Keeping Apps fully running...in the background

Guest CDS1058

Hi hope that someone can help me reconfigure the correct file..

I want to have a navigation app running full time on my G300 AOKP Rom as it is on car power.

I am using Co-Pilot GPS fully paid and Car home Ultra.

Problem is that everytime I switch to music player to choose another album to listen to and then back to Co-pilot, the app restarts and I have to input the destination again.

I found some details about this but only regarding iOS.

Guest bladebuddy

Download any app/script that letsyou lock apps in memory Ann launcher v6 supercharger comes to mind but Iranian good one jelly bean there are numerous launchers that let you do the same google is your friend j:lol:

hi

As I am relatively new to all this i read through the V6 stuff and thought that I would try it. I have come unstuck because I cannot get past the point of installing the patch for the services as the link is broken and any other patch that i can find is not compatible or does not do anything. This is the guide that I followed but the link for the patch opens a blank page.

[GUIDE] V6 Supercharger Install – All ROMs – Kill Lag, Increase Speed

Credit goes to Zeppelinrox, a user over on XDA who made V6 Supercharger. You can find his official thread here.

I therefore tried another patch V6_SuperCharger_for_Android-Update9_RC12-BlackDog-63457_Fix.sh.pdf - [Click for QR Code]

but could not get this to mount when getting to the part about the patch...

Are there any other alternatives i can try?

Guest lejkabasz

Try this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ccc71.pmw or similar apps which have "white list".

Did u try tasker?

Check dev option, maybe "4 process" is selected?

Also u can try Rom which support zRam, CM ie and use some tweaks to prevent auto run the apps and/or slim them when they running of unneeded process. For example Autostarts/ Disable services (I use both of them and multitasking work grand).

Thanks for reply Looking at systuner now. trying to understand it........

looked into developer options and background process limit is set to "Standard limit" Should I change this? I have not changed any settings from standard in this section....

Don't keep activities is also unchecked in fact all option are un ticked except for USB debug USB debug notify and verify apps over usb

Any pointers as to what I need to look at/change in Systuner to change navigation app so it is fully running in the background. I want this app to behave just like the music players do.

Thanks

Systuner looks impressive and complicated!!! for a total newb like me but I will read through it.

Guest lejkabasz

I don't have a clue how to Systuner works mate, just found it on GP after I read yr post.

But I have easier solution for you. Just set playlist with all your songs and you will not have to switch between apps.

;)

That would work except that the carhome software allows for next pause and previous on tracks playing and if I use on of these, again I would have the same problem. As this software has large buttons it is easier to use whilst driving and safer too!!!

THAT WAS JUST THE TICKET.... great job. now I can change from navigation system to player with 1 touch..

thank you... :)

The screen also matches the interior lighting when night driving and voice instructions come over the music loud and clear. A great set up which cost me less that £20.00 to do. but quite a few hours of reading up on things.

i just need to sort out the bluetooth quality on this Rom and I will be all set to go. :D