Photo

[ROM] Huawei Ascend Y300-100 (B196) (V1.2Final - 5.10.2013)

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

antonynext

antonynext

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:Huawey Y300-0100

I just compared it to B194 and theres a lot of changes but many of them are just repacked jar or apk files. There are a few lib changes though.

Can anyone check if the ROM's still vulnerable to the master key exploits (8219321 & 9695860). You can check with this: https://play.google.....onerootscanner

I can see that they made some changes to core.jar that may address one or both of the exploits, but I can't be sure.

I have check at this time.. no vulnerability..

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,624 posts
That's great then as they've finally patched it :) So that's one of the changes. The rest may be optimizations and minor bug fixes.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

If you like my ROM's then please consider a donation. A lot of time and effort went into them. Thank you.

My blog website: codeshed.co.uk

kmau

kmau

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Y300-0100
@HEROS
Do you know how I can install the Android 4.2 clock in this ROM?

Edited by kmau, 16 September 2013 - 05:04 PM.

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,624 posts

@HEROS
Do you know how I can install the Android 4.2 clock in this ROM?

Flash this from recovery: http://d-h.st/OSk

With a little work it's also possible to get the AOSP messaging app working as well as full hardware acceleration. By default Huawei limits HWA.

Edited by H3ROS, 16 September 2013 - 05:44 PM.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

If you like my ROM's then please consider a donation. A lot of time and effort went into them. Thank you.

My blog website: codeshed.co.uk

Market88

Market88

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend y300
I did antutu test (the last antutu version ) with this rom, got 7331 with many apps installed like WhatsApp, voxer, Facebook messenger and pages manager and so on.. When I was with b174 I scored max around 6000,nice!

Edited by Market88, 16 September 2013 - 07:51 PM.

ako0

ako0

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
  • Devices:huawei ascend y300-0100
  • Twitter:@akoo0o

I did antutu test (the last antutu version ) with this rom, got 7331 with many apps installed like WhatsApp, voxer, Facebook messenger and pages manager and so on.. When I was with b174 I scored max around 6000,nice!

ppl were talking about around 8000 with b194, but i have to mention they were using custom Roms based on b194 with tweaks an stuff... so we can expect better than this also

Market88

Market88

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend y300

ppl were talking about around 8000 with b194, but i have to mention they were using custom Roms based on b194 with tweaks an stuff... so we can expect better than this also

I'm happy to hear it! ;)

ZolaIII

ZolaIII

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Y300-100

I got 7703 Antutu score & that's the biggest one on Y300 with B194 that I tweaked my self. It's nice that they poached security. What's the kernel revision on B196?

Clarkiieh

Clarkiieh

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend Y300
I hate downloading from mega. Urgh I'll give it a miss

ako0

ako0

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

I hate downloading from mega. Urgh I'll give it a miss

+1, i hate mega, when ever i see it i have to forget about the Rom, its my night mare !!!

@ZolaIII
sorry my bad i saw 8000 in a topic for g510, and i havn't test this Rom yet so have no idea

Edited by ako0, 17 September 2013 - 07:59 AM.

Laximus

Laximus

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Devices:Y300-0100

Flash this from recovery: http://d-h.st/OSk

With a little work it's also possible to get the AOSP messaging app working as well as full hardware acceleration. By default Huawei limits HWA.

Thanks, I flashed it, but when i try to set an alarm, its just quit with a message that the app has stoped.

Also there are constans messages that the app has stopped.

Do i have to do anything else after the flashing?

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

+1, i hate mega, when ever i see it i have to forget about the Rom, its my night mare !!!

Its very straightforward on a PC then copy over, or if you have to do it on your phone, download the Mega app, copy the mega.nz link and in teh mega app do open link, really simple.
I prefer other sites, but it`s not so hard its imposisble.

I'm saving up for a sofa so I can sit in the other room and tweak my phone without my wife nagging... thanks!

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts
Battery usage:
3 hours this morning, 1 hour intense use, 2 hours mainly standby, one of them on 3G, total usage 15%.

I'm saving up for a sofa so I can sit in the other room and tweak my phone without my wife nagging... thanks!

ako0

ako0

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Its very straightforward on a PC then copy over, or if you have to do it on your phone, download the Mega app, copy the mega.nz link and in teh mega app do open link, really simple.
I prefer other sites, but it`s not so hard its imposisble.

i live in a country with the lowest net speed on the planet earth, i mean Iran, my download speed is on 30 KB per second, downloading a Rom takes 5-6 hours and with mobile it takes more i guess so not possible,, plus my net disconnects several times per day and there is no resume button in mega and u cant use download managers for downloading from mega to get a better speed and resum capability.
Thanks any ways

Edited by ako0, 17 September 2013 - 09:56 AM.

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

i live in a country with the lowest net speed on the planet earth, i mean Iran, my download speed is on 30 KB per second, downloading a Rom takes 5-6 hours and with mobile it takes more i guess so not possible,, plus my net disconnects several times per day and there is no resume button in mega and u cant use download managers for downloading from mega to get a better speed and resum capability.
Thanks any ways

I can put it on dropbox or gdrive or somewhere for you and send you a private link - where is best?

ako0

ako0

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

I can put it on dropbox or gdrive or somewhere for you and send you a private link - where is best?

oh thanks a lot dude, its really kind of ya, but i'll just download tillaz's Rom, he rebased fusionx on b196 and its light, thanks again dont wanna bother you ;)

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

oh thanks a lot dude, its really kind of ya, but i'll just download tillaz's Rom, he rebased fusionx on b196 and its light, thanks again dont wanna bother you ;)

No problem. I'll try fusionx now, hadn;t seen the update.
I'm probably going to uninstall the xposed framework though - I think that it causes bugs and problems, and it's not worth the instability for a bit of eye candy.

ako0

ako0

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

No problem. I'll try fusionx now, hadn;t seen the update.
I'm probably going to uninstall the xposed framework though - I think that it causes bugs and problems, and it's not worth the instability for a bit of eye candy.

OTA doesnt work, still shows B05, he put a dl link tho
Fusionx B06: https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

Edited by ako0, 17 September 2013 - 10:55 AM.

Sigray

Sigray

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
Better than every other custom or stock rom. Rock stable.

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

OTA doesnt work, still shows B05, he put a dl link tho
Fusionx B06: https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

Just tried it.
FusionX is OK, not noticeably different in performance to this, and the Xposed framework is an unneccessary complication. Lets you do a few visual tweaks, but breaks more than it fixes in my experience, so I'm back on this for the time being. Take this rom, install your preferred launcher, uninstall any apps you don;t need, and it's a flyer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users