Terrible video playback

Guest billybo8

Guest billybo8

I have just got a new Blade V and it just doesn't play video smoothly at all. Iplayer constantly stutters both video and audio. Makes it sound like a machine gun is going off in the background. A 720p video just either won't play at all or has huge pauses and terrible lip sync. Makes no difference whether the file is streaming or on the device.  A basic low res avi will stream alright but doesn't look very nice.

Surely a quad core phone is supposed to be able to do this without breaking a sweat? I would say my original blade is a more capable device. Hence either the phone must be dud or I am not configuring something?

Guest targetbsp

I don't really do video on small screens.

But I just downloaded iplayer, it made me download bbc media player, I went back to iplayer and started never mind the buzzcocks and it seemed fine?

Guest bladebuddy

I noticed it on T.V catch-up so put it down to streaming. I have download a few movie from video mix pro which I play through mx player that seem fine also tubemate is good so I think it's down to the apps and not the phone .J:D

Guest billybo8

I just tried Never mind the Buzzcocks and it is just the same with a constant juddering of the video. I also stuck the phone on my mates Android development platform and the processor usage by BBC Media Player is huge while juddering.

All the other Android phones play fine over my 30Mb internet. I can only think the phone is faulty.

Guest targetbsp

It's not just you.  My housemate has the same phone bought at the same time and his iplayer is messed up too!

Only difference is his is unlocked and mine isn't yet. And mine is rooted with an SD card swap and his isn't yet.

On the bright side, as I have two phones one OK and one not I should be able to work out the difference that causes the issue when time allows (won't be tonight)

Edited by targetbsp