Samsung S4 Mini I9195 - Not Registered on Network

Guest duncw

Hi all,

I hope this post is OK, I know this is a modding forum but thought someone might be able to help.

I bought a brand new unlocked Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini I9195 from Ebay and it came from UAE. When I try to make a phone call the phone comes up 'Not registered on network'. It is a Tesco SIM and when I select O2 through the Mobile Networks settings it does appear to register on the network. I can then browse the internet using 3G. As soon as I try to make a call I get the 'Not registered on network' error again. I've tried rebooting several times, a factory reset and selecting GSM only under mobile network settings. The SIM works fine in another phone. I've also tried another SIM, an EE one. It has similar symptoms but instead of displaying the 'Not registered on network' error it looks like it is about to make the call and then comes up 'Call ended' before it even rings.

The seller has 100% positive feedback with 400+ scores and numerous other people have bought phones and left positive feedback. I've contacted him but thought I could see if there is anything I can do in the meantime?

I've checked the status of IMIE using the following site and it is not blocked.

http://www.amta.org.au/pages/amta/Check.the.Status.of.your.Handset

Any help appreciated.