• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

kekoo81

kekoo81

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:huawei

And stock b985 is working fine with arabic characters?

Yes warking fine with Arabic

kupp

kupp

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300

Any way to restore the battery icon to it's default appearance, or any other? I really hate the look of that dotted circle, it's a small detail but for some reason it really messes with me... Surely there's got to be a flashable .zip file or SOMETHING around?

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300, Haier W910

When I installed superslim-v1 I had a "barchart" + percentage battery display.

I flashed the circle battery mod from here

http://www.modaco.co...-multibaseband/

and now I have a solid circle with percentage in the middle.

Where did you get the dotted circle one from?

A few people have asked for different battery icons in this and the original GB slim thread. Looks like it's difficult to keep all of the people happy all of the time?! :D

Edited by dalyer, 25 September 2013 - 10:17 PM.

kupp

kupp

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

My mistake, I was going through a bunch of roms and mixed up that one. But thank you anyway, wasn't a big fan of the percentage + bar either :P

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Does this ROM (or the bundled kernel?) come with init.d support?

If so then I presume that link2int will work?
If not then can I install init.d support (e.g. via Pimp My ROM) so that link2int will work?

Thanks a lot.

Edit: PS - running this ROM for a couple of days now and I really like it. When I originally got my G300 I immediately updated to ICS before playing with different ICS and JB ROMs. But this is the first one that I've used that is actually really smooth/snappy and not irritating to use (unless you really can't live without the ICS/JB extra bells and whistles). I guess that (as suggested elsewhere) GB just "fits" better with this phone?

Edited by dalyer, 26 September 2013 - 11:03 PM.

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts
I found that my battery life was about the same as or a bit less than Stock+ ICS but I think that Settings > Location & security > My Location > Use wireless networks and the MS Outlook.com/Hotmail app were draining it based on what Better Battery Stats and Wakelock Detector were telling me. I've disabled/uninstalled these and the battery drain seems better. I still need to investigate some other wakelocks and alarms reported by Better Battery Stats to see if there are other drains that can be avoided.

nxkealen

nxkealen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Devices:huawei ascend g300

Is there any  overclockable kernel for this rom on 2030 baseband ? And do i need it at all ? I don't play games a lot , only browsing and social media, i'm looking for great battery life ?

george109

george109

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts
  • Interests:Burning up my G300, (and my hands!) by overclocking it and leaving cookie clickers open for 12 hours while leaving it on charge!
    Technology in general, biking and canoeing.
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S4 - GT-I9505

Is there any  overclockable kernel for this rom on 2030 baseband ? And do i need it at all ? I don't play games a lot , only browsing and social media, i'm looking for great battery life ?

Use the Ouch kernel by Kra1o5 - http://www.modaco.co...b-v10-18032013/

I would not overclock if you do not game, it can increase performance, but not really for browsing and social media. I would use my settings which are:

Min 122

Max 1008 (This is the default for the g300 anyway)

Governor:

Perfomance - If you want performance, but battery life is not great.

SmartAss V2 - This is the best for good performance (but not as good as performance) and good battery life.

:excl:A WARNING TO ALL G300 OWNERS! Please Read! (The Flash Memory Problem!) :excl:

Tutorial: How To (Officially) Unlock Your Bootloader! (The long way, but which definitely works)

Please, Do not use the HuaweiG300.com Tutorial on how to unlock your bootloader, it is better to unlock it officially with my tutorial!

Hello. I am really busy at the moment, so if you PM me, or need help from me, don't expect a reply for a few days weeks months.

Using giffgaff? Well, switch to 3. Its better in every way!

Proof:

Spoiler

My Device:

Huawei Ascend G300 (U8815) - Sold!

Samsung Galaxy S4 (Black) - The LTE Version - GT-I9505

(Ignore the links above (if there is one). It's a skimwords (advertising) link and nothing to do with me!)

The ROMS I have used:

Spoiler

Download Blink, a great app that controls the status LED on the G300!

Wait for 5 seconds and then click skip ad! Do not download anything in the ad window, that is not the app!

Did I help you?

If I did, Please press the rep_up1.png button, in the bottom right hand corner of my posts.

(If not, Press it anyway!)

If I really helped you, you could also donate to me. Thanks!  :) 

nxkealen

nxkealen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Devices:huawei ascend g300

Great ,thank you George109

Dovahpig

Dovahpig

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Devices:Telenor Touch Plus
This rom already includes ouch kernel. Read the first post.

Buffalo Soldier

Buffalo Soldier

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Dovahpig, could you please add something like this to this rom: http://www.modaco.co...hl= tun module

Edit: I did it with RootExplorer, I just have one more problem, Titanium Backup is just not working, I wonder why...

Edited by Buffalo Soldier, 01 October 2013 - 08:24 PM.

kupp

kupp

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

A minor issue but I'm curious, animations tend to stutter a bit when opening apps, like when I'm on the main screen and I hit the messaging app, it stutters for a moment. It's nothing rom breaking, but still if there's any way to fix this I'd love to know it, think it's the only rom where this happens, regardless of the launcher I'm using.

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

When you say "stutter" do you mean "lag"? 

Haven't seen anything like that myself. 

kupp

kupp

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Yeah so to speak, it's not a big problem but coming from CM7 and AtomicMod with GO Launcher where animations are super-smooth, it's pretty noticeable. It's the animation itself I believe, it stops for a moment midway through and then resumes, 100% sure it happens on the main screen at least.

george109

george109

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts
  • Interests:Burning up my G300, (and my hands!) by overclocking it and leaving cookie clickers open for 12 hours while leaving it on charge!
    Technology in general, biking and canoeing.
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S4 - GT-I9505

Yeah so to speak, it's not a big problem but coming from CM7 and AtomicMod with GO Launcher where animations are super-smooth, it's pretty noticeable. It's the animation itself I believe, it stops for a moment midway through and then resumes, 100% sure it happens on the main screen at least.

Have you disabled scrolling cache in settings?

:excl:A WARNING TO ALL G300 OWNERS! Please Read! (The Flash Memory Problem!) :excl:

Tutorial: How To (Officially) Unlock Your Bootloader! (The long way, but which definitely works)

Please, Do not use the HuaweiG300.com Tutorial on how to unlock your bootloader, it is better to unlock it officially with my tutorial!

Hello. I am really busy at the moment, so if you PM me, or need help from me, don't expect a reply for a few days weeks months.

Using giffgaff? Well, switch to 3. Its better in every way!

Proof:

Spoiler

My Device:

Huawei Ascend G300 (U8815) - Sold!

Samsung Galaxy S4 (Black) - The LTE Version - GT-I9505

(Ignore the links above (if there is one). It's a skimwords (advertising) link and nothing to do with me!)

The ROMS I have used:

Spoiler

Download Blink, a great app that controls the status LED on the G300!

Wait for 5 seconds and then click skip ad! Do not download anything in the ad window, that is not the app!

Did I help you?

If I did, Please press the rep_up1.png button, in the bottom right hand corner of my posts.

(If not, Press it anyway!)

If I really helped you, you could also donate to me. Thanks!  :) 

kupp

kupp

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

How would I do that? There's no developer optiosn as far as I can see.

edit: well quite honestly, I think it's the animations themselves that are set up like that, wherever that zooming in animation is present it behaves like that, unlike those fading ones present in a lot of roms. If this is the case, there's not much to be done lol.

Edited by kupp, 01 October 2013 - 09:08 PM.

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

george: I can't see any "scrolling cache" option in settings either. Are you sure it exists on this ROM?

kupp: how is your Settings > Display settings > Animation option set? Mine was defaulted to None and I like it like that. I wonder if yours is set to Some or All and that's what you're seeing? 

I really don't see much if any lag with this ROM I have to say...

kupp

kupp

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

george: I can't see any "scrolling cache" option in settings either. Are you sure it exists on this ROM?

kupp: how is your Settings > Display settings > Animation option set? Mine was defaulted to None and I like it like that. I wonder if yours is set to Some or All and that's what you're seeing? 

I really don't see much if any lag with this ROM I have to say...

They're on like they're supposed to. It's not lag per se, but whatever, don't think anything can be done about it other than changing the animations themselves (something I'd love to do if there's some way).

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

They're on like they're supposed to. It's not lag per se, but whatever, don't think anything can be done about it other than changing the animations themselves (something I'd love to do if there's some way).

What do you mean by "they're on like they're supposed to"? 

From the time that I installed this ROM from scratch they were off by default.

I just tried them on (some and all options) and didn't like them - I prefer this ROM with no animations.

kupp

kupp

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

What do you mean by "they're on like they're supposed to"? 

From the time that I installed this ROM from scratch they were off by default.

I just tried them on (some and all options) and didn't like them - I prefer this ROM with no animations.

Like they're supposed to according to my tastes :P I want animations, just not the ones included in the stock GB rom (and therefore, superslim), which seems to be the root of "problem" to me, that's all. However don't think this is something dovahpig can help me out with...

Edited by kupp, 01 October 2013 - 11:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users