The first Blade device was very popular in the UK back in 2010 when it was launched by Orange as the San Francisco and ZTE quickly followed up with the mildly successful Blade 2 and Blade 3 devices.
The specifications of the Blade V are:
- 4’’ WVGA (800x480) 16M TFT capacitive touch IPS screen
- Weight: 130 gram
- Size: 126 x 64 x 10.9 mm
- 1.2 GHz Qualcomm MSM 8225Q, quad-core processor
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- Memory: 4GB eMMC + 1G DDR2 SDRAM, 2GB accessible to the user
- Supports Micro SD memory card up to 32 GB
- 5.0 MP AF camera with 4 x digital zoom + VGA front camera
- Mobile standards: HSDPA (7.2Mbps) /HSPA/HSPA+/UMTS/GSM/GPRS/EDGE
- Audio standards: MP3, AAC, AAC+, MIDI, AMR-NB, Ogg Vorbis, PCM/WAV
- Video standards: MPEG4, H.263, H.264
- Wireless communications standards: Bluetooth™ 4.0, A2DP1.2, GPS, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- Battery capacity: Li-ion1800 mAh
- FM radio
Interestingly, the specifications are quite similar to the HTC Desire 500 which is more than 3 times the price of the ZTE device.
Virgin Media will be offering this device from Wednesday 4th September from as little as £13 a month on contract or £89.99 on Pay As You Go. Existing Virgin Media customers with a TV, Broadband or phone contract can get 20% off the price bringing it down to £71.99. The phone must be bought with at least £10 top-up credit.
Click here to view the item