[DEV][ROM][20.12.] CyanogenMod 10.2 (Android 4.3.1)

Guest KonstaT

This is my port of CyanogenMod 10.2 for ZTE Blade. It is unofficial and unsupported by the CyanogenMod team. This ROM is mainly for developers/testers/advanced users. I'm really not interested in hearing whining about non-working things (and questions when they will be fixed), actually I couldn't care less if you have issues with this ROM. ? There's instructions/sources in the third post to build CM10.2 yourself. If you must have something fixed right now - you better do it yourself.

Screenshot_2013-09-22-18-05-20.png Screenshot_2013-09-22-18-08-44.png Screenshot_2013-09-22-18-05-53.png Screenshot_2013-09-22-18-06-48.png

cm-10.2-20131220-KonstaKANG-blade.zip
md5:11913723d5473145aa34176627337dc4

gapps-jb43-20130924-KonstaKANG.zip
md5:e655452666f072f5a345b4c19bc33973

You'll need at least 185mb system partition for the ROM and gapps to fit. Both gen1->gen2 and G2 TPTs are available at Amphoras' site. Gen3 patch for CM7/9/10/10.1/10.2 available at my CM9 thread.

Working:
  • Wifi
  • RIL (mobile network & data)
  • GPS
  • Bluetooth (& bt-tethering)
  • Audio (playback/input/routing/headphones/etc)
  • Camera (photos, camcorder & panorama)
  • Hardware acceleration and OpenGL rendering
  • Hardware video decoding & encoding
  • SD card
  • USB-storage & adb
  • USB-tethering
  • Wifi-tethering
  • Touchscreen/multi-touch
  • Sensors
  • LEDs
  • FM radio
Not working:
  • ???
Sources:
  • CyanogenMod team & everyone who's been working on CM10.2
  • AndroidMeda @androidarmv6 & PlaguedByPenguins
Like my work?
btn_donate_LG.gif
Edited by KonstaT

Merged commits not mentioned in the changelog.

20.12. changelog:

• CM 10.2.0 final
  • WhisperPush (merged)

11.10. changelog:

• android 4.3.1

24.9. changelog:

• fixed data indicator arrows in wifi/signal icons
  • added vibrator intensity tuning (Settings -> Device - More... -> Vibrator intensity)
  • updated google apps package to fix initial device setup

22.9. changelog:

• initial release
Edited by KonstaT

How to build:

1. Follow instructions on initializing a build environment up to a point of downloading the source code.

2. Initialize CyanogenMod 10.2 repo.

repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b cm-10.2

3. Add local manifest that downloads ZTE Blade device config, props and kernel source from my github and few CM replacement projects from legaCyMod github.
curl --create-dirs -L -o .repo/local_manifests/local_manifest.xml -O -L https://raw.github.com/legaCyMod/android_local_manifest/cm-10.2/local_manifest.xml
curl -L -o .repo/local_manifests/local_manifest_armv6.xml -O -L https://raw.github.com/legaCyMod/android_local_manifest/cm-10.2/local_manifest_armv6.xml
curl -L -o .repo/local_manifests/manifest_zte_blade.xml -O -L https://raw.github.com/legaCyMod/android_local_manifest/cm-10.2/manifest_zte_blade.xml

4. Download the source code.
repo sync

5. Update Terminal Emulator. (You only need to this again when Terminal has been updated.)
cd path-to/cm10.2/vendor/cm/
./get-prebuilts

6. Compile the ROM.
cd path-to/cm10.2/
. build/envsetup.sh
brunch blade

Use 'repo sync' to pull merged changes from upstream. Use 'make clobber' to clean the build environment. Repeat step 6 to make a new build.

Android 4.3 on my blade. This device won't die.. Will rescue my blade from the drawer and try this one just to see how it works. Thanks konsta. Your blade's shinning Knight.

Edited by JMS74

Backed up 10.1 and upgraded from it. Feels a little slower and I think my phone isn't deep sleeping but everything else is ok. Time for a full wipe! Don't forget that this rom requires more space! You can trim it down below 160mb if you remove some useless apk's and languages from latinime.

Thank you for your work!

Backed up 10.1 and upgraded from it. Feels a little slower and I think my phone isn't deep sleeping but everything else is ok. Time for a full wipe! Don't forget that this rom requires more space! You can trim it down below 160mb if you remove some useless apk's and languages from latinime.

Thank you for your work!

Yeah, it seems RIL is holding a wakelock. Deep sleep works only on airplane mode.

My gapps package is also somehow broken. Initial device setup doesn't work like it should.

Yeah, it seems RIL is holding a wakelock. Deep sleep works only on airplane mode.

My gapps package is also somehow broken. Initial device setup doesn't work like it should.

Maybe some code changes done to keep Wi-Fi always on for location?

Guest abarthman

Thanks for keeping the trusty old Blade interesting, KonstaT.

The only glitch I've noticed is the camera picture size.  WXGA works, but the others don't.  I'm quite happy with WXGA, so not an issue for me.

Guest Sulthekk

Wow... Now I am surprised. After the silence around the Blade and all the impatient users who seemingly can't or refuse to read, I really didn't think you would keep going with this device. You patience seems to be nearly infinite.

/bow

Absolutely superb, I'm incredibly happy this exists.

Anyway, just registered to say thank you. Living on a student budget, the fact these ROMs exist for an ageing phone and still run reasonably well is a god send, and I appreciate your work for allowing this.

Cheers mate :)

Guest WiiSky70

Nice work Konstat ! Sadly the ZTE Skate won't ever get the support as much as the Blade :( .

Btw! I gotta admit that i never expected 4.3 to be on the Blade .

Cheers ;)

Hi KonstaT

Do you plan to continue working on this 10.2 version? 

Any chance to get a functioning simple2ext for it?

Edited by pppp3k

The only glitch I've noticed is the camera picture size.  WXGA works, but the others don't.  I'm quite happy with WXGA, so not an issue for me.

Huh, all of them work just fine for me (including 5 MP).

Hi KonstaT

Do you plan to continue working on this 10.2 version? 

Any chance to get a functioning simple2ext for it?

I already have one of the remaining small issues resolved (data indicator arrows in wifi/signal icons) and I also added another cool, yet useless, feature (vibrator intensity tuning). :P I'll probably release another build quite soon and after that I'll look back into it maybe monthly to see if there's need to release another build. I haven't used my device for anything in a long time anymore and there's not too many people left here anyway...

There was already some issues with S2E in 4.2. I don't think it's worth hacking it because there are other a2sd methods that work well with 4.2/4.3. I haven't tried any of them so I can't make any recommendations.

My RILJ wakelock was caused by my old prepaid SIM I have on my Blade. There's no credit left and I forgot to untick the box for mobile data. It tried to constantly connect to mobile data without succeeding obviously.

Deep sleep works just fine.

Guest Fizziebaunz

There are still some active and die-hard fans for the blade..... though most have moved on.... Some of us still treasure it.... Thanks for everything.... and finally how can I trim the rom and gapps to fit in 160system partition....

Guest abarthman

Huh, all of them work just fine for me (including 5 MP)

It's a strange glitch.

Going to the video and then back to 3MP makes it work fine, but then WXGA doesn't work.

The pictures are fine but the screen is garbled.

post-856311-0-01562300-1379938731_thumb.

Wow! - Android 4.3 on the Blade! Incredible.

Thanks Konsta. There are still many original Blade/OSF users out there. I'm sure they are grateful for your great work. 

I will test the new ROM ASAP.

there's not too many people left here anyway...

Maybe not here, but the ROM still gets distributed around a lot, as is and as the base for other ROMs. Well, at least I want to believe this :) Btw, the topic got ~1.5k views in 24 hours.

Many thanks for the effort!