Photo

Is it possible? Choosing your video player to watch videos online.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

worg3

worg3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
So, i usually watch an enormous amount of videos online, on websites besides youtube.
Many browsers use their own player to play these videos, or use the default phone player. So Im wondering if its possible to somehow change this option, and make it prompt me which player to run.
I can do this on Baidu Browser. But not on anything else.
I actually think this is possible on other browsers but not sure how to do it, as my main browser is Dolphin, and its kind of annoying to switch browsers just to watch videos using my Mx Player.

Thanks.

hippy dave

hippy dave

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Devices:G300, Hudl
Yeah dolphin doesn't seem to give the option of which app to use to open things. I hope someone knows a way to change that?

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts
  • Devices:Haier W910, Coolpad F1 8297W

akarana

akarana

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300 ics
It depends on the web page. The server will know from the initial query what Operating System and Browser you have, and what they can do. The page will then download, typically a javascript player for Flash video, or more often nowadays nothing if your browser plays the mobile format html5. They (the website operators) believe they know what's best for you ... Firefox used to have a choice of what app do you want to use, but after you decide the first time you are stuck with that choice forever, unless you purge FF's settings.

worg3

worg3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300

Anything useful here?

http://forums.androi...eo-browser.html

I read that long time ago, nothing useful there. Just that Baidu Browser is the only one browser that I tested that prompts me.

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts
  • Devices:Haier W910, Coolpad F1 8297W

but after you decide the first time you are stuck with that choice forever, unless you purge FF's settings.

You mean in Tools > Options > Applications (in FF 23.0.1 on Windows anyway)?

george109

george109

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,105 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Tech and Canoeing
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S4 - GT-I9505
Sone sites let you use a really old mobile version, where they stream content to the media player (for really old feature phones). Try searching Google for the mobile version of the sites that you use.

Hello. I have an S4 now, and I hardly ever use MoDaCo now. 

Therefore you will receive no replies to any PMs

Please post in the forum instead. You will get more help there :)

:excl:A WARNING TO ALL G300 OWNERS! Please Read! (The Flash Memory Problem!) :excl:

Tutorial: How To (Officially) Unlock Your Bootloader! (The long way, but which definitely works)

Please, Do not use the HuaweiG300.com Tutorial on how to unlock your bootloader, it is better to unlock it officially with my tutorial!

Spoiler

My Device:

Huawei Ascend G300 (U8815) - Sold!

Samsung Galaxy S4 (Black) - The LTE Version - GT-I9505

(Ignore the links above (if there is one). It's a skimwords (advertising) link and nothing to do with me!)

The ROMS I have used:

Spoiler

Download Blink, a great app that controls the status LED on the G300!

Wait for 5 seconds and then click skip ad! Do not download anything in the ad window, that is not the app!

Did I help you?

If I did, Please press the rep_up1.png button, in the bottom right hand corner of my posts.

(If not, Press it anyway!)

If I really helped you, you could also donate to me. Thanks!  :) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users