glossywhite

glossywhite

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

It's by Tesco. Some people dislike Tesco for being all corporate and stuff lol

Most corporations tend to be "all corporate" :P

People just like to whine - I've done my fair share at times - it's the coward's way out of a just, balanced debate.

rferrett

rferrett

Addict

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S3, Advent Vega
  • Twitter:@ralphferrett

For a moment reading the comments thread I got excited that I could have Whatsapp on my wifi tablet. Boo.

Mind you I have to say I am quite tempted by the Hudl just for a play.

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 Omega 6.0
Tablet: Nexus 7 MCR Jr5
Twitter: @ralphferrett
Google+: http://gplus.to/rferrett
URL: http://lunchtimelegend.co.uk

Rem1x

Rem1x

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5 // Hudl // One X
  • Twitter:@__foy

Getting my mum to pick one up with her club card vouchers. £60 is pocket change when it comes to tablets!

Posted Image
Posted Image

doncoop

doncoop

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4
  • Twitter:@doncoop

and now free internet included it seems

not bad if you manage to get it for £60!!

http://crave.cnet.co...dline-50012390/

Longfellow78

Longfellow78

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:Hudl

For a moment reading the comments thread I got excited that I could have Whatsapp on my wifi tablet. Boo.

Mind you I have to say I am quite tempted by the Hudl just for a play.

Hi,

I have had a play with this and you can indeed have Whatsapp on both your phone and tablet, but have to set up 2 accounts.

so you follow the process as already outlined, but when you use a phone to register, use a non-android phone, or a phone without whatsapp installed. Then wait for the times if you get no text and click call me. I used my work blackberry to enter the code and whatsapp is now installed on my hudl and my galaxy note. I have called my hudl Whatsapp account a different name, It's not ideal, but it's a pretty good compromise for such a vital piece of software.

everett_psycho

everett_psycho

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 2x, Advent Vega

and now free internet included it seems

not bad if you manage to get it for £60!!

http://crave.cnet.co...dline-50012390/

That's pretty good, wonder what their usage cap is, will it be use what you like on blink box but watch Netflix and we'll cap you

jusumgeezer

jusumgeezer

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Devices:Motorola MotoG Stock en_GB 4.3

They use to give it away with phone contracts too. By all accounts their broadband is piss poor, do a search for tesco broadband & see how many complaints there are, my mum tried signing up for it & the earliest install date was 4 months away & during that whole time she had no contact whatsoever. Luckily she went on line & read the tesco forums. Looks like they bought out ntl which had poor reviews & rebranded it. aparently the service is appaling & customer service/tech support is non existant, if you do manage to speak to someone they just blame it the customer having faulty computer etc.

I also heard some time ago that they don't have an acutal broadband dept. & it is run by the mobile dept. instead who know nothing about broadband.

Anyways after reading all that she decided to cancel & stick with BT who did her a better deal.

everett_psycho

everett_psycho

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 2x, Advent Vega
Sounds like their shops then, weird though as I only had very good experiences with tesco mobile, I'd go as far as saying they were the best network I've ever dealt with. It would be fine as a backup service if you were using mobile broadband around the home

glossywhite

glossywhite

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Just bought mine, last night. Brilliant device! How anyone can moan about it for £119, is beyond belief. Thank you to Paul for working hard on root - all rooted and booted! :D

Thanks, adios.

hoopy1888

hoopy1888

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

HI folks, new to the forum... I too have a Hudl. Was just on a whim as I could get it cheap through clubcard voucher thing. Very impressed. 

I do need to root it however. Any news on that? I don't want to break it 

Rem1x

Rem1x

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts

HI folks, new to the forum... I too have a Hudl. Was just on a whim as I could get it cheap through clubcard voucher thing. Very impressed. 

Multiple ways of doing it. I used some dodgy Chinese program to root it on windows. Few ways to do it though. Totally worth it if you have the vouchers.

Posted Image
Posted Image

glossywhite

glossywhite

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

You won't "break" it - man up! :P

hoopy1888

hoopy1888

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

if just never done it before without a specific ROM etc... i'm a generic virgin :-p

glossywhite

glossywhite

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

if just never done it before without a specific ROM etc... i'm a generic virgin :-p

Contrary to what others may say, I recommend jumping in the deep end; it teaches you how not to drown, sharpish!

Don't be scared by the experiences of other people or by their opinions - people are wimps these days - break things if you have to - just have fun, and remember... you can always flash the stock image and start again if you get too stuck.

Rem1x

Rem1x

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts

if you're really worrying, CWM will be out pretty soon, anyway. Can't get much more of a safety net, haha.

Posted Image
Posted Image

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,366 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
Remember the stock RKTools image is now available so that should be a pretty decent safety net.

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

Supersnorker

Supersnorker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I've set up a new forum for the Hudl here: www.hudlforums.com

Hopefully it will be a useful resource for Hudl users and those thinking of buying a Hudl.

Take a look!

glossywhite

glossywhite

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

I've set up a new forum for the Hudl here: www.hudlforums.com

Hopefully it will be a useful resource for Hudl users and those thinking of buying a Hudl.

Take a look!

That's great... but this is also a hudl forum, and has a long history and a good reputation for ROMs and hacking. I wish you all the best, but I'll stay here :)

Supersnorker

Supersnorker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
No probs, totally understand. You never know, my forum might even help bring some new users here :)

That's great... but this is also a hudl forum, and has a long history and a good reputation for ROMs and hacking. I wish you all the best, but I'll stay here :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users