[GB] B895-SuperSlim-V1

Guest Dovahpig

Guest Buffalo Soldier

Dovahpig, could you please add something like this to this rom: http://www.modaco.com/topic/356194-additional-kernel-modules-cifsko-and-tunko/?hl=%20tun%20%20module

Edit: I did it with RootExplorer, I just have one more problem, Titanium Backup is just not working, I wonder why...

Edited by Buffalo Soldier

A minor issue but I'm curious, animations tend to stutter a bit when opening apps, like when I'm on the main screen and I hit the messaging app, it stutters for a moment. It's nothing rom breaking, but still if there's any way to fix this I'd love to know it, think it's the only rom where this happens, regardless of the launcher I'm using.

Yeah so to speak, it's not a big problem but coming from CM7 and AtomicMod with GO Launcher where animations are super-smooth, it's pretty noticeable. It's the animation itself I believe, it stops for a moment midway through and then resumes, 100% sure it happens on the main screen at least.

Guest george109

Yeah so to speak, it's not a big problem but coming from CM7 and AtomicMod with GO Launcher where animations are super-smooth, it's pretty noticeable. It's the animation itself I believe, it stops for a moment midway through and then resumes, 100% sure it happens on the main screen at least.

Have you disabled scrolling cache in settings?

How would I do that? There's no developer optiosn as far as I can see.

edit: well quite honestly, I think it's the animations themselves that are set up like that, wherever that zooming in animation is present it behaves like that, unlike those fading ones present in a lot of roms. If this is the case, there's not much to be done lol.

Edited by kupp

Guest dalyer

george: I can't see any "scrolling cache" option in settings either. Are you sure it exists on this ROM?

kupp: how is your Settings > Display settings > Animation option set? Mine was defaulted to None and I like it like that. I wonder if yours is set to Some or All and that's what you're seeing? 

I really don't see much if any lag with this ROM I have to say...

george: I can't see any "scrolling cache" option in settings either. Are you sure it exists on this ROM?

kupp: how is your Settings > Display settings > Animation option set? Mine was defaulted to None and I like it like that. I wonder if yours is set to Some or All and that's what you're seeing? 

I really don't see much if any lag with this ROM I have to say...

They're on like they're supposed to. It's not lag per se, but whatever, don't think anything can be done about it other than changing the animations themselves (something I'd love to do if there's some way).

Guest dalyer

They're on like they're supposed to. It's not lag per se, but whatever, don't think anything can be done about it other than changing the animations themselves (something I'd love to do if there's some way).

What do you mean by "they're on like they're supposed to"? 

From the time that I installed this ROM from scratch they were off by default.

I just tried them on (some and all options) and didn't like them - I prefer this ROM with no animations.

What do you mean by "they're on like they're supposed to"? 

From the time that I installed this ROM from scratch they were off by default.

I just tried them on (some and all options) and didn't like them - I prefer this ROM with no animations.

Like they're supposed to according to my tastes :P I want animations, just not the ones included in the stock GB rom (and therefore, superslim), which seems to be the root of "problem" to me, that's all. However don't think this is something dovahpig can help me out with...

Edited by kupp

Didn't help, but I found out a way around it, used this online kitchen to get halfway there and enabled ICS animations instead of the ones that come with this rom. They're not exactly the ones I wanted, but it's a lot better now! Reckon that if I lose some time looking for other kitchens I might find the ones I wanted (crossfaded, I believe?). More than that, I had no idea this tool existed, and it's enabling me to tweak the aesthetic of the roms I use a bit more, I'm happy. :D

http://uot.dakra.lt/

Guest dalyer

No. Just flash it as per the instructions in the first post here (and in the original GB slim-v7 thread).

I just did the downgrade because it suited me to downgrade to the GB baseband and bootloader when going to slim.

Guest Dovahpig

Didn't help, but I found out a way around it, used this online kitchen to get halfway there and enabled ICS animations instead of the ones that come with this rom. They're not exactly the ones I wanted, but it's a lot better now! Reckon that if I lose some time looking for other kitchens I might find the ones I wanted (crossfaded, I believe?). More than that, I had no idea this tool existed, and it's enabling me to tweak the aesthetic of the roms I use a bit more, I'm happy. :D

http://uot.dakra.lt/

Thats a really good find :)

Guest ptoner

Completed this last night without issue. Thanks Dayler for the advice and Dovahpig for creating this super stripped down version of SLIM.

Can't overclock though. Should I have downgraded in order to do that maybe?

Is it even worth it?

Edited by ptoner

Guest Dovahpig

You need to downgrade if you want overclock. I tryed OC, in games you can see some speed improvement but in browsing and other stuff its the same. So if you dont play games you dont need to overclock.

Edited by Dovahpig

Guest dalyer

Can't overclock though. Should I have downgraded in order to do that maybe?

Is it even worth it?

First post :) But as Dovahpig says it's probably not worth overclocking unless you are gaming...

- Includes kra1o5 Ouch kernel, with which you can overclock (only on baseband 109808).

Guest ptoner

Sound advice, thanks again Dovahpig & Dayler.

It will stay as it is then, my phone has been passed onto the missus, she was complaining about the slow down lag in ICS SLIM ROM v13. When typing or using Facebook.

So read that lag is practically non existent in this ROM, so decided to give her a better experience, rather than have a more recent OS.

She wont be gaming, just surfing Facebook etc an hell of a lot! :)

Edited by ptoner

Guest dalyer

superslim has given mine a new lease of life and I will also be passing it onto my other half as soon as I get my Haier W910 out of the box and set up... :-)

Guest ptoner

I also upgraded... I went for the Sony xperia Z1.

Really got great value out of the G300 for a year and hope that she does for the next year!

She struggles with thechnology and is having a struggle changing from ICS to GB. She will get used to it soon enough though!

Edited by ptoner