• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

dyn4mic

dyn4mic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Great. :)

Now that you know how to 'unbrick' you device you could try updating to official ICS first. Stock ROMs for Acqua are in this thread. Just flash the stock recovery image with fastboot first.

Also firmware you tried to install should be the right one for your device. Just use the stock recovery to flash it the next time. ;)

Edit. And btw, was your device SIM locked to a specific operator by any chance? Emphasis on was. ;)

thanks konsta... only one question, now can't enable debug usb.. i select it on developer options, but don't work... how can enable debug usb?
thansk

papars

papars

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Acqua
Now that is interesting!
I had 2 times problem with my acqua stuck in DFU but I was never able to recover it.
I could not find the right files to repair it. Fortunately the zte service center did it.

dyn4mic

dyn4mic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Great. :)

Now that you know how to 'unbrick' you device you could try updating to official ICS first. Stock ROMs for Acqua are in this thread. Just flash the stock recovery image with fastboot first.

Also firmware you tried to install should be the right one for your device. Just use the stock recovery to flash it the next time. ;)

Edit. And btw, was your device SIM locked to a specific operator by any chance? Emphasis on was. ;)

I flashed stock rom for Acqua (italy version).
Flash complete correctly but, after flash, i briked phone now..
can you help me to install cyanogenmod 10 ?
i flashed firstly Lewa, after cyanogenmod but signals don't work... with lewa works...
confused..

Edited by dyn4mic, 03 September 2013 - 07:04 AM.

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, ZTE Open C
  • Twitter:@konstatuomio

I flashed stock rom for Acqua (italy version).
Flash complete correctly but, after flash, i briked phone now..
can you help me to install cyanogenmod 10 ?
i flashed firstly Lewa, after cyanogenmod but signals don't work... with lewa works...
confused..

It happened again? You used stock recovery this time? Download again and make sure that you don't have a corrupt packege (unless ZTE is distributing one). I've added MD Droid stock ROM and recovery to Acqua's stock ROMs thread.

Did you update to ICS baseband first? RIL probably wont work without it.

dyn4mic

dyn4mic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

It happened again? You used stock recovery this time? Download again and make sure that you don't have a corrupt packege (unless ZTE is distributing one). I've added MD Droid stock ROM and recovery to Acqua's stock ROMs thread.

Did you update to ICS baseband first? RIL probably wont work without it.

how can i update to ics baseband?
i want install cyanogenmod 10, not other :)

Edited by dyn4mic, 03 September 2013 - 10:06 AM.

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
Install one of the stock ICS ROMs from Acqua's stock ROMs threads (using the stock recovery).

dyn4mic

dyn4mic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Install one of the stock ICS ROMs from Acqua's stock ROMs threads (using the stock recovery).

Thanks.
now i will flash germany rom (official acqua's)
will work well the modem in italy with H3G operator?

edit: with official 4.0.4 rom (germany) , baseband is ok but, my phone don't recognize the sim...
i'm desperate

Edited by dyn4mic, 03 September 2013 - 11:51 AM.

MJonMoDaCo

MJonMoDaCo

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:PCs, Phones, Cars, Sports of all sorts.
  • Devices:ZTE Skate Acqua LG Optimus One
Ut oh.

Wasn't there a way to unlock a network/sim lock using special telephony codes for each manufacturer?

I remember using one for an old Samsung I had a couple years back, but it isn't for the faint hearted.

As an aside, my Acqua doesn't have a Sim lock engaged. I've used sim cards from two other carriers in it without issue, but that was after I gained root and boot loader access that I bothered, so I don't actually know what allowed it. It may have been allowable from the get-go.

I haven't had trouble using RIL with German ROM either, so idk tbh.

Spoiler

dyn4mic

dyn4mic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
i flashed also v889d stock rom ....
no signals....
i'm disperate
why signals works also with stock 2.3.6 rom and lewa rom 2.3.6?

dyn4mic

dyn4mic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

KonstaT view this image... stock android 4.0.4, baseband is ok, but no signal

Posted Image

3 days that i'm trying to fix my phone, but no way :( Please help mee !

Edited by dyn4mic, 03 September 2013 - 04:11 PM.

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
Baseband in About phone tells nothing about actual modem/radio firmware on the device. They've just hardcoded the value in build.prop (ro.build.baseband_version) in stock ROMs and you could change it to what ever you want. My CyanogenMod builds actually show accurate information - Unknown - it's exactly that. ;)

If you installed stock ICS first and it still doesn't work, then I don't know. You just have to stick with gingerbread then.

dyn4mic

dyn4mic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Baseband in About phone tells nothing about actual modem/radio firmware on the device. They've just hardcoded the value in build.prop (ro.build.baseband_version) in stock ROMs and you could change it to what ever you want. My CyanogenMod builds actually show accurate information - Unknown - it's exactly that. ;)

If you installed stock ICS first and it still doesn't work, then I don't know. You just have to stick with gingerbread then.

ok thanks, my phone is strange...can you advice me last and best gingerbread rom with italian language?
thanks for your help

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
I don't know. There is no gingerbread for this device (Blade III) and actually this whole thread is in the completely wrong subforum. There's gingerbread ROMs for V889D and V880E that are some kind of Acqua variants like yours.

You're stock ROM is what you should be using but if you still have problems installing it, then you just have to use whatever works on your device.

dyn4mic

dyn4mic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

I don't know. There is no gingerbread for this device (Blade III) and actually this whole thread is in the completely wrong subforum. There's gingerbread ROMs for V889D and V880E that are some kind of Acqua variants like yours.

You're stock ROM is what you should be using but if you still have problems installing it, then you just have to use whatever works on your device.

sorry for the disturb konstaT ...
now i'm on stock 2.3.6 english/chinese (DFU_tools) ...
can you write me the full procedure for flash cyanogenmod10 ?
all step that i will do for CM10...
I swear that if I install CM10 with signal works, small donation for you ;)

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
Again, I don't know. There is no gingerbread for this device. No one has updated from gingerbread to jelly bean afaik. You have to figure it out yourself. If it works somehow, great. If not, use what ever works on your device.

I can't provide support for devices that I don't have myself (same applies to Acqua and other atlas40 variants).

dyn4mic

dyn4mic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Again, I don't know. There is no gingerbread for this device. No one has updated from gingerbread to jelly bean afaik. You have to figure it out yourself. If it works somehow, great. If not, use what ever works on your device.

I can't provide support for devices that I don't have myself (same applies to Acqua and other atlas40 variants).

when i received this phome, it have stock momodesing md droid rom h3g italy 2.3.6..
i fkashed cmw recovery, lewa 20130111.083727 4.0.4
and after CM10... all is fine and works, also sgnals...
only one bug, black screen during call... i after flashed CM10.1 but no signals...
after i reflash lewa, and have signals....
after lewa, flash CM10 and no signals !! WTF??
cofused

Something Wierd

Something Wierd

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade III
Did you formatted the system before you flashed the rom?

peetu20

peetu20

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade, Zte Blade III

when i received this phome, it have stock momodesing md droid rom h3g italy 2.3.6..
i fkashed cmw recovery, lewa 20130111.083727 4.0.4
and after CM10... all is fine and works, also sgnals...
only one bug, black screen during call... i after flashed CM10.1 but no signals...
after i reflash lewa, and have signals....
after lewa, flash CM10 and no signals !! WTF??
cofused

Did you wipe everything? By calibrating proximity sensor you should get black screen during calls.

dyn4mic

dyn4mic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Yes i wipe and format sistem..
now with LeWa_ZTE_V889D_ROM_13.08.02_b7fea.zip
signal works.. it's android 4.0.4
after this LeWa, i do all wipe and flash CM10.. no signals...
i flash now LeWa_ZTE_V889D_ROM_13.08.02_b7fea.zip (signal ok)
after CM10.1 and no signals.

edit: how can i restore my IMEI number?

edit2: my phone is 1 sim

Edited by dyn4mic, 05 September 2013 - 11:27 AM.

scotous

scotous

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Acqua
Just experienced the same issue and tried to do the DFU tool in a ZTE blade 3. I have followed the guidelines and did the chinese thing but now the phone wont even flash in led light nor enter zte handset diagnostic mode. ???

Full explanation...

i tried to put the cwm tool but accidentaly put it in a wrong partition (?) 13 instead of 17 in terminal emulator

after that the phone only flashed red and entered zte diagnostics mode dfu
i tried to do the dfu tool of the v889d found in this thread and did it but now the phone wont even boot at all. i can hear a dingle when plugging it in the pc but it is comming up as unknown device.

have i totally bricked it?

Edited by scotous, 14 September 2013 - 10:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users