Photo

Factory Reset my Y300 - Now bricked?! Help!

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

insurgente

insurgente

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
progress! Clark (and everyone else)... you're a genius. thanks!

so from 'black mode' I logged in to my Wi-Fi (as it's just got some rubbish old SIM in it...dont want to turn it off again.). Logged in to my Google account (foolishly didnt do that before) and some 'app updates' popped up.... dragging those down, I entered the Play Store and managed to download Nova Launcher

So it's looking good and functional right now :D. Anyway to download the original Huawei Launcher? Or to prevent this happening again? Now I just need to log out of my Google account and sell it...... No way I dare doing another factory reset

I want to sell it at CeX, but will it be enough to use it in front of them, to PROVE it works before they test it and somehow destroy it again?

ZolaIII

ZolaIII

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Y300-100

Voxpop2011

Voxpop2011

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Devices:Vodafone Smart 4 mini
No way I dare doing another factory reset

I want to sell it at CeX, but will it be enough to use it in front of them, to PROVE it works before they test it and somehow destroy it again?

CeX will require you to leave it for testing.  Don't say ANYTHING and you might get away with it.  Despite testing, CeX bought two phones from me, one of which was rooted and the other had broken wi-fi and MAC addresses.

Due to a terrible miscalculation of scale the entire battle fleet was accidentally swallowed by a small dog. [Hitchhiker's guide to the gallery: Douglas Adams]

Badinternet.jpg

insurgente

insurgente

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

I'm sure I've left a rooted phone (with custom ROM) with Cex before and they offered to buy it. Just I got a better deal on ebay so turned it down

I'm more concerned they'll test it again and return it to me broken

Voxpop2011

Voxpop2011

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Do you really want to take that risk?  Sell it elsewhere if you can.

Due to a terrible miscalculation of scale the entire battle fleet was accidentally swallowed by a small dog. [Hitchhiker's guide to the gallery: Douglas Adams]

Badinternet.jpg

insurgente

insurgente

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
Not sure what other easy options I have. Ebay is too much hassle and fees. At least at CeX i can see online how much £££ I should be getting.

Zola is that the Huawei launcher? What's the best way to install it?

ZolaIII

ZolaIII

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts
Just copy it to system/app, change permission to rw-r-r (644) & reboot the phone. System will do the rest!

insurgente

insurgente

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

change permission to rw-r-r (644)

ach, sorry...what is this? somewhere in system settings? :/

ZolaIII

ZolaIII

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts

ach, sorry...what is this? somewhere in system settings? :/

For the file - on file!

insurgente

insurgente

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

thought I should fill in the final chapter here:

got it functional again.... CeX accepted it. Even gave me Grade A for it.

Success! Thanks to everyone for their help

danny19901

danny19901

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Interests:Modding, coding, hacking anything to do with computers or phones also jailbreaking love music like walking etc...
  • Devices:LG optimus 4X HD P880
  • Twitter:@danny19901
If you ever happen to brick y300 I would of recommended going in to bootloader unlock the bootloader flash recovery then flash stock or custom ROM :) and it should be fine also search y300 root Tumblr I got guide to root, unlock bootloader etc... Off there

Edited by danny19901, 16 October 2013 - 02:08 AM.

Voxpop2011

Voxpop2011

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

thought I should fill in the final chapter here:

got it functional again.... CeX accepted it. Even gave me Grade A for it.

Success! Thanks to everyone for their help

Result.  My local CeX has an A grade 16GB Blackberry Z10.  Very tempted to trade in both the G510 and my iPhone 4.  Decisions, decisions.

Badinternet.jpg

emljmnz

emljmnz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi. I have a rooted Huawei Y300 and just recently tried the Font installer *Root* app and installed a font. It asked my phone to reboot and I did, now it won't go pass the startup screen. What do can I do now? Help. Thanks.

SH3H1

SH3H1

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Devices:Xiaomi Redmi 1S

Hi. I have a rooted Huawei Y300 and just recently tried the Font installer *Root* app and installed a font. It asked my phone to reboot and I did, now it won't go pass the startup screen. What do can I do now? Help. Thanks.

Install CM or similar from CWM or TWRP

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users