G300 possessed by the devil...

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi All,

I've experienced some odd behaviour with my G300, and thought I'd seek your advice to see if you've seen similar...

1) My G300 is brand new, and yet the battery acts crazy... From say full charge to even a mid charge.

ex: If I charged my battery to 100%, if I shut down to CWM Recovery it'll show 75% (this is whilst plugged into the mains) If I reboot again and load CWM again, it will show 100% for a few seconds and then drop down to 70's% again. When its not plugged into the mains, the battery seems to deplete normally...

If the battery is showing a level of say 60% in the OS, if I plug my charger in, walk away and come back in a couple of minutes, it will show summit like 35%... I've no idea why it looses power when connected to mains?? lol

I'm currently trying to run the battery completely flat and try a full charge again...

My Bootloader is unlocked via the unofficial method, by an App that Roots and unlocks the Bootloader within the same App. Could this be causing the unstableness...??

Whats the best thing to do, keep using the Windows App to Root/Unlock Bootloader. Or shall I apply for the official BootLoader unlock?

http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwide/servicePolicy.do?method=preUnlock

Whats the Pro's and Con's of the above...?? App vs official Website?

As Ive heard the official method can cause problems too...??

If I do get an official unlock, do I need to return my phone to stock firmware to apply it, or can I do it now whilst running CM10.1 ?

Thanks, Lister

Guest george109

Hi All,

I've experienced some odd behaviour with my G300, and thought I'd seek your advice to see if you've seen similar...

1) My G300 is brand new, and yet the battery acts crazy... From say full charge to even a mid charge.

ex: If I charged my battery to 100%, if I shut down to CWM Recovery it'll show 75% (this is whilst plugged into the mains) If I reboot again and load CWM again, it will show 100% for a few seconds and then drop down to 70's% again. When its not plugged into the mains, the battery seems to deplete normally...

If the battery is showing a level of say 60% in the OS, if I plug my charger in, walk away and come back in a couple of minutes, it will show summit like 35%... I've no idea why it looses power when connected to mains?? lol

I'm currently trying to run the battery completely flat and try a full charge again...

My Bootloader is unlocked via the unofficial method, by an App that Roots and unlocks the Bootloader within the same App. Could this be causing the unstableness...??

Whats the best thing to do, keep using the Windows App to Root/Unlock Bootloader. Or shall I apply for the official BootLoader unlock?

http://www.huaweidev...ethod=preUnlock

Whats the Pro's and Con's of the above...?? App vs official Website?

As Ive heard the official method can cause problems too...??

If I do get an official unlock, do I need to return my phone to stock firmware to apply it, or can I do it now whilst running CM10.1 ?

Thanks, Lister

I would unlock officially. You might as well, as then it can rule out one cause for the problem. You can find the tutorial link below :)

Guest bladebuddy

Fully charge the battery turn off and pull/replace the battery then charged for a extra 10mis after it says full. This should fully calibrate the battery and it should work OK. As its a new battery you phone probably hasn't got the full stats yet.

Hope this sorts you're problem J:D

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi All,

Thanks for all the suggestions, and so promptly too...

1) I have run / wiped the Battery stats on this before, a couple of days ago... It was at 100% when I did it, but it wasnt from a completely flat battery... It was say from around 40-60% charge, and then charged from there upto 100%.... So perhaps I should of let it get completely flat before charging to 100% and then wiping...

2) I shall do a full re-charge from zero, and then unplug and charge some more.... to let it calibrate. Do I wipe it then, after it reaches 100%

3) Ok, I think I shall do an official unlock of Bootloader then... Are there any Pro's / Con's to doing this?? Is it best to do the official unlock over the hack-app method. (This doesnt change the baseband 2030 does it?? Just the bootloader.....)

Thanks guys,

Lister

Guest george109

3) Ok, I think I shall do an official unlock of Bootloader then... Are there any Pro's / Con's to doing this?? Is it best to do the official unlock over the hack-app method. (This doesnt change the baseband 2030 does it?? Just the bootloader.....)

Pros:

It reduces the amount of Random Reboots

It can increase the stability of the phone

In some cases, it can give a better signal

It is free!

Cons:

It can take a while to get the code.

It is a little bit fiddly to unlock.

You cannot change the Huawei Ascend splash screen.

Edited by george109

• 2 months later...
Guest MrPuddington

Unfortunately this seems to be completely "normal" with the G300. Mine here was showing 48%, then jumped to 14%. Once connected to the charger, it immediately jumped up to 43% again. It seems that the SoC logic is just useless on the G300. I did comment on that last year, but I think it is getting worse over time.

And no, erasing the battery calibration is not the answer - it should neither be necessary, nor helpful, nor does it actually solve the problem.

• 1 month later...
Guest GadanCika

I have some similar problems. When batery 100% charged and unpluged, drop 15% in 10 minutes without using phone. And then continue to drop normaly. I deleted batery stats and use Batery cslibration from Google Play but nothing change. Did anybody have idea how to solve?