[JB] [4.3.1] CyanogenMod 10.2 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest SyrupDErable

When i first start it, give it PIN code, no first setting of phone. Crashing of G+ and home button not working. Google search was not there and in Google Play, in My Apps was "nothin installed app on phone". I hope u will get closer look on these bugs :) KEEP UP YOUR AWESOME WORK! ;)

UPDATE#1: No lockscreen. Am i isntalled it bad? Just updated recovery, wiped everythin, installed rom, then gapps..?

UPDATE#2: I installed it without gapps, but scrashes of core still showing and store too crashing :(

Sorry, I didn't have these problems, so it seems to be an installation problem on your phone, not with the ROM per se

Guest SyrupDErable

Hello ... I need info I can install this ROM on your phone G510 0200 Slovakia ....

thank you

I don't know the hardware for the model you're referring to, check the details, but the answer is "probably not"

Guest SyrupDErable

Gaaps link don't work

gapps link works just fine, though I'm not 100% of Google apps themselves (but presume they're OK)

post again, after trying again, and I can send you a private once-only link if needed

Guest Dazzozo

Currently I'm referring to this EARLY build as "that stupid p^o^s*"

can't get online Play to recognise my phone, despite being able to download, and pay for, new apps; sign in to Gmail etc etc -- maybe this was a HUGE mistake adding it to an OTA -

yeah, it seems slower, maybe build in even more features till we cripple the OS on this phone?

and Google+ seems a mandatory piece of c^^^ware I can well do without

Mind being less rude?

Most of these issues I haven't experienced, the Play Store issue happens on any device and can happen when you change ROMs, it's temporary, so chill out. It's faster for me, and I don't know why Google+ is in the gapps zip, but that's not my responsibility. Update it to fix it crashing, or disable it. It's like you guys want your phones to configure themselves and just know what apps you want...

I'll also point out these are nightlies. CM hasn't done any kind of milestone release yet. The device is functional, therefore we can switch the nightlies on.

Guest SyrupDErable

Mind being less rude?

Most of these issues I haven't experienced, the Play Store issue happens on any device and can happen when you change ROMs, it's temporary, so chill out. It's faster for me, and I don't know why Google+ is in the gapps zip, but that's not my responsibility. Update it to fix it crashing, or disable it. It's like you guys want your phones to configure themselves and just know what apps you want...

I'll also point out these are nightlies. CM hasn't done any kind of milestone release yet. The device is functional, therefore we can switch the nightlies on.

How could I be "less rude" -- it's a valid, polite expression of frustration -- I didn't "spell it out" -- I commented on "your" ROM, but if you're just passing off others' work, I guess that's the way it goes -- it's one thing to "know" what apps we want and to be able to actually remove them each time we download a nightly -- but, again, that's the way it goes I guess

Hope it does settle down

but for the newbies I think some more info could have been provided about things to expect, as I've tried to do (if ever! people read the posts)

but thanks for your quick response, sorry for any needless "response cost" -- overall, the fact that it's been provided is much appreciated, truly, thank you

-- --

speaking of "nightlies" we seem to have two nightlies for 0906 -- for different versions, I note 10.1 and 10.2 -- on the same "whatever" -- something for people to be aware of

Guest hugocard

How could I be "less rude" -- it's a valid, polite expression of frustration -- I didn't "spell it out" -- I commented on "your" ROM, but if you're just passing off others' work, I guess that's the way it goes -- it's one thing to "know" what apps we want and to be able to actually remove them each time we download a nightly -- but, again, that's the way it goes I guess

Hope it does settle down

but for the newbies I think some more info could have been provided about things to expect, as I've tried to do (if ever! people read the posts)

but thanks for your quick response, sorry for any needless "response cost" -- overall, the fact that it's been provided is much appreciated, truly, thank you

-- --

speaking of "nightlies" we seem to have two nightlies for 0906 -- for different versions, I note 10.1 and 10.2 -- on the same "whatever" -- something for people to be aware of

you are a toxic dude in this forum and you should take a rest and shut your mouth. Dazzodo this for free. huawei ascend g300 isnt even his number 1 device since he has a nexus 4 i think. so we can only be thankfull to him and appreceate his work. And everybody knows theres is 10.1,10.2,10, and 9 on the same getcm....

And now my experience with this rom:

Ive experienced some issues with the focal and cammera app. they keep having a greenefied picture and theu get forceclosed.

Also the twitch app ( video streaming app) doesnt work at all.

Hope you can fix this dazz. Thx for the rom.

Edited by hugocard

Guest Dazzozo

It's not a polite expression of frustration, regardless of whether you spell it out or not.

I have no idea what you're talking about with "passing off others' work", because software has done this forever. Do you want me to write CyanogenMod myself? Then the JDK? Then GCC? Then the operating system I compile the ROM on?

If people don't like something, they can freely not use it. I think people should be making decisions themselves a lot more.

The CM10.1 build is a weekly. CM10 and CM9 have been dropped to monthly builds, since we ended up with a few weeks in a row where the builds were identical. Those codebases really don't need weekly builds anymore.

Only CM10.2 is nightly now.

Guest SyrupDErable

It's not a polite expression of frustration, regardless of whether you spell it out or not.

I have no idea what you're talking about with "passing off others' work", because software has done this forever. Do you want me to write CyanogenMod myself? Then the JDK? Then GCC? Then the operating system I compile the ROM on?

If people don't like something, they can freely not use it. I think people should be making decisions themselves a lot more.

The CM10.1 build is a weekly. CM10 and CM9 have been dropped to monthly builds, since we ended up with a few weeks in a row where the builds were identical. Those codebases really don't need weekly builds anymore.

Only CM10.2 is nightly now.

agreed, think I'll be going back to the 10.1 since this has some problems, unsurprisingly, but just to clear up some details

without looking too hard I have "nightlies" for 10.1 on 0905 and 0906 -- hardly a week apart -- but thanks for the updafe on their frequency, from now on

for the person with 'greenified" camera -- have you tried looking at the actual photos yet? they're NOT green

btw you DON'T want to know what an impolite expression of frustration is like

but, as you say, let's use something else until this has its problems sorted out

Guest subbrn2

14 hours with this rom the battery seems better than cm10.1

fast and very fluid with some bugs naturally ..

since I made the official bootloader unlock, No more lost signal.

bla bla bla dazzozo fantastic job ... you are the king: D

Guest Oscar10ag

Currently I'm referring to this EARLY build as "that stupid p^o^s*"

can't get online Play to recognise my phone, despite being able to download, and pay for, new apps; sign in to Gmail etc etc -- maybe this was a HUGE mistake adding it to an OTA -

yeah, it seems slower, maybe build in even more features till we cripple the OS on this phone?

and Google+ seems a mandatory piece of c^^^ware I can well do without

I see that I am not the only one upset with you misplaced your comments. You are not here to support this project, GO OUT and STOP PROVOKING people that want to help in one way or another way to Daz. There are people who are novices (like me) and there are people who are more experienced, but I have not seen any person that likes to create unrest like you. WE DO NOT WANT YOU HERE.

OUT!!

Edited by Oscar10ag

I think SyrupDErable should just tone his comments down a bit. I understand he means well, but nowadays he's just taking over all of the CM based threads. Half the time it's hard to find what I need due to all of his comments.

Guest Oscar10ag

18 hours with the first nightly of Android 4.3 and so far I notice the battery is much better. The only problem detected is Google+, but I do not use this, it is no problem for me. The ROM is very fast so I am delighted.

Thanks again Daz for all your work and your dedication. I will not change my mobile for long time. You are the best.

Edited by Oscar10ag

Guest Dazzozo

Bug: Go to Settings > About Device then press 5 or more times is SELinux and it will glitch out the screen

Not really a bug. That switches SELinux to enforced mode, which currently isn't set up (at all), so things like the kgsl device get locked down and that freezes the UI. There was meant to be a warning message added to that by CM but I don't know what happened to that.

So for now, yes, avoid that. :D

I'll work on it soon.

Guest fussyfella

Had the G300 for a while now, been on 10.1

Been trying this out, and it's (4.3) supposed to be faster, but I can't see it

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2013/08/review-android-4-3-future-proofs-the-platform-with-multitude-of-minor-changes/

With the SGS 4 out now, the price of the SGS 3 has really come down, and, if anything, this ROM shows up the pointlessness of 4.3 on such old tech. So with 4.3 coming in October (and it'll probably be then before this stabilises enough to come off nightlies) I think I'll just wait till then, and just keep the g300 on 10.1 for backups

Edited by fussyfella

Guest fussyfella

I don't see any changes in stock camera app (still slow and green). Everything else works as expected. Great job, Daz!

Read the review at the link I posted earlier - changes are largely "cosmetic"

Guest Dellboy2012

Read the review at the link I posted earlier - changes are largely "cosmetic"

Yeah, but I saw people reporting on superfast and usable stock camera app.

By the way, can't seem to find notification toggles, just a way to add quick settings tiles to notification drawer. Is this changed or am I to stupid to find it?