• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

jlakshmi

jlakshmi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade V

Is there any CM ROM available for blade V.  I want to root my blade v it frequently resets as full memory is occupied by the junk provided by ZTE.
Is there any CyanogenMod version available for blade V.

Thanks in advance Experts :)

Edited by jlakshmi, 04 January 2014 - 10:04 PM.

targetbsp

targetbsp

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,042 posts
  • Devices:Hudl 2, Blade V

No there isn't. But you won't need it to solve your problem.  It just depends what your problem is exactly.  So the first question is: are you have trouble with memory as in RAM or storage?  Phones use the term memory for both inconveniently.

As the phone has 1GB of ram I presume you are mostly concerned with storage.  ZTE's pre-installed stuff won't affect that much as their apps are in the system partition and your apps are in data.  The main problem on that front will be updates from the play store for system apps you are not using.  The easiest solution to that is to uninstall the updates from the play store then go to settings -> apps -> manage apps.  Scroll along to the all tab, click the app you don't want and hit disable.

If you want a more permanent solution to removing the apps, then root the phone (which is covered in post one of this thread), install titanium or similar and consult this list for apps you can delete: http://www.modaco.co...p-list-blade-v/

If you still don't have enough data space then it's your user apps that are giving you trouble so consult this post: http://www.modaco.co...blade-v-memory/

If you need more sd card space then consult this post: http://www.modaco.co...ernal-sd-cards/

If you need further help or were talking about RAM then let us know :)

My Blade site - includes vanilla KANGS's of CM7. Also available: modified GB Gapps with various market versions, mini ICS Gapps for 160mb system partitions and Flash for ARMv6
CM7 Blade changelog

jlakshmi

jlakshmi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Thanks for the detailed answer,

I am using the clean master app and it frequently pops a message saying memory full and some times the phone restarts.

I believe if I remove the unncessary apps as mentioned in the links, may solve the problem.

I kind of feel that by buying this phone I am stuck with 4.1 version of android.

Thanks Targetbsp :)

Regards

Lakshmi

targetbsp

targetbsp

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,042 posts

There's no real difference between 4.1 through 4.3 (I've used all three on another phone) so its no big deal being stuck on 4.1.

I've yet to try 4.4

My Blade site - includes vanilla KANGS's of CM7. Also available: modified GB Gapps with various market versions, mini ICS Gapps for 160mb system partitions and Flash for ARMv6
CM7 Blade changelog

demario

demario

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade Q mini
  • Twitter:@demario

will this method of rooting and instaling cwm work for zte blade q mini

djfnz

djfnz

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Devices:SGSIII-LTE & SGSM2

KonstanT can you make new Recovery? etc: 6.0.4.5? If yes i try to port CM 11 from GT-I8552 (Galaxy Win Pro) to Blade V.

http://forum.xda-dev...=2557882&page=7

sorry for my english.

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,099 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, ZTE Open C
  • Twitter:@konstatuomio

KonstanT can you make new Recovery? etc: 6.0.4.5? If yes i try to port CM 11 from GT-I8552 (Galaxy Win Pro) to Blade V.

http://forum.xda-dev...=2557882&page=7

sorry for my english.

I won't, and you don't need a new recovery for that anyway...

youtubismify

youtubismify

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:Blade V | GT-N7105

I don't think anyone has confirmed this categorically yet so I can confirm that both internal and external SD are mounting correctly as mass storage using the CWM v2 file.

shiftyc

shiftyc

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

If you're referring to "mount USB storage", then v2 on mine just mounts internal.

However, I can backup, restore or install zips from internal or external.

youtubismify

youtubismify

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I am able to mount both the 'internal sd card' (1.5gb) and external card (16gb) on xp / osx / linux as external mass storage via a usb cable.

Not sure if it makes a difference but I had already applied the sd card swap zip file from this post before I tried mounting via usb.

shiftyc

shiftyc

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

I am able to mount both the 'internal sd card' (1.5gb) and external card (16gb) on xp / osx / linux as external mass storage via a usb cable.

As you've posted this in the CWM thread, I'm assuming you mean from Recovery?  I can mount both when the phone is booted normally, but from Recovery I only get internal on both Linux and Windows.  I'm also using target's sd swap.

Edited by shiftyc, 19 March 2014 - 05:13 PM.

youtubismify

youtubismify

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Oops... I didn't get that this was about viewing mass storage from CWM recovery. I was referring to mounting when already in android...

However, I can actually 'see' both sd cards from windows when in CWM recovery. However, I can't mount them to read files. I am getting a driver issue when connecting to XP when in recovery though (despite seemingly installing a significant number of other drivers so far), so perhaps that is effecting my ability to read the contents of the cards.

I can't even 'see' the cards in linux when in CWM recovery.

youtubismify

youtubismify

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

On a separate note, I am getting a 'No file_contexts' warning message in CWM. It doesn't seem to affect CWM or the phone though. I will re-flash CWM and see if it fixes it.

targetbsp

targetbsp

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,042 posts

On a separate note, I am getting a 'No file_contexts' warning message in CWM. It doesn't seem to affect CWM or the phone though. I will re-flash CWM and see if it fixes it.

I get that too.

CM7 Blade changelog

youtubismify

youtubismify

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Just to confirm that re-flashing recovery did not get rid of this message.

shiftyc

shiftyc

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

I too have always had that message, it doesn't seem to affect anything.

billybo8

billybo8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi,

I am looking to put Xposed framework on the blade v to get rootcloak working. I have rooted with Kingo app but I would like to install CWM to get a Nandroid backup before I do.

Is there anything I need to different installing CWM given the blade is alreay rooted?

Thanks.

gkalen

gkalen

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Hi,
I am looking to put Xposed framework on the blade v to get rootcloak working. I have rooted with Kingo app but I would like to install CWM to get a Nandroid backup before I do.
Is there anything I need to different installing CWM given the blade is alreay rooted?
Thanks.

If you're allready rooted , you can use terminal emulator to install CWM , as it says at the end of first post and you will be fine.

jez794

jez794

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:Moto g, UG007

Thanks for the guide, had trouble as it wouldnt boot to cwm image which was solved with http://www.modaco.co...v/#entry2160379 and then couldnt get superuser as download link wasnt working but got one from google docs https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwYKbOD16O6PYkd0VVFyNnF0Z2c/edit and its sorted, cheers.

spinalgr1998

spinalgr1998

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:ZTE

how I can install the cmw recovery  ? 

I followed the instructions but it doesn't works .

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users