Photo

Wireless charging - supplement, but don't replace...

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

glossywhite

glossywhite

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,878 posts

It's dead handy just to chuck the phone on it when you get home - I have the puck blu-tacked in place beside the edge of my bedside cabinet. When the phone's up against the edge of the cabinet it's lined up in the sweet spot for charging. Easy.
No need to fanny about with plugging in wires or getting the connector the right way up. Well worth the few quid it set me back if only to keep MrsTheSoupThief from complaining so much about the rat's nest of wires at my side of the bed.

Yeah - I mean, plugging in wires eh - really shortens your day - PAH! So inconvenient and time consuming - plugging things in has caused SO much hassle for people for years.

...Not. :P

"Well worth the few quid it set me back if only to keep MrsTheSoupThief from complaining so much about the rat's nest of wires at my side of the bed."

Yes - I mean, may as well replace cheap, simple wires that cost £1 with a hulking great ugly lump of costly electronics instead - I mean, may as well add some more equipment to go wrong, eh! :D

Edited by glossywhite, 24 October 2013 - 12:02 AM.

The Soup Thief

The Soup Thief

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5 (N4 etc retired)
  • Twitter:@TheSoupThief

Ahh, glossywhite! How I've missed your measured comments and carefully considered opinions!

An analogy - indulge me a moment:

I used to have a kettle with a cord which plugged into it.  My current kettle looks more like this one

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCM8-vQWXTT9KFjsPa-yB

This doesn't save me hours of time or radically improve my life but it is sufficiently more convenient and less fiddly that when it breaks I will again make the (some might say "reckless") decision to shell out a few more quid to buy a replacement like it rather than one with a cord.

Some people make a different decisions and buy ones with cords, that's absolutely fine with me.

See where I'm going with that?

Using my wireless charger with my phone makes sense to me.  I paid what for me was a very fair price for a very small device which makes it a bit less difficult for me to put my phone on charge at night without having to turn on the light and find the end of the charging cable then fiddle to get it in the socket the right way up, while at the same time reducing the amount of crap at my bedside.

One day, glossywhite, it would be great if you could at least pretend you're trying to come to terms with the fact that not everyone sees things exactly the way you do.  Also would be nice if you could notice that when you make snarky comments on the internet suggesting that because people don't agree with you, they must be wrong / stupid /etc, it comes across as a bit rude and tends to get people's backs up.  

Until then, perhaps you have some other over-valued opinions you'd like to share with the world?  If yes, why not skip over to xda and share these gems with them 

glossywhite

glossywhite

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,878 posts

Ahh, glossywhite! How I've missed your measured comments and carefully considered opinions!

An analogy - indulge me a moment:

I used to have a kettle with a cord which plugged into it.  My current kettle looks more like this one

This doesn't save me hours of time or radically improve my life but it is sufficiently more convenient and less fiddly that when it breaks I will again make the (some might say "reckless") decision to shell out a few more quid to buy a replacement like it rather than one with a cord.

Some people make a different decisions and buy ones with cords, that's absolutely fine with me.

See where I'm going with that?

Using my wireless charger with my phone makes sense to me.  I paid what for me was a very fair price for a very small device which makes it a bit less difficult for me to put my phone on charge at night without having to turn on the light and find the end of the charging cable then fiddle to get it in the socket the right way up, while at the same time reducing the amount of crap at my bedside.

One day, glossywhite, it would be great if you could at least pretend you're trying to come to terms with the fact that not everyone sees things exactly the way you do.  Also would be nice if you could notice that when you make snarky comments on the internet suggesting that because people don't agree with you, they must be wrong / stupid /etc, it comes across as a bit rude and tends to get people's backs up.  

Until then, perhaps you have some other over-valued opinions you'd like to share with the world?  If yes, why not skip over to xda and share these gems with them 

You took a comment about my genuine dislike of unncessary gimmicks, and twisted it into a personal attack? Wow - that's quite a feat. It shows I'm far more memorable than I thought - I didn't expect you to have remembered me - I don't even know you or recall who you are, with respect.

If you don't like my opinions, then why are you paying me attention by replying? Seems a little contradictory. You like this wireless stuff - GREAT! :D do you need to validate yourself with a snyde reply? Nope - you're just as entitled to free opinion as much as we all are - take it easy - it was not personal I promise you.

Enjoy your night. 

Edited by glossywhite, 24 October 2013 - 07:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users