4 replies to this topic

Voxpop2011

Voxpop2011

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Devices:Vodafone Smart 4 mini
My phone is becoming seriously unstable. Aside from the constant reboots, it runs slow or freezes, switches itself off whilst there is still plenty of charge in the battery, the clock goes haywire and typically is two or three hours fast, calls I try to make are repeatedly dropped, I cannot connect to the play store ('no connection, retry') nor use gmail and apps keep stopping. In short, the thing is as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.

Due to a terrible miscalculation of scale the entire battle fleet was accidentally swallowed by a small dog. [Hitchhiker's guide to the gallery: Douglas Adams]

Badinternet.jpg

ZolaIII

ZolaIII

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Y300-100
Didn't you send it on repair two times so far?
What method did you use to root?
When did you clean the rom last time (cleared data, cash & davik cash)?

I have costume ashtray in me car!
I did have a 2~3 forced loo lv (Linux) restarts on long runs after disabling CPU debugging flag's bat I reverted that.

Edited by ZolaIII, 08 September 2013 - 06:49 PM.

Voxpop2011

Voxpop2011

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
It has been back to Vodafone once and the firmware was updated. I used the method for rooting as described in the rooting thread on this forum. If I now clear the dalvik cache, will it break root?

Due to a terrible miscalculation of scale the entire battle fleet was accidentally swallowed by a small dog. [Hitchhiker's guide to the gallery: Douglas Adams]

Badinternet.jpg

ZolaIII

ZolaIII

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Y300-100
No it will not! Bat do the Huawei backup of apps who's settings (progress or data) is inportant to you, logs (of calls, messages) bat don't do backup of system settings. Then wipe all & restore backup! As it is ROMs thru the time accumulate dirty data (logs, settings...) so they become slow & some time's unstable then they nead good bath & spanking!
This happens with all ROMs bat with bad ones sooner then latter!

Edited by ZolaIII, 09 September 2013 - 08:32 AM.

Voxpop2011

Voxpop2011

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

... ROMs thru ... time accumulate dirty data (logs, settings...) so they become slow & some time's unstable then they nead good bath & spanking!

:D Thanks Zola, I will try a cleanup of the dalvik cache to see if that stops the reboots. If that doesn't work, I will bite the bullet and apply for a bootloader unlock and try a CUSTOM ROM.

Edited by Voxpop2011, 09 September 2013 - 04:29 PM.

Badinternet.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users