Photo

[DEV][ROM][20.12.] CyanogenMod 10.2 (Android 4.3.1)

* * * * * 15 votes

• Please log in to reply
682 replies to this topic

chorao

chorao

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Devices:zte A5 (libra) | minix g4

I have the sapo a5 blade, I don't know if is san fransisco or idea.

And I searched before post, but probably wasn't the best search terms.

Updating cmw works.

I didn't try it before because newer versions of cmw always give me an error of unrecognized something when installing.

its a blade san francisco

la72pt

la72pt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Devices:zte blade

I have the sapo a5 blade, I don't know if is san fransisco or idea.

And I searched before post, but probably wasn't the best search terms.

Updating cmw works.

I didn't try it before because newer versions of cmw always give me an error of unrecognized something when installing.

if you have sapo a5 then you have a zte libra. san francisco is a zte blade. both share the same soc. I've opened several to repair, and not everything is the same inside.

mordret

mordret

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:SGS3, GN7 gen2, ZTE Blade

I just installed the latest treat from KonstaT. Thank you!!!

But there is an issue I could not solve so far :(

Whatever I tried, I can’t seem to install the GAPPS. Neither those from KonstaT nor those from goo.im

Can please anyone tell me how to fix this?

szpilasty

szpilasty

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade KK 4.4.3 by Zeelog
... and your partition size is.....?

topo01

topo01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco

KonstaT, I bow in front of you! Thank you so much for this wonderful rom! Everything on the September build works just fine.

Now I am considering updating to the latest build enjoying the latest and greatest Android just like the few Nexus folks.
Would please someone be so kind as to let me know if it can be just flashed over my existing rom or if the full procedure is required (full wipe, etc.)?

Thanks!

Come on guys. Who can give me a hint please. I am coming straight from Sir Paul's r12 Modaco Froyo and did not follow the massive change of the world order that was happening meanwhile. I did search for update and build though in a number of topics. But I did not come across a definite answer. So again please:
Can I simply update the build 4.3.1 over 4.3? Or do I have to wipe?
Thank you.

mordret

mordret

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:SGS3, GN7 gen2, ZTE Blade

... and your partition size is.....?

noobs gonna noob... to consider the bold in the OP did the trick. I had only 160MB. though I am used to consider witchcraft as a reason, if something does not work although there were no warnings or errors :)

Thank you!

Fizziebaunz

Fizziebaunz

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Come on guys. Who can give me a hint please. I am coming straight from Sir Paul's r12 Modaco Froyo and did not follow the massive change of the world order that was happening meanwhile. I did search for update and build though in a number of topics. But I did not come across a definite answer. So again please:
Thank you.

If you follow KonstaT.... you should have heard.... no wipe no whine...... so you can do both AT YOUR OWN RISK

noobs gonna noob... to consider the bold in the OP did the trick. I had only 160MB. though I am used to consider witchcraft as a reason, if something does not work although there were no warnings or errors :)

Thank you!

The first post clearly says minimum partition requirement is 180MB system......

szpilasty

szpilasty

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
When starting app - musicXmatch, I'm getting message : "Unfortunately, DSP Manager has stopped", can anyone try that? Appreciated.

Fizziebaunz

Fizziebaunz

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

When starting app - musicXmatch, I'm getting message : "Unfortunately, DSP Manager has stopped", can anyone try that? Appreciated.

Same thing..... I would guess it's cause of inbuilt equalizer... most equalizer apps don't work when the other other is enabled.

szpilasty

szpilasty

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
Thank You.
So.... just ignore message or we can do something about it?
I do not care about equalizer, my Blade has a lot background noise is almost useless for listening better quality music. Even best equalizer can't do anything. :-P

sharix

sharix

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Wow! I've just found this thread today. And I thought we were stuck with 4.2.2. Thanks so much KonstaT!

I have a question: can someone upload a working trimmed LatinIME.apk with just the english language?

I can never seem to get it to work properly, it always force closes when I trim it.

Fizziebaunz

Fizziebaunz

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Thank You.So.... just ignore message or we can do something about it? I do not care about equalizer, my Blade has a lot background noise is almost useless for listening better quality music. Even best equalizer can't do anything. :-P

Yeah.... you can ignore it or just disable DSP manager altogether.... if you don't use it.... since after the FC's the app still works fine.

sidbali

sidbali

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Devices:XCD35, Streak 5 & Galaxy Nexus

Thanks a heap KonstaT for keeping the blade up and running to the latest Android that is out there. I was so thrilled when I had stumbled on your SSRLS6 n 7.....never imagining that the blade would still be kicking with the latest flavour almost 2 years later. Commendable work man....time to buy you another Beer.

Dell XCD35 (JB-4.3.1 CM10.2-KonstaKANG), Dell Streak 5 (GB-2.3.3 Stock) & Samsung Galaxy Nexus (JB-4.3.1 Stock)

sidbali

sidbali

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Hey KonstaT,

Beer Confirmation number: 07423918KJ2024541

CHEERS!!!

Dell XCD35 (JB-4.3.1 CM10.2-KonstaKANG), Dell Streak 5 (GB-2.3.3 Stock) & Samsung Galaxy Nexus (JB-4.3.1 Stock)

sidbali

sidbali

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

BURP........now down to my question  ^_^ !!

In an experimental effort to trim this ROM + Gapps to fit in a 160mb partition, I have removed the following *.apk i.e, DSP Manager, CM File Manager, Email & Exchange2.

I have also trimmed the LatinIME.apk for just English. I removed sounds that I never use....actually just kept 1 each for alarm, ringtone & notification.

Now I stumbled across \system\fonts and there are about 7mb worth of fonts in there. I have never ever changed fonts on any of my android devices since I started using them.

Now the question is that are all these 31 fonts required for the OS to run in English. I'll rephrase the question......"What are the MINIMUM BASIC fonts that I require for this ROM to function in ENGLISH?".....keeping in mind that I just want to use the default english font and don't need any additional font types for english or any other language.

Thanks!!

Edited by sidbali, 20 October 2013 - 11:25 AM.

sidbali

sidbali

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Voice Search doesn't seem to be working. Get error message stating that Google Search has stopped working whenever the MIC button is clicked on Google Now (Long Press Menu), Google Search Bar (Home-screen) & Google Search (App Drawer). Voice Search app icon not showing up in the app drawer as well.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?? Any workarounds??

Cheers.

Edited by sidbali, 21 October 2013 - 02:32 AM.

Felsch

Felsch

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Devices:Y300, Nexus 7(2013)
  • Twitter:@_ravir

afaik voice search won't work on ARMv6

sidbali

sidbali

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

afaik voice search won't work on ARMv6

Well thats strange cause I was using it on CM-10.1-KonstaKANG-blade(JB-4.2.2).....which was Konsta's last project..... :wacko:

sharix

sharix

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

If anyone wants to know, if you remove Apollo, CM File manager and Email from the ROM and trim the LatinIME to just the english dictionary, the ROM fits on a 160 MB system partition.

Stu C

Stu C

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Devices:San Francisco (ZTE Blade)

Thank you.

You may be able to install over a recent build that is Android 4.2 or 4.3, but I think you need a complete format and start from fresh if upgrading from Froyo.

Edited by Stu C, 21 October 2013 - 06:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users