom then flashed the cust.zip.

Booted fine, but no toggles... and was significantly slower than without flashin the cust. But also no root (has to install SuperUser) and worst of all it removed my recovery, so I couldn;t boot into recovery - had to re-flash recovery from my PC.

Only additional thing on this firmware is super user binary!
You have elementary root access you don't have app to menage permissions so install: https://play.google....dutta.superuser
You can install recovery of your choice directly from Android with: https://play.google....llation.utility

A decent article about what rooting is: http://lifehacker.co...y-android-phone

I forgot to mention I included a TcL Trojan probe so that I can take control of your Androids & make them commit suicide... :o :'( :-P :-) ;-)

Edited by ZolaIII, 05 September 2013 - 09:40 AM.

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

Only additional thing on this firmware is super user binary!
You have elementary root access you don't have app to menage permissions so install: https://play.google....dutta.superuser
You can install recovery of your choice directly from Android with: https://play.google....llation.utility

A decent article about what rooting is: http://lifehacker.co...y-android-phone

No, the issue is that if you install the cust.zip, you lose root so need to install superuser to restore it. You also lose the recovery partition, so need to reflash that if you want to do anythign else.

I'm saving up for a sofa so I can sit in the other room and tweak my phone without my wife nagging... thanks!

ZolaIII

ZolaIII

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts

No, the issue is that if you install the cust.zip, you lose root so need to install superuser to restore it. You also lose the recovery partition, so need to reflash that if you want to do anythign else.

There are other people complain about root access so I thought to explain it all in one place.

Laximus

Laximus

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
I am who complained about the lost of root acces.

After I flashed SuperSU-1.25-ROOT.zip with TWRP from this:

http://www.multiupload.nl/Z2CL5EO4M3

And now superuser permission is ok, all my root apps works fine.

But basicaly the Rom is not rooted, as I saw.
I dont have problem with the recovery partition, so my TWRP works fine.

PS: Also have to tell the truth, before I flashed this B194rom, I made a backup from my working stock B190. After I flashed B194 with full wipe, and because its based on B190, I restored my backup on the top of the B194, except System. Maybe thats why I lost superuser permisson? I dont know...

So, everything was ok, except root permission, but when I reflashed the zip above , SUperSu Pro works fine now.

Edited by Laximus, 05 September 2013 - 01:08 PM.

ZolaIII

ZolaIII

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts

I am who complained about the lost of root acces.

But basiccaly the Rom is not rooted, as I saw.
I dont have problem with the recovery partition, so my TWRP works fine.

Please read the article!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users