140 replies to this topic

Buffalo Soldier

Buffalo Soldier

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
My phone hangs at Huawei logo after a full wipe and a clean install. I'm on 2030 baseband and have officially unlocked bootloader. Restoring Slim v13...

Edit: After another download and reinstall everything is OK. Will report back how it performs.

Edited by Buffalo Soldier, 10 September 2013 - 01:27 PM.

DarioGTI

DarioGTI

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
I am using this ROM for about 9-10hours. I installed all my usual apps (cca 20 apps), and the ROM is still very quick. Before this ROM, I was on CM10.2, but the CM simply is not for me, I can't get used to it. This "slim" ROM is excellent - simple, quick, easy to use. After all installed apps, I still have about 120-150Mb of RAM free, still no laggs! Awesome!

After flashing the ROM, I had a problem with Google Market - I constantly got the error 492 when I tryed to install any application. Then I rebooted the phone to Recovery, I did all wipes except data wipe. The I turned the phone on, turned on wi-fi, log in with google account, opened Google play, agreed the License terms, and then I let the phone for 40mins doing nothing. In the meantime the phone updated Google Market to the new version, and everything worked OK, there was no error anymore.

I just have a question about the ROM -
- somebody already asked - how to turn on the "quick toggle menu" for Wi-fi, bluetooth, GPS, 3G, auto-rotation ?

Thanks!

Huawei Ascend G300 U8815 (03/2013): stock GB -> stock ICS -> ICS slim v13 -> CM10.2 Dazz -> GB Slim V7

Dovahpig

Dovahpig

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Devices:Telenor Touch Plus
You need to do full wipe before flashing. Toggles are ON by default.

Edited by Dovahpig, 11 September 2013 - 04:53 AM.

Buffalo Soldier

Buffalo Soldier

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
OK, so this rom is really fast and smooth, definitely much more free ram then on ICS, but among all other things that I miss, like full screen caller ID, customisable toggles, Nova launcher etc. I really can't use this rom because it has no tun.ko module, that I need to connect to vpn at work. :(

radek666

radek666

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

You need to do full wipe before flashing. Toggles are ON by default.

I flashed this rom twice with full wipes and all and still no Toggles (the ones that you can see after scrolling down the status bar) unless the ones that you have in mind are in a form of a widget but I dont want them like that.

I'll just ask again. Does anyone have a stock battery for this rom without percentage showing? The same as on the screenshot that was provided earlier?

Dovahpig

Dovahpig

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

I flashed this rom twice with full wipes and all and still no Toggles (the ones that you can see after scrolling down the status bar) unless the ones that you have in mind are in a form of a widget but I dont want them like that.

Toggles are there mate, heres a screenshot for ya

Attached Files

radek666

radek666

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Hmmm I'll try to redownload the ROM again and flash it again.

Just tell me what's the order of doing wipes?

I do dalvik cache wipe 1st, then data/factory reset and then cache partition flash.

Should be OK with this order?

PS What about the battery icon? I saw that you were the one who posted the screenshot with this nice green battery indicator with no percentage in it :)

Edited by radek666, 11 September 2013 - 07:05 AM.

Dovahpig

Dovahpig

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
Wipe data/ factory reset
Wipe dalvik cache
Format system
Install rom from zip
Reboot

Thats how i do it.

About percentage i dont know, i like it the way it is, and that screenshot was from the stock.huawei g300 just without changed battery indicator :P

Edited by Dovahpig, 11 September 2013 - 12:24 PM.

denzele

denzele

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300- Ascend P1
Where the hack this comes from? :D 265mb + free ram ...mate this rom is a killer...for playing games this should work as a charm...
Now the only thing is that bugs me is getting used to GB again..at the moment back on Slim ICS and only 140 mb free ram.. <_<
Ah well I guess this phone is designed to work the best on GB instead of ICS.

Dovahpig

Dovahpig

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
Try LauncherPro and some cool wallpaper from Zedge aplication and it will look great and slick as ICS :)
This is the best rom for gaming i agree.

rob4x4

rob4x4

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4,Tesco Hudl
Holo Launcher is a good one to use if you want ICS looks on GB. I'm running it at the moment on this rom and everything is fast. They also do Holo Locker too which gives you an ICS style lock screen.

https://play.google....nt.hololauncher

plewis1981

plewis1981

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Interests:Technoligy, F1 and Cycling
  • Devices:Moto G
  • Twitter:@plewis1981
I use widgitlocker for a JB style lockscreen, Notification toggles for custom toggles and holo launcher.

Very nice rom the only issue I am having is that the back button is very sensertive, pressing to go back a page usually ends up closing the app is there any way to change the sensertivity settings for this?

Edited by plewis1981, 11 September 2013 - 02:04 PM.

Nobody is perfect, I am nobody, therefore I am perfect :)

If I have helped you PLEASE Press the +1 button
and don't forget to push the Dev's +1 buttons to.

denzele

denzele

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300- Ascend P1
Now what about battery life? Should be good I guess . If battery lasts as long as is now on slim rom ICS then I'm thinking about switch for sure .

Edited by denzele, 11 September 2013 - 02:17 PM.

Dovahpig

Dovahpig

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
My battery is doubled compared to ics slim.

dinamo1975

dinamo1975

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
...it's possible to have stock battery icons on this GB Slim?

DarioGTI

DarioGTI

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

I just have a question about the ROM -
- somebody already asked - how to turn on the "quick toggle menu" for Wi-fi, bluetooth, GPS, 3G, auto-rotation ?

Wipe data/ factory reset, Wipe dalvik cache, Format system, Install rom from zip, Reboot

It worked! Thanks!

Now what about battery life? Should be good I guess . If battery lasts as long as is now on slim rom ICS then I'm thinking about switch for sure .

I was 2-3 weeks on the Slim ICS v13, I'm pretty shure that the battery life on this GB Slim v7 ROM is about 20-30% better.

Huawei Ascend G300 U8815 (03/2013): stock GB -> stock ICS -> ICS slim v13 -> CM10.2 Dazz -> GB Slim V7

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,164 posts
  • Devices:Haier W910, Coolpad F1 8297W
2-3 WEEKS battery life?!?! Is that a typo and you mean DAYS? If not then what do you actually do with your phone...?!?!? :wacko:

radek666

radek666

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Wipe data/ factory reset
Wipe dalvik cache
Format system
Install rom from zip
Reboot

Thats how i do it.

About percentage i dont know, i like it the way it is, and that screenshot was from the stock.huawei g300 just without changed battery indicator :P

What do you mean about Formating the system?

I have no option like that in CWM

Ok, nvm. I just skipped that step and I have toggles anyway :)

So now I just need a battery indicator and it's gonna be great!

Edited by radek666, 11 September 2013 - 09:55 PM.

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,164 posts
  • Devices:Haier W910, Coolpad F1 8297W

What do you mean about Formating the system?

I have no option like that in CWM

CWM [6.0.2.7] > Mounts and storage > format /system

DarioGTI

DarioGTI

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

2-3 WEEKS battery life?!?! Is that a typo and you mean DAYS? If not then what do you actually do with your phone...?!?!? :wacko:

Not 2-3 weeks of battery life, I was using the Ics slim ROM for 2-3 weeks. The battery survived for about 1 day with quite moderate using, 1.5 days normal use, or 2 days with minimum use.
On this GB slim ROM the battery seems to have even better life than on Ics slim. After at least one week of using this Rom, I will have more info about the battery life with this Rom.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users