is everyone buying a new phone or so ?

Guest wimmme

...or maybe to be happy with what in our hands as it works quite well?   ;)

(my only desire, actually, is to have a full working MIUI for daily use)

Because it is awfully silent here :(

No news about 4.2, let alone 4.3 for our CloudMobile :(

Maybe time to buy an Xperia Z1 :wub:

Edited by Ivan69

Guest Spacecaker

if u see the topics we have some cm10?1 builds butbdo not boot due to drivers inside kernel that needs fix / new implementions.

i currently use stock rom with fullscreen ui and pie controls and some tweaks and such wich i would also get on cm10.1 so im fine with it.

currently i need to keep this phone for about 1/2 years now

also its a hphone ;) use it for its phone functions and such xD

Yes yes, i know .

But i am very curious what 4.3 would do for this phone. fstrim support, the new notification menu, wifi localisation, ...

I personally use the Cirrus ROM. In combo with xposed framework and secure settings it does what i want. And i always use nova launcher and widgetlocker.

Used LMT launcher for a while (only the pie control), but i don't use it enough to keep it running (and bothering me) all the time.

The only thing i really miss from the PAC/CM ROMS is the possibility to kill an app by long pressing the back button.

But i truly like this phone. Won't be buying sth else soon until necessary.

Would prefer to buy a new Nexus 7 then, leave the iPad to the wife and kids and use an android tablet for myself :D

Guest Spacecaker

I know gravitybox, tried it especially for this, but i can only find actions for hardware keys -> it says "application killed" but it doesn't kill it :wacko:

inside statusbar option u have pie

and for me long press to kill works but i use wwgen1 latest fw

U are right. That's why i used LMT launcher before but that wasn't stable enough. This works; would have preferred to have the system back button behave like this but hey, can't have it all i guess ...

If you saw this while setting parameters, I think it's normal. Never seen "stopped"/"started" while actually using it.

No problem with the latest LMT here either. Past version started acting funny at one point (constantly crashing, even after a reboot), but the latest one work perfectly...on cirrus ROM.

Guest Spacecaker

Love this phone, hate the battery and the continuous wake ups.

battery is just my favourite point

i owned 2 android phones before

samsung galaxy ace

sony xperia u

and these coudnt even last long with full hd movies ( although they couldnt even run 1080/720p )

and with this i can get 7/9 Hours of display time

i love this acer

i just wanted to have some more support from acer with updates and such

the continuous wake ups.

Are you sure this is not because of an app you've installed? I don't get any unwanted wake-ups (on the contrary I've encountered Android's Sleep of Death issue).

Guest wimmme

I have it on my phone with 5 hibernated apps or so.

Do you have more?

the only apps I don't greenify are swype, tasker, UCCW, Widgetlocker, pure Calendar widget, ...

Things you want to be updated or run even when your Phone is locked you don't, but all others i put to sleep.

Especially the ones with a lot of wakeups. Makes my battery last longer and my Phone more fluid.

Fot finding wakeups i trust on BetterBatteryStats

Guest PhilippeRaimo

Well I am dissapointed from Acer about this device.. My first bricked for no reason and the one I have now is full of dead pixels..

I'm not sure if I want to send it for replacement..

Guest PhilippeRaimo

Well one way is to put a black wallpaper and be in a dark room. When you switch on the screen and if you have dead pixels, you will see something like tiny dust

but with different colours. It starts to show from the bottom right (where the soft button is) and keeps going up..

Mine has also in the middle of the screen..

Guest Spacecaker

Well one way is to put a black wallpaper and be in a dark room. When you switch on the screen and if you have dead pixels, you will see something like tiny dust

but with different colours. It starts to show from the bottom right (where the soft button is) and keeps going up..

Mine has also in the middle of the screen..

hmm checked and i dont have that