[JB] [4.3.1] CyanogenMod 10.2 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest simosdimos

Hello, yesterday I flashed the GB slim v7 custom rom . I tried then to flash this one (jb 4.3.1). But it stops installing this one and says "Aborted". I am new and I don't know the reason, what occurs the problem. I would like to flash this rom. (I think that there's maybe a problem with the kernel of the GB Slim v7 rom: kra1o5 Ouch kernel). I have the CWM Recovery 6.0.4.5 R8 By Dazzozo.

Thank you

**Espiecially says:

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.service")=="u8815" ........

E:Error in /storage/sdcard1/xxx.zip

(Status 7)

Installation aborted

1.i boot in the recovery cwm 6.0.4.5 

2.wipe dat/factory reset

3.format /system

4.wipe cache partition

5.wipe dalvik cache

6.install zip

Is this the right order?

Edited by simosdimos

• 4 weeks later...

Hi dazzozo, check the integration with google keyboard i cant put it on system and video decoding.

Also ckeck wat is making so must waste of cpu and ram and, PLEASE, go back to weekly updates.

This rom is the best.

Thanks

Guest kyan31

Hi dazzozo, check the integration with google keyboard i cant put it on system and video decoding.

Also ckeck wat is making so must waste of cpu and ram and, PLEASE, go back to weekly updates.

This rom is the best.

Thanks

He wont go back to weekly updates as that stalls ROM builds of kitkat for the g300 and some other devices. This is old anyway.

Guest joandrade

He wont go back to weekly updates as that stalls ROM builds of kitkat for the g300 and some other devices. This is old anyway.

Nah, it really doesn't. They were built on friday afternoons, and nightlies are built starting at midnight. it's just old, I don't think it's being updated anymore, anyway, I checked the cm-10.2 branch of some of their repos.

Guest kyan31

Nah, it really doesn't. They were built on friday afternoons, and nightlies are built starting at midnight. it's just old, I don't think it's being updated anymore, anyway, I checked the cm-10.2 branch of some of their repos.

Ah alright, thanks for clearing that up.

• 1 month later...
Guest tiagosantos88

Try update 20140601 and video decoding still pretty poor, i think this is the best cm rom for our phone because aint got no bugs like green camera sd switch pair and the only thing that keep's me from staying in this rom is the video decoding because i use youtube alot...

Is daz still working on this ROM?? I wish he is!!!

• 1 month later...
Guest mogyojovaj

I'm pretty sure that this was asked before, and sorry for asking again, but when I try to create a mount script with link2sd, I get "mount script cannot be created" errors, such as "can't umount /data/sdext2". I used link2sd for years, but I don’t know what to do with that. As I think, umount is just a misspell, and when I check the storage info it confuses me. external storage is the size of the internal, external sd is the 768MB internal memory... Does this rom even support link2sd?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have tried to install this ROM a couple of times now using the CWM recovery and I always get the same error when flashing: (Status 7).

Can anyone help me?

Yes, I have a G300. The ROM is intacta and the recovery is the one that Dazz recomended in the first post of this thread.

I don't know why it doesn't work.

Any more ideas?

Ps: I have unlocked the bootloader officially and I have been changing ROMs for over a year now. So it isn't new for me.

I'm surprised you have to ask if you say that you have installed custom recoveries and ROMs before.

Anyway you get the ROM ZIP again, make sure it's intact then install it via CWM (or TWRP) making sure to do the necessary wipes and formats outlined in the ROM installation instructions.

Regardless of these instructions I normally wipe/format everything before installing.

Some ROM installations also require certain wipes AFTER installation.

Hope this helps

I'm surprised you have to ask if you say that you have installed custom recoveries and ROMs before.

Anyway you get the ROM ZIP again, make sure it's intact then install it via CWM (or TWRP) making sure to do the necessary wipes and formats outlined in the ROM installation instructions.

Regardless of these instructions I normally wipe/format everything before installing.

Some ROM installations also require certain wipes AFTER installation.

Hope this helps

I was just asking to make sure I do it right. YES, THAT is what I have always done. It doesn't work. I don't know what else to do. :/

If the ROM download is intact, you are using a recent CWM/TWRP, your sdcard is reliable/intact and you are doing all relevant wipes/formats then I don't know why it doesn't work.

Maybe search the forum for other reports of "Status 7" errors when flashing in case there's anything useful there.

I generally use Google rather than the site's own search as the latter is not reliable in my experience.

Edited by dalyer