Huawei Update Extractor
After messing around a bit with the perl tools available for extracting Huawei update.app files,
i got the idea to create an own (windows) tool.
.Net Framework 3.5
Extract the content of the zip to a folder somewhere on your system.
I'm planning to create an installer sometime.
Press the browse (...) button and select an update.app file. Select a device or unknown and press on the open button.
You'll see the content of the update.app file in the listview.
Select one or more files and right click. Choose Extract selected from the context menu.
Choose the ouput folder and press ok.
Or just right click on the list and select Extract all, choose the output folder again and press ok.
Press close on the extract window.
You can sort the list on sequence, filename and size. Just press on the desired column header.
The profiles.xml file is used to identify the files in the update.app file. Every file in the update.app has a sequence or type, which is also
shown in the list. Those sequences or types are used to identify the file/device partition.
<Profile name="Unknown" author="worstenbrood">
<Profile name="Huawei G510-0100" author="worstenbrood">
<File sequence="00000000" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p17">system.img</File>
<File sequence="40000000" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p13">recovery.img</File>
<File sequence="80000000" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p03">baseband.img</File>
<File sequence="FC000000" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p12">boot.img</File>
<File sequence="70000000" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p16">cust.img</File>
<File sequence="30000000" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p18">userdata.img</File>
<File sequence="FE000000" signature="true">signature</File>
<File sequence="FF000000" checksum="true">crc</File>
<Profile name="Huawei P6" author="worstenbrood">
<File type="system" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p16">system.img</File>
<File type="cache" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p17">cache.img</File>
<File type="cust" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p18">cust.img</File>
<File type="userdata" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p19">userdata.img</File>
<File type="modemimage" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p13">modemimage.img</File>
<File type="boot" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p12">boot.img</File>
<File type="recovery" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p11">recovery.img</File>
<File type="md5rsa" signature="true">signature</File>
<File type="crc" checksum="true">crc</File>
- Root tag of the xml file.
- Identifies a device
- attribute name: name of the device
- attribute author: author of the device
- File root tag
- Identifies a file
- attribute sequence: sequence of the file in update.app
- attribute type: type of the file in the update.app
- attribute partition: destination partition on the device
- attribute signature: used to identify the signature file
- attribute checksum: used to identify the checksum file
- value: file name
You can add or edit devices. If you want them to integrate in newer version, pm 'em to me.
I'm gonna make some auto update for the device file somewhere in the future
- Next version will have repack function, need to do some ui adjustements
- You tell me ...
Zebadger (email@example.com) for figuring out the file headers
S34Qu4K3 for the P6 partition layout
- Create update zip works now, this requires to have a PERFECT device entry in the devices file. The sequence is used to identify the file AND partition. Only files that have these two will be included in the zip. USE WITH CAUTION, MAKE SURE THE PARTITION IS CORRECT OR YOU'LL END UP FLASHING THE WRONG IMAGES TO THE WRONG PARTITION !! I'M NOT RESPONSAbLE FOR bRICKING YOUR DEVICE! IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING, THEN DON'T USE IT!
- Added Type to the filelist (shows INPUT for g510 roms, but shows some useful info on P6 roms)
- Files now can also be identified by the type attribute in devices.xml
- Added P6 device
- Crc check during extract
- Crc check during creating flashable zip
- Added row to see file is flashable
- Added repack
- Added icons and tooltip
- Added settings
- Experimental, no signing on repack, crc file gets generated
- Alot of stuff i forgot
- Added command line options
- Alot of devices added in profiles (Credits to ngamyarthar, thanks alot dude!)
- Added android boot/recovery image recognition in magic.mgc
- Made setup
- v0.9.7.2: HuaweiUpdateExtractor_0.9.7.2_Setup.zip 1.72MB 650 downloads
Donate if you like my work !
Edited by worstenbrood, 13 February 2014 - 07:31 PM.