this is a CyanogenMod 10.2 based ROM for ZTE V9 - the resistive screen model. NOTE this is NOT an official CyanogenMod rom. it is likely to have bugs and be incomplete and to eat all your data. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. having said that, it seems stable and fast and better than cm10.1 in every way. this is the rom I use daily.
Screenshot_2013-09-11-18-20-18.png 80.45KB 71 downloads Screenshot_2013-09-11-19-02-18.png 79.85KB 60 downloads
cm-10.2-20131226-PenguinKANG-v9.zip (goo.gl/Tg1kuF) from mega or goo.gl/HU3nHU from yandex.
get gapps from KonstaT's 4.3 blade thread here (gapps link is in the first post).
use this ClockworkMod Recovery which uses the home/menu/back touch screen buttons.
the download site mega has significant cpu and memory usage, so downloading the rom directly to your v9 is unlikely to work. download to a PC and then transfer the rom zip to the v9's sdcard.
the yandex link is plain http and stands a good chance of downloading directly to a v9.
NOTE: no matter what the source - always check that the md5sum is correct!
boot to CWM, backup, format /system, install the rom, install gapps
- backup all your v9 including /data and /sd-ext before trying this rom. it is highly likely that things will break if you flip back and forward between cm10.1 and cm10.2 using the same /data.
- you will need >190MB in /system to flash this rom (my .au Optus v9 has 220MB), and initial boot will take ~5mins
- this ROM is for the resistive screen V9's only - capacitive V9c touch screens won't work.
- there is not enough space in a 220MB /system partition for both gapps and Focal (~25MB) so Focal is not included. it doesn't really work anyway.
- as with all cm10.2 updates from previous versions, the phone shortcut will break. delete it and copy in a new one from apps
- if you are booting to a non-wiped /data then android will restart some services (including surfaceflinger) to complete the update and adb will stop working too. reboot the phone to fix adb.
- phone, sms, screen, etc.
- bluetooth (seems better than 10.1?)
- wifi tethering
- sometimes wifi doesn't set the default route the first time after boot - just turn wifi off and on again
- the maps view in eg. Maps and MyTracks sometimes flickers and jumps annoyingly.
- SELinux (will never work because of the ar6000.ko binary wifi/bt blob)
- Focal (never really worked and cm have removed it now anyway)
Noticable changes from cm10.1
- everything feels a bit faster?! I'm as shocked as you are...
- movie preview images work
- CM Account - ie. remote device locate and wipe
- Security->App ops where you can see what your apps are up to (also available as Security->PrivacyGuard->Advanced)
- early bootanim not distorted
- live wallpapers work
- all other android 4.3 and cm10.2 bugfixes, etc.
- this rom is now based mostly on androidarmv6 repos
Minor Issues that affect all ARMv6 ports
- AOSP keyboard gesture typing doesn't (won't ever) work
- voice search from the google search app doesn't work. Voice search from browser is ok
suggestions and patches are welcome for all the above issues!!
Linking to and Mirroring this rom
it's both useful and fun for me to be able to see rom download stats. I get to see which roms are popular and where most of my users are. that helps me to focus my work where it does the most good.
- If you want to link to this rom from another forum then link to this post. please do not post other "more direct" links.
- if you want to setup a mirror of the above rom then that's ok, but please only do it via a goo.gl link that you tell me about. ie. mirror, setup a goo.gl link to the mirror rom (or ask me to generate one for you), publish the goo.gl download link (along with a link to this post), and then send me the goo.gl url. thanks. if the mirrored file link is cryptographically unique (so it can't be trojan'd later) then I'm also happy to publish it as an "official" alternate download link.
- all sources and instructions are on my github
- refresh upstream to cm10.2 final (android 4.3.1)
- includes whisperpush for secure SMS
- I ported llvm/libbcc/RenderScript etc. to armv6
- so LiveWallpapers now work (which makes me happy, but possibly nobody else cares)
- fixed texture corruption in standard LiveWallpapers
- forced hardware graphics - not sure if this is a slight win or loss.
- refreshed CM from upstream
- fixed early bootanimation distortion
- upstream update to Android 4.3.1
- fixed FM
- included Effem
- fixed wifi tethering
- CyanogenMod fixed DeviceParts
- built with gcc 4.8
20130910 - initial release
- the usual patches for electronbeam rotation, faster wifi reconnect, gesture keyboard crash, ...
- fix armv6 alignment that was crashing com.android.phone
- fix ath6k wifi module load sleep required before scanning
- fix crash when selinux disabled
- change build to use mostly androidarmv6 upstream
Many thanks to all those working on CyanogenMod and armv6 and especially to the androidarmv6 folks and to KonstaT, legaCyMod
Edited by PlaguedByPenguins, 31 December 2013 - 02:45 AM.