[JB] [4.3.1] CyanogenMod 10.2 [ROM]

1186 replies to this topic

djubre7

djubre7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Ascend G300 | OT 990

Hey all, sorry to hear about your phones dying off. So far, mine is working OK. I have 20131020 and 3.4.0-gc74366b kernel, with SJS00M, and CWM 6.0.4.0.. Somehow the only problem I have is that the phone kept resetting a couple of times today (and maybe yesterday), but always comes back up... What interests me is if I want to switch this rom with some other, what are all the steps needed to avoid bricking it?

EDIT: Darn I forgot to say thanks to Daz for everything he's doing. I can't even think about what this must feel like. I hope you will not give up on it, not because of us the users, but because you would leave an unfinished business in your life and it's never a good thing. Get over the feelings, and close this circle as you should, man! Keep it up!

Edited by djubre7, 22 October 2013 - 04:14 PM.

Zisj

Zisj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:G300 - Tab 7.0+
Have SJS00M , October 20 build and TWRP 2.6.3.0

Phone running fine.

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,240 posts
  • Devices:Haier W910, Coolpad F1 8297W

Try to fully charge it through recovery

Why is that going to make any difference compared to charging when the phone is off or running Android?!  :wacko:

bidzapfc

bidzapfc

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Interests:Meeting someone's mother
  • Devices:Sony Xperia ZR

sharing my experience friend

If you are reading this, then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second of your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty you can't honestly think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed by authority that you give respect and credence to all who demand it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job, start a fight, prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity, you will become a statistic. You have been warned. ~ Tyler

phyllocrania

phyllocrania

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300

Ah - OK. Sounds like it could be the battery alright if it happens on all ROMs. Did you order the one mentioned on the other thread?
I've always gotten about 2 days give or take whatever ROM and having tweaked things a bit (e.g. mainly 2G only - 3G is a battery killer for me).
I'm on stock GB B895 based superslim now and it works very well/smooth/reliably but battery lifetime is still more or less what I got on Stock+, CM10.0 (?) about a year ago etc.
I can't see much more scope for optimizing use unless I go to data/wifi on demand only, disable sync etc.

I haven't ordered that battery yet. The thing is, my G300 came with a 1350mAh battery. Will using a higher capacity battery affect my phone in a bad way? That battery is rated 1550mAh.

Another thing is that whenever I charge my phone normally or by using TWRP to 100%, after a reboot it comes down to 90-92%. And in an hour dwindles to ~60% with 40-45 minutes of screen on time.

My phone is 13 months old. Battery shouldn't have degraded so fast. I have used another Android for 2+ years without any battery issues. :blink:

phyllocrania

phyllocrania

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
Just charged to 100% (ensuring full 20 minutes plugged in even after it showed 100%) in TWRP. And see what's the condition in just 1.5 hours. :(:( I flashed Slimv13 today evening btw. :P

Attached Files

Edited by phyllocrania, 22 October 2013 - 07:18 PM.

bidzapfc

bidzapfc

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Interests:Meeting someone's mother
  • Devices:Sony Xperia ZR

Whoa... Do you lose signal alot?

Attached File  Screenshot_2013-10-22-21-22-23.png   172.7KB   41 downloads

Attached File  Screenshot_2013-10-22-21-22-32.png   221.83KB   39 downloads

Edited by bidzapfc, 22 October 2013 - 07:25 PM.

If you are reading this, then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second of your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty you can't honestly think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed by authority that you give respect and credence to all who demand it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job, start a fight, prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity, you will become a statistic. You have been warned. ~ Tyler

phyllocrania

phyllocrania

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
Mobile network signal was on the whole time. Its shown by that green line, isn't it? :unsure:

phyllocrania

phyllocrania

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Whoa... Do you lose signal alot?

http://www.modaco.com/public/style_images/marble_34/attachicon.gif Screenshot_2013-10-22-21-22-23.png

http://www.modaco.com/public/style_images/marble_34/attachicon.gif Screenshot_2013-10-22-21-22-32.png

I am freaking out seeing your battery status. I feel like crying. Why only me??? :angry::angry::(:(

kutlas

kutlas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

My phone is 16 months old, sleep over night ;-)   :

Screenshot_2013_09_14_06_44_57.jpg

Screenshot_2013_09_14_06_45_11.jpg

Edited by kutlas, 22 October 2013 - 08:03 PM.

phyllocrania

phyllocrania

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

My phone is 16 months old, sleep over night ;-) :
Posted Image

Posted Image

I can't see the images properly. :wacko:

jamie_w

jamie_w

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
Well just checked and I'm on sjsoom and using 20/10/13 build with cwm and all seems fine.

kutlas

kutlas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

I can't see the images properly. :wacko:

try again

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,884 posts

try again

It's blurry darling

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

Phones: Samsung Galaxy S4 Qualcomm & Huawei Ascend G300

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

Subscribe to my YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/thekyan31

popadicsm

popadicsm

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Devices:Alcatel OT-992D

is this rom ready for daily use ( few calls, sms,..). does this rom have uninspected reboots, apk's stop working,...

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,240 posts

Well for one thing you may get unexpected "3G" reboots if you have an unofficially unlocked bootloader in which case you should do an official bootloader unlock.

danny19901

danny19901

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Interests:Modding, coding, hacking anything to do with computers or phones also jailbreaking love music like walking etc...
  • Devices:LG optimus 4X HD P880
  • Twitter:@danny19901

is this rom ready for daily use ( few calls, sms,..). does this rom have uninspected reboots, apk's stop working,...

I have been using a while and all is good works flawless no issues barely good for daily use (sorry ignore I'm using tapatalk and thought I was in Y300 thread lol my bad)

Edited by danny19901, 22 October 2013 - 10:38 PM.

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,240 posts

no issues barely good for daily use

Eh?

danny19901

danny19901

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Interests:Modding, coding, hacking anything to do with computers or phones also jailbreaking love music like walking etc...
  • Devices:LG optimus 4X HD P880
  • Twitter:@danny19901

Eh?

I'm sorry I miss posted in wrong thread I have been using tapatalk and I thought I was in Y300 thread as the thread titles are very similar sorry

popadicsm

popadicsm

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Devices:Alcatel OT-992D

Well for one thing you may get unexpected "3G" reboots if you have an unofficially unlocked bootloader in which case you should do an official bootloader unlock.

bootloader is officialy unlocked :) is the battery life really bad?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users