[DEV][ROM][11.10.] CyanogenMod 10.2 (Android 4.3.1)

Guest papars

I have created an Acqua oriented zip file that includes the wifi patch with some build.prop customization.
Zip is applied at CWM after you install the Blade III CM10.2 ROM found in this thread http://www.modaco.com/topic/364042-devrom1110-cyanogenmod-102-android-431/

The following lines are changed/added in build.prop

ro.product.model=Acqua
ro.product.locale.language=el
ro.product.locale.region=EU
ro.wifi.channels=14

persist.sys.timezone=Europe/Athens
ro.com.android.mobiledata=false

All the other lines are from the corresponding ROM.

I have also made a small zip with the TMN B06 partitions, from the latest official ROM. (Ask for it using PM).

All thanks go to KonstaT.

You can of course use KonstaT's Blade III -> Acqua customization found here http://www.modaco.com/topic/365741-rompatch-zte-blade-iii-zte-acqua-compatibility-for-all-roms/

cm-10.2-20131011a-wifi_and_build_prop_patch_Acqua_Greece.zip With front camera patch (see this http://www.modaco.com/topic/364042-devrom1110-cyanogenmod-102-android-431/page-16#entry2164648 )

Older versions:

cm-10.2-20131011-wifi_and_build_prop_patch_Acqua_Greece.zip

cm-10.2-20130921-wifi_and_build_prop_patch_Acqua_Greece.zip

Edited by papars

Guest SandStorm_RS

I think any host service like rapidshare or others shall do for it. not speedyshare because that one deleted them after a while.

anywya I'm interested in trying that rom.

The ROM is identical to the Blade III with the exception of the injection of the above-mentioned files.

It runs well and I see no reason why somebody to go back to stock or CM10.1...

I really can't see the point in repacking a whole ROM just because there are three lines changed in build.prop. If you want to make some kind of Acqua compatibility zip (for the wifi), use only files that are different from Blade III. That would also mean that it would work with any Blade III ROM, not just CM10.2.

Guest SandStorm_RS

(was trying a MiUi rom, but too many bugs, and I don't have the expertise to solve them)

So, then I'll just load Konsta ROM and use the wifi files already shared over here. actually gonna do it right now, brb

I really can't see the point in repacking a whole ROM just because there are three lines changed in build.prop. If you want to make some kind of Acqua compatibility zip (for the wifi), use only files that are different from Blade III. That would also mean that it would work with any Blade III ROM, not just CM10.2.

You are very correct, but my friends manage to mess up the simple 1 2 3 file flashing order.

Now I'm looking for having the mobile data disabled by default. This will eliminate the need to remove the SIM when a new rom comes along.

Guest SandStorm_RS

using this rom, and the only thing i saw was just that after using wifi, and then disabling, on the battery metter it always show the wifi is always awake.

at the moment i did several reboots, now will wait for it to discharge, and charge again, to see if it resets.

so far I'm liking it. only dn't like the visual of the sms app, but, heh.

Edit: Solved the problem of the wifi always consuming battery even when off.

simply went to the wifi-> advanced, and disabled the "scanning always available"

Edited by SandStorm_RS

Guest SandStorm_RS

Well, so far noticed on me these two bugs still not really sorted out:

-> the camera used by the gallery (efault cam) if we try to use the frotal camera, it crashes and force-closes. I have to clear the gallery data cache for it to be able to work again.

-> When connecting the headset, no icon will show up. (but headset works flawlessy)

Guest MJonMoDaCo

Interesting premise papars.

I'm trying to do a slightly more robust port of CM10.2 for our Acquas without having to build from source. The base ROM (cm) is almost unrecognisable. Mine will include the WiFi fix too. But I'm like you, in that I find it thoroughly annoying that the mobile data is turned on by default, costing me $$ if I don't have a data pack.

Since I know you like editing the build.prop, try the following:

ro.com.android.mobiledata=false

ro.com.android.dataroaming=false

that is, insert the first line (possibly missing), before the data roaming line (I vaguely remember seeing the second line). Should be found under Telephony/RIL section.

Let me know how it goes... before I do!

I'm quite glad CM is as hackable as it is, and word has it that future builds will include both "user" (secured with private CM keys), and "developer" (with generic test-keys like the ones KonstaT uses) versions. Neat huh? I won't be interested in the user builds either.

Guest MiStAkEmSk

Hello everyone, 

i've just installed this ROM on a Momodesign MD Droid (Italian name for Acqua) followed by wifi fix and gapps.

Everything seems to work fine so far except for 2 things:

1 - Screen keeps flashing when i leave it in idle for a few seconds (sometimes it flashes just a little bit and sometimes pretty hard).

2 - I can't connect to my phone network, also going to network setting it gives an error about connecting to the network.

Can someone help me please?

Thanks in advance.

Guest MJonMoDaCo

Hello everyone,

i've just installed this ROM on a Momodesign MD Droid (Italian name for Acqua) followed by wifi fix and gapps.

Everything seems to work fine so far except for 2 things:

1 - Screen keeps flashing when i leave it in idle for a few seconds (sometimes it flashes just a little bit and sometimes pretty hard).

2 - I can't connect to my phone network, also going to network setting it gives an error about connecting to the network.

Without wanting to sound like a sap, you do have an Italian phone, and you're trying to install a fix for the Greek version of your phone.

Not sure if that's the reason your phone won't connect to the network, but I'm sure its not helping, as it also includes a build.prop file which will have the Greek Carrier (TMN?) as the default phone company.

As for the flashes - I have to admit I have no idea. Very strange behaviour for an idle state!

Edit:

I've tried all of your CM-based ROMs and all of them had the same problems so i decided to give it a try with ICS 4.0.4 Slovakia stock rom and everything works well, so i guess i'll keep it.

Whoa! Your phone had Gingerbread on it? You ARE in a unique situation then. I hope you don't mind not going back, and you'll have to take extra precaution not to brick your phone, because you can't go back to Gingerbread in a manner safely! I will say though, that you will have more luck installing CM after installing a stock ROM (ICS) and now that you have, it may work better.

Edited by MJonMoDaCo

Guest msbomberman

Great community, indeed :D I had a few spare minutes so I decided to repack KonstaT's release [21.9.] CyanogenMod 10.2 (Android 4.3) for our Acqua's as clean install. One already tweaked for portuguese users (you know which one it is, right?)

Native wifi fix now on pack as well as the build.prop tweak suggested by MJonMoDaCo concerning the data usage at first boot...

For an installation tutorial do as always, follow master post by the Master KonstaT http://www.modaco.com/topic/364042-devrom219-cyanogenmod-102-android-43/

Konstat's release fixed for Acqua: http://www.mediafire.com/download/r8ltyo1kyanxpez/cm-10.2-20130921-KonstaKANG-Acqua.zip

Portuguese mod/fix: http://www.mediafire.com/download/fsp60xt6wb2eux3/cm-10.2-20130921-PT-Acqua.zip

All credits goes for KonstaT, as well for all the suggestions that I caught up here and there...

Cheers

Guest MJonMoDaCo

C-r-r-r-acked it! (Go on my Son!)

Worked a treat. Going to have to put this on every custom ROM I get my mitts on now! Incidentally it may not have been necessary to add

ro.com.android.dataroaming=false

and come to think of it, I'm not sure where exactly I saw it. Moot point. The important line is mobiledata=false.

The ROM is identical to the Blade III with the exception of the injection of the above-mentioned files.

It runs well and I see no reason why somebody to go back to stock or CM10.1...

Considering you can't change a damn thing in an official update without breaking the ROM ( you need Zte's oh-so-special keys), I don't see a point in sticking with stock either. I use Boot Manager Pro (for now, I've seen another, probably better multi-rom booter on xda), and the last time I booted into my stock ROM (2 months ago) it only took 2 hours before I got thoroughly sick to the back teeth of the unmovable, undeletable, real estate leeching search bar. It might not have any bugs per se, but too many missing goodies for me to stick with it.

As for cm10.1, it doesn't have the new cm accounts feature, so doesn't have the annoyance factor of skipping through so many setup pages, but I'm a fan of nandroiding now (I just restored now), so no big deal.

I can't see me releasing a NZ equivalent (hell, I've only seen 3 others on Modaco with NZ version), I have made a zip, so if they want it, then they can bug me ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MJonMoDaCo

I got a present for ya! It's a fairly comprehensive fix for our Acquas which includes this Wifi fix, as well as a proximity sensor fix (for the telephony, using Acqua proximity drivers found in /system/vendor of your Stock ROM) and Mobile Data fix ;) Hurray! :D

It's over here

I would highly suggest you use this fix for your customizations, instead of the CM 10.2 ROM itself. Because it works ;)
Just change build.prop to whatever you feel is necessary (like the Alarms/Ringtones/Notifications defaults), but force phone mode is in the build.prop, and you'll need the entry if you want to make use of the proximity sensor fix. If you know your country specific data (language, locale) I edited those to blank too, but they should pick up anyway, thanks to the phone carrier network.

Good luck. Stay safe.

MJ

Edited by MJonMoDaCo