[SMARTPHONE] BQ Aquaris 5 Source Code for Development

Guest WiiSky70

Guest WiiSky70

Hi :)

As you may now that i will buy the BQ Aquaris 5 , that i usually look out for ROM Support as well .

So why not dump the official source code (GPL) for developers that we have on the MoDaCo Community to start working on it ?

Since this is mid-range device here's the specs for this 200€/$ Dollars/Euros :

Source Code (GPL) for Aquaris 5 : https://s3.amazonaws.com/tabletfirmwares/GPL/Aquaris5_GPL.tar.gz - 200MB

• Dimensions Dimensions: 142 x 71 x 9,9 mm Weight: 170 g
  • Screen Size: 5” Technology: 5 points IPS qHD capacitive multi-touch screen Resolution: 540 x 960 px, 220 DPI (HDPI) Viewing angle: 178º
  • Memory 16 GB of memory
  • Processor CPU: Quad Core Cortex A7 up to 1.2 GHz. GPU: PowerVR™ Series5 SGX RAM memory: 1 GB
  • Battery Battery Li-ion 2200 mAh
  • Compatible formats Text format: .epub, .txt, .fb2, .mobi Image format: .jpeg, .bmp, .gif Video format: .3gp, .avi, .mp4, .ts Audio format: mp3, .wav, .ogg, .flac, .aac
    • Operating System Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
    • Connectivity Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n Micro-USB Bluetooth 3G+ connectivity
      • Category 24 HSDPA (42 Mbps)
      • Category 7 HSUPA (11,5 Mbps)

GPS[*] Connections Dual SIM card slot 5V - 1A input Jack 3.5 mm TRRS for earphones (CTIA) Micro-SD™ slot up to 64 GB

[*] Supported bands GSM: GSM 850, EGSM 900, DCS 1800 e PCS 1900 UMTS: UMTS 900 y 2100

[*] Functions Frontal camera: VGA (640 x 480) Rear camera: 8 Mp (3.264 x 2.448) with flash and autofocus Light sensor Proximity sensor

[*] Other system functions Accelerometer Calculator Email client Calendar Clock and alarms Video player Audio player Photos viewer Files explorer FM Radio Microfone Speaker

[*]

Box content bq Aquaris 5 Micro-USB to USB cable Power charger Hands-free (headset with microphone) Documentation

Hi.

There's currently no complete code for mtk socs allowing to build complete ROMs from source I know of. Some kernel sources has been released but that's about it. It's not enough since dual sim support (Gemini) implementation + other mtk specialities are spread all over the framework.

Anyway, for getting some features you may know from custom ROMs for Skate, there's my project here you may be interested in:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2316070

Guest omegavesko

MediaTek is really not developer friendly. Like I've said before, building ROMs from source (CM, AOKP, etc.) is basically impossible. However, there are some pretty great Xposed mosules (like C3C0's) that can help you get back some custom ROM functionality, but not all of it. And of course you can forget about updates.

Guest WiiSky70

MediaTek is really not developer friendly. Like I've said before, building ROMs from source (CM, AOKP, etc.) is basically impossible. However, there are some pretty great Xposed mosules (like C3C0's) that can help you get back some custom ROM functionality, but not all of it. And of course you can forget about updates.

I think OTA updates are provided by BQ on their support website . Currently the firmware level is at 1.1.2 Build Version

Guest omegavesko

I think OTA updates are provided by BQ on their support website . Currently the firmware level is at 1.1.2 Build Version

Oh, that's nice. Are they planning to release an update to Android 4.3 in the future?

Guest WiiSky70

Oh, that's nice. Are they planning to release an update to Android 4.3 in the future?

I don't know maybe they will upgrade it right to Android 4.4 KitKat in the future . They update quite regularly their devices so i think the Aquaris 5 is no expection.

Edited by WiiSky70

I don't think they will go beyond 4.2 with these devices. Manufacturers using mtk platform are quite fast in releasing new models. Their policy is to sell more new devices rather than support the old ones.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest WiiSky70

There's a new firmware update for the BQ Aquaris 5 . This update is an hard reset version of the original OTA ! 

Version 1.2.2 - (327 MB) 

Download Link - https://s3.amazonaws.com/phonefirmwares/Aquaris5/1.2.2_20130830-17.36_HR.zip

• Improved GPS performance and greater compatibility with GPS apps.
  • Includes synchronisation with browser bookmarks.
  • New Weather and News widget.
  • Correction of mistranslated terms.