Fix for Wifi Issue on Acqua with Blade III ROMs

Guest mrjujas

Guest pervila

Ran into the wifi problem with my ZTE Blade III. I'm running 

cm-11-20140521-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-atlas40.zip
md5:bc8b7bb8eb61df24ce8c662ae81d1207

Symptoms: Stuck at "Turning Wi-Fi on...", no MAC address visible.

Updated the wifi_patch-signed.zip but still no go.

Any pointers greatly appreciated!

EDIT:  Fixed by booting into ClockworkMod, formatting system & reinstalling.  :P
Edited by pervila

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MJonMoDaCo

Ran into the wifi problem with my ZTE Blade III. I'm running 

cm-11-20140521-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-atlas40.zip
md5:bc8b7bb8eb61df24ce8c662ae81d1207

Symptoms: Stuck at "Turning Wi-Fi on...", no MAC address visible.

Updated the wifi_patch-signed.zip but still no go.

Any pointers greatly appreciated!

EDIT:  Fixed by booting into ClockworkMod, formatting system & reinstalling.  :P

Actually, it's a well known problem if you trawled through the ZTE Blade III CM11 Thread long enough. Most people are having to reboot every time they move between different Networks, unless you had the good sense to turn off the WiFi before you left Network 1 so that the scanning didn't lose track of where it was, and froze in the process of getting to Network 2...

If you notice this behavior next time (it's only on CM11 really), then just give the phone a reboot. But turning off the WiFi helps out more often than not - but it's not a definite fix.

• 5 months later...
Guest pinco1234

Goodevening. I know that this discussion is very old but I try however to make a question.

First of all, sorry for my english: i'm italian! I have a Momodesign MD Droid and i have installed on it a Rom JB 4.1.2. for Blade 3. This rom is ok but wifi doesn't work. I try to use the solution of the method 1 but it doesn't work (The phone doesn't start). Later i try to use the Method 2 but the original rom file (that is a 2.3.6 android) doesn't have the file that are apponted in this guide. There is a solution? Can someone help me?