Huawei Ascend A199

Guest AREK28

Dear all,

Sorry if i have missplaced this topic, i tried to look for my Huawei's phone model but i couldn't find it, i read somewhere on the web that the A199 is very similar to the G710, so i thought i would post this here...

I purchased my A199 from AliExpress and supplier confirmed to me that the phone is unlocked and I can use my phone provider SIM cards for this dual CDMA/GSM phone...

When it arrived, i found that only the GSM works, the phone won't ready my CDMA card despite having the same 800 Mhz (CDMA2000) frequency, i read that i need a custom ROM in order to by pass the CDMA SIM lock to China Telecom, so i tried searching the net and i found some ROM files for the A199 from: http://www.shuajizhi...om/huawei/a199/

My phone now ended up in a boot loop, i have tried to download the official UPDATE.APP file from the Huawei support site download it into the dload\ folder, but it wouldn't start the flash...

Can anybody offer any advice to this issue? How can I flash my phone with the official ROM and how can i activate the CDMA on the phone to accept other provider's SIM?

Thanks in advance...

post-1025013-0-48256900-1378874421_thumb

post-1025013-0-87509900-1378874459_thumb

post-1025013-0-76110900-1378874496_thumb

post-1025013-0-35138200-1378874527_thumb

Guest nickerpmg

I had this same thing happen to me when I tried flashing one of these Chinese custom roms yesterday. My phone would constantly restart (even if i went into recovery mode, it would shut off after 20-30 seconds).

If this is your case, here's what you can try:

I put the official Huawei dload/update.app on my SD card.

I also downloaded this rom http://www.shuajizhi...awei/a199/1553/ (with an idea to just try and flash each of them one after another).

Pulled the battery out and put it back in.

Turned the phone back up holding Vol- button (I think it takes it to fastboot). at this point it stopped restarting and was stuck showing the startup logo.

I plugged it into my computer (it got recognized as a USB device) and ran flash_all file from the miui_a199_3.8.6 folder (the chinese custom rom I downloaded).

The prompts were unreadable, I just pressed 1 and Enter a couple of times. It went to a different (red) terminal window and started flashing files.

After it did, the phone restarted again and went into HUAWEI USB&SDCARD UPDATE (unexpectedly to me) and pulled out the official Huawei update from the SD card.

After it booted into the official Rom I flashed the Miui again. It has no Chinese apps and Play store works fine + a good english interface. Haven't had a chance to try another CDMA card (I live in China) but the description says it should be working with other providers (not only China Telecom)

I'm new to this so the chain of events may seem weird, but hope it helps.

Edited by nickerpmg

I had this same thing happen to me when I tried flashing one of these Chinese custom roms yesterday. My phone would constantly restart (even if i went into recovery mode, it would shut off after 20-30 seconds).

If this is your case, here's what you can try:

I put the official Huawei dload/update.app on my SD card.

I also downloaded this rom http://www.shuajizhi...awei/a199/1553/ (with an idea to just try and flash each of them one after another).

Pulled the battery out and put it back in.

Turned the phone back up holding Vol- button (I think it takes it to fastboot). at this point it stopped restarting and was stuck showing the startup logo.

I plugged it into my computer (it got recognized as a USB device) and ran flash_all file from the miui_a199_3.8.6 folder (the chinese custom rom I downloaded).

The prompts were unreadable, I just pressed 1 and Enter a couple of times. It went to a different (red) terminal window and started flashing files.

After it did, the phone restarted again and went into HUAWEI USB&SDCARD UPDATE (unexpectedly to me) and pulled out the official Huawei update from the SD card.

After it booted into the official Rom I flashed the Miui again. It has no Chinese apps and Play store works fine + a good english interface. Haven't had a chance to try another CDMA card (I live in China) but the description says it should be working with other providers (not only China Telecom)

I'm new to this so the chain of events may seem weird, but hope it helps.

Hey Nick, thanks for your advice, I already tried that ROM but it doesn't detect the CDMA SIM i have.. i'm not sure why... perhaps i need to root my phone first?