MrPuddington

MrPuddington

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Devices:Android

Hello

My Orange San Diego has some hardware problem with charging. Orange has asked me to update to the latest version before they are prepared to investigate this issue, I assume they mean the 37MB OTA update to 4.0.5. 

Question 1: my ROM is 4.0.4 and rooted - so how I can unroot it? I assume the AIO tool will do that. 

Question 2: if I apply the OTA update, can I still root it later? Do I have to downgrade - can I downgrade? 

I have tried to find this out, but the documentation for the OTA is rather hard to follow. Any help is very much appreciated. 

MrPuddington

MrPuddington

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

PS: It seems that my USB connector is broken - I cannot get an adbd connection to the phone, nor access the MTP device. Any other options for OTA?

MrPuddington

MrPuddington

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Hm, strange. I managed to get it to work for a while, reinstalled the Orange ROM, and now it is working fine. 

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Diego, OSF

If you've reinstalled the Orange rom then you'll be un-rooted (if that's a word) anyway. Once you've put the latest patch on you're snookered as far as root is concerned.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

Matthew 23:12

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users