Replacement battery

Guest The Silent Man

• 3 weeks later...
Guest phyllocrania

Guys, please help me in buying a new battery. My G300 came with a 1350mAh battery. I don't know why Huawei did that. All G300s in India come with 1350mAh battery instead of 1500mAh ones. And my phone is about a year old and battery backup in terrible. I am planning to buy this "Pisen" battery. Anyone has any experience with these? Thanks!

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Pisen-Huawei-Battery-HB5N1H-1550mAh-3-7V-for-Huawei-Ascend-G300-G302D-U8812D-G30-/281155273344?pt=IN_Mobile_Accessories&hash=item4176290280#ht_4195wt_1271

• 2 months later...
Guest phyllocrania

Finally bought this PISEN battery from eBay: http://www.ebay.in/itm/281221581471?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.in%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_sacat%3D0%26_from%3DR40%26_nkw%3D281221581471%26_rdc%3D1#ht_2742wt_1271

And all my battery worries have disappeared. Just into the 2nd week of using it and my battery lasts a lot longer. Maybe its because the original battery that came with my G300 was only 1350mAh and this one is 1550mAh. A difference of 200mAh is really huge I must say. Taking extra care so that I don't damage this battery as fast as I did with the original one.

Here are some precautions that you might take to make your battery last longer. These are the information from sources like batteryuniversity, lifehacker, etc. I have only compiled them together.

1. Never use any other charger than the one that came with your G300 to charge your phone. I used an old samsung charger very frequently which has a longer cable so that it could reach my bed (LOL), but later realised the current ratings of that charger were lesser than the charger that came with my G300. Never do this, as it might reduce performance of your battery and have negative long term effects on its life.

2. For the above mentioned reasons, try NOT to charge via USB using laptop/desktop. (Though this idea is controversial, but no harm in trying)

3. Always try to avoid a full 100% charge or a full 0% charge. Try to keep your battery between 20% to 80%. I know this is not practical and is not possible all the time. But if you are at home and you have the time and patience, you can try this.

4. Try to keep the phone switched off while charging. Again, this is also impractical but if you can afford to remain disconnected from the world for 1-1.5 hours, you can do this.

5. Always take care that you don't overheat your phone while using it like using under the sunlight or playing non-stop games. Heat is the worst enemy of Lithium ion batteries.

Check out this chart, it gives an overview: http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/do_and_dont_battery_table

For more information you can check http://batteryuniversity.com/

Edited by phyllocrania

Guest george109

Finally bought this PISEN battery from eBay: http://www.ebay.in/itm/281221581471?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.in%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_sacat%3D0%26_from%3DR40%26_nkw%3D281221581471%26_rdc%3D1#ht_2742wt_1271

And all my battery worries have disappeared. Just into the 2nd week of using it and my battery lasts a lot longer. Maybe its because the original battery that came with my G300 was only 1350mAh and this one is 1550mAh. A difference of 200mAh is really huge I must say. Taking extra care so that I don't damage this battery as fast as I did with the original one.

Here are some precautions that you might take to make your battery last longer. These are the information from sources like batteryuniversity, lifehacker, etc. I have only compiled them together.

1. Never use any other charger than the one that came with your G300 to charge your phone. I used an old samsung charger very frequently which has a longer cable so that it could reach my bed (LOL), but later realised the current ratings of that charger were lesser than the charger that came with my G300. Never do this, as it might reduce performance of your battery and have negative long term effects on its life.

2. For the above mentioned reasons, try NOT to charge via USB using laptop/desktop. (Though this idea is controversial, but no harm in trying)

3. Always try to avoid a full 100% charge or a full 0% charge. Try to keep your battery between 20% to 80%. I know this is not practical and is not possible all the time. But if you are at home and you have the time and patience, you can try this.

4. Try to keep the phone switched off while charging. Again, this is also impractical but if you can afford to remain disconnected from the world for 1-1.5 hours, you can do this.

5. Always take care that you don't overheat your phone while using it like using under the sunlight or playing non-stop games. Heat is the worst enemy of Lithium ion batteries.

Check out this chart, it gives an overview: http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/do_and_dont_battery_table

For more information you can check http://batteryuniversity.com/

Oops :huh:

I Always wondered why my battery levels were so crazy!! :D

1. I have used a 2 AMP car charger, a 99p ebay USB plug and my normal plug

2. I do this all the time!

3. For me, It's either the phone is at 100% or i'm going to be late! :P - I charge it at about 30%

4. I can't remember the last time I did this!

5. One quick tip. Do not leave cookie clickers open while charging for 24 hours! The phone does get really, really hot!!

So, Anyone want to swap batteries! lol

On a more serious note, thanks for the tips :)

I regularly charge using my laptop/PC or a third party wall charger.

I don't see any significantly unusual battery behaviour (sometimes small spikes up but I think that's just G300 battery monitoring inaccuracies).

My battery lifetime is basically a reliable 2 days on the ROMs that I have used recently (Stock+, superslim, CM7).

I'm not convinced that some of the tips above are backed up by objective evidence.

Obviously if you use a rerally cheapo and dodgy charger or power supply that may spike or whatever then there is a risk of damage.

Guest george109

I regularly charge using my laptop/PC or a third party wall charger.

I don't see any significantly unusual battery behaviour (sometimes small spikes up but I think that's just G300 battery monitoring inaccuracies).

My battery lifetime is basically a reliable 2 days on the ROMs that I have used recently (Stock+, superslim, CM7).

I'm not convinced that some of the tips above are backed up by objective evidence.

Obviously if you use a rerally cheapo and dodgy charger or power supply that may spike or whatever then there is a risk of damage.

On atomicmod, I can get at least 2 days out of it, but i usually charge every evening, as cookie clickers is a massive battery drain!

I generally got 2 days but only when toggled to 2G most or all of the time.

Plus a few other tweaks to avoid wakelocks and battery draining apps.

As I mentioned elsewhere today is the day that I part company with my G300 and start using my Haier W910 for daily use.

It's been fun... :-)

Guest phyllocrania

There are hundreds of sites, blogs, etc. on Lithium ion batteries, how to maintain them etc. And almost all have something different to say from the other. Its all controversial. :angry2:  And lithium ion batteries are crazy. Some people say they need "calibration", while some say calibration is bulls**t. Some people handle them with utmost care and yet they get crappy backups while some people treat their batteries like crap but get awesome backups.  :blink:

Edited by phyllocrania

I know what you mean but when little or no evidence (other than anecdotal) to back up a particular tip/strategy is presented then I'd remain very skeptical. That's not aimed at you specifically but is just a general observation...   :)

Edited by dalyer

Guest phyllocrania

I agree. Li-ion batteries are all different. Some act normal, some act crazy. And these tips were from different sites. A tip that worked for someone didn't work for someone else. I myself doubt how long I can go on with some of the tips. Like switching off phone while charging and not charging by USB. :P  These are very very impractical ways to charge your battery.  <_<

Guest dalyer

I'm still not convinced - e.g. about #4. Why would having the phone off while charging make much difference?

#5 I can understand.

#3 I'm also skeptical about.

Guest george109

I'm still not convinced - e.g. about #4. Why would having the phone off while charging make much difference?

#5 I can understand.

#3 I'm also skeptical about.

It seems that when my S4 is off, that charges faster than when its on...

But then, that might be because I have every single feature turned on! :D

Guest dalyer

It seems that when my S4 is off, that charges faster than when its on...

But then, that might be because I have every single feature turned on! :D

OK - that does make sense - i.e. that the battery will charge faster when there are no other demands on it (e.g. from a running system).

But I don't know that this makes much if any difference to battery lifetime overall?