[MOD][TUTORIAL]How to add TOGGLES to STOCK ROM ( JELLYBEAN UI )

Guest razvankim

Hey! I want to ask you DEVs if it can be possible to have toggles on our stock rom ( emea_orgrod ) like cm10 ones or jellybean 4.2..

There are apps doing that (well, not exactly equivalent to CM10 toggles but close). I use "Notification toggle", and it does its job ;-)

Guest Spacecaker

Hey! I want to ask you DEVs if it can be possible to have toggles on our stock rom ( emea_orgrod ) like cm10 ones or jellybean 4.2..

it can be done but isnt easy i tried it myself but always FCD

mostly this is because of our systemui using basicly more methods then normal since it uses Disabled and Enabled for acer mode

u can try it but it aint easy

Working with smali is not really easy and need spare time.

You can find some tuts on XDA for other phones/ROM but you will have to understand what you do to backport changes.

Help to understand smali : http://pallergabor.uw.hu/androidblog/dalvik_opcodes.html - http://source.android.com/devices/tech/dalvik/dalvik-bytecode.html

Helpfull application (Virtuous Ten Studio - IDE for smali) : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1619473

I've just installed Power Toggles, looks great.

Just wanted to suggest that one. I always keep disabling the built in ones to use these. Power Toggles combined with Tasker is really nice.

I always use transparent toggles, in notification and on WidgetLocker lockscreen :-)

Guest Spacecaker

OK but could you explain what your "Enable/Disable Acer AOSP UI" app does anyway ? Thx.

it used to be an app that enables Acer Shell and Disables it but it didnt work properly yet

Guest Spacecaker

it set ENABLED to DISABLED and DISABLED to ENABLED in build.prop when DISABLED it gives u pure aosp stock rom without the weird statbar and stock jb lockscreen

• 2 months later...
Guest Spacecaker

currently trying this ;)

but after fixing all many IDs and all things

systemui cant start due to verify error.

after signing it dont start and also doesnt displays and FC error 

when i tried to disable signature check in services.jar my phone ended in rebootloop

so i am close but also so close that i might not be ablle to get it :/

warning: no STATUS_BAR_SERVICE

VFY: rejected Lcom/android/statusbar/phone/PhoneStatusBar;,
makeStatusBarView ()Lcom/android/statusbar/phone/PhoneStatusBarView;

Verifier recjected class Lcom/android/statusbar/phone/PhoneStatusBar;

Class init failed in newInstance call (Lcom/android/statusbar/phone/PhoneStatusBar;)

java.lang.VerifyError: Lcom/android/statusbar/phone/PhoneStatusBar