2 replies to this topic

SrLex

SrLex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:huawei ascend y300
Well,

I was browsing the internet since I had nothin' else to do in this crappy weather and came acros this ;

What do you think ?

Posted Image

maniac_mouse

maniac_mouse

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Note 2, Tab3 10.1
I like the idea, but i dont think it will scale to new technology very well. Phones and components are getting smaller and thinner all the time whereas this concept will always be the same form factor, something i dont think many people would find desirable over the course of a few years (imagine carting round a bulky smartphone from 2008 now). Also, its pretty much stuck with one screen size. It would also get battered and weathered over time and the whole thing would probably want replacing after 2 years or so of use anyway.
Dont get me wrong, the idea of upgrading the unit like a pc is very cool, but i really dont think the average (non-technical) smartphone buyer will want to go to the effort to do so, they would be more likely to just buy a new handset.

Device History: Samsung Tocco Lite (retired) , Blackberry Storm 2 (retired), Zte Blade (sold), Htc Desire (retired), Samsung Galaxy Note (retired), Kindle Fire HD 7` (retired), Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (current), Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1' (current)

SrLex

SrLex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:huawei ascend y300
True, but at least it would be a solution to reduce the waste in the world...

Edited by SrLex, 14 September 2013 - 07:39 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users