Recommend phone £100 and under

Guest maritimesbob

Guest maritimesbob

Hello,

I've had my fun with the old Blade, then G300, then Desire S, then Desire HD and last January I purchased a One X+ from Vodafone.

Unfortunately this last purchase was a of poor planning. Within weeks of buying this "latest" phone HTC decided the phone was old hat and out comes the M7 (One). I was really miffed about this, Vodafone dropped the phone from their sales within weeks of launching it too. Bit shi**y of HTC if you ask me.

The phone us unlocked and rooted and there is a limited amount of dev work going on for this phone on xda, but the phone has pretty much come to the end. Sense 5 has filtered out for the phone slowly, but I can't see HTC supporting it any longer. I really expected to enjoy this phone more than a few months!!!

I might sell it, it seems the resale value is still pretty good and I could easily purchase a Nexus 4 or other dev friendly phone and still have some change left over.

That being said, can anyone recommend a phone for £100 or under, decent size screen, decent specs and above all is dev friendly (plenty roms, active community, easily unlocked/rooted)?

I'm in the UK and use the GiffGaff/O2 network, so it would need to be unlocked/network free.

Thanks.