Bye G300 :(

Guest Gabriel94

Guest Gabriel94

Well, I wanted to somehow get TWRP on my G300 but the power button was broken, I booted up from a Ubuntu Live CD, and typed the following command in the Terminal:

dd if=/sdcard/twrp.blob of=/deb/block/platform/msm_sdcc.3/mmcblk0p4[/CODE]

That was it, the end of my G300, my first smartphone, it was a very good one, it wont even start up now, even if its plugged in to charge or whatever, well maybe its time to move on.

My second smartphone will be a iPhone 4. Im not a Apple fan, Ill come back to Android as soon as possible Ill get my hands on the cheap Nexus 4, the iPhone 4 is free, from my cousin, so I cant say no.

Until then, have a good stay on MoDaCo, I sure had, and someday I will return. :(

Edited by Gabriel94

Well, I wanted to somehow get TWRP on my G300 but the power button was broken, I booted up from a Ubuntu Live CD, and typed the following command in the Terminal:
dd if=/sdcard/twrp.blob of=/deb/block/platform/msm_sdcc.3/mmcblk0p4[/CODE]

That was it, the end of my G300, my first smartphone, it was a very good one, it wont even start up now, even if its plugged in to charge or whatever, well maybe its time to move on.

My second smartphone will be a iPhone 4. Im not a Apple fan, Ill come back to Android as soon as possible Ill get my hands on the cheap Nexus 4, the iPhone 4 is free, from my cousin, so I cant say no.

Until then, have a good stay on MoDaCo, I sure had, and someday I will return. :(

Oh crap, sorry to hear about your phone Gabriel. That's just terrible :(

How did you switch your phone on with no working power button?

Why did you use dd above?

Aren't there other ways to install TWRP that don't depend on a working power button?

http://www.modaco.com/topic/359827-twrp-2610-official-for-u8815u8815nu8818-30082013/

He would plug it in and then unplug to turn it on. The only other ways to install TWRP involve fastboot, which still needs a power button.

He would plug it in and then unplug to turn it on. The only other ways to install TWRP involve fastboot, which still needs a power button.

OK - sorry - didn't realise that... :blush:

Guest Dazzozo

The bootloader reboot reason is broken on the G300, blame Huawei.

Also, mmcblk0p4 is not recovery. mmcblk0p16 is. I guess you followed a guide for another device.

Guest Dazzozo

What is mmcblk0p4 then?

Is it the bootloader?

Nope, and its always been a mystery. It has no name for sure. It's exactly 1KB and even has an MBR signature. My guess is it's some kind of device-specific configuration read by the bootloader.

Guest Thumper Net

The iPhone 4 is from next week taken out of apples product line along with the 4s . don't upgrade to iOS 7 when its out as it will slow your phone down and half the new features won't work on it . apples way of forcing you to buy a new iPhone 5 . 5s or its Samsung plastic model the 5c

Guest Gabriel94

The bootloader reboot reason is broken on the G300, blame Huawei.

Also, mmcblk0p4 is not recovery. mmcblk0p16 is. I guess you followed a guide for another device.

No way to undo what I did? Like replace mmcblk0p4 with the original one?

Guest george109

Nope, and its always been a mystery. It has no name for sure. It's exactly 1KB and even has an MBR signature. My guess is it's some kind of device-specific configuration read by the bootloader.

Are they device specific? as I have pulled mine with the adb using the commands

adb shell

cat dev/block/mmcblk0p4 > /sdcard/blk4

^C

adb pull /sdcard/blk4 

and I can upload it here if you want :)

Edited by george109

Guest Dazzozo

If you could get it in download mode, yes, but from what you've said it sounds like it doesn't want to power on at all. In that case, not without extra hardware.

Are they device specific? as I have pulled mine with the adb using the commands

adb shell
cat dev/block/mmcblk0p4 > /sdcard/blk4
^C
adb pull /sdcard/blk4 [/code]

and I can upload it here if you want :)

Well since we don't know what they contain you might want to be more sensitive about it. :P

I could have a look for science's sake, though.

Guest george109

If you could get it in download mode, yes, but from what you've said it sounds like it doesn't want to power on at all. In that case, not without extra hardware.

Well since we don't know what they contain you might want to be more sensitive about it. :P

I could have a look for science's sake, though.

Can you have a look at it? I can PM it to you, but obviously, do not share it! :P

EDIT: Sent yesterday, just forgot to edit!

Edited by george109