To install you need to download and extract this ZIP - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid) - and have ADB installed and ready to use. If this is a bit too complex - wait, an easier method is coming. Only use this guide on a Hudl running ROM version 20130923.020558 (check in Settings -> About -> Hudl Updates) - do NOT install on other versions.
After downloading, and with the device booted and USB debugging enabled, do the following:
- Open a command prompt / terminal window to the directory containing the extracted zip
- Do the following commands:
- adb pull /system/app/SystemUI.apk SystemUI.mybackup.apk
- adb push SystemUI.apk /sdcard/SystemUI.apk
- adb shell
- mount -o remount,rw /system
- cp /sdcard/SystemUI.apk /system/app/SystemUI.apk
- chmod 644 /system/app/SystemUI.apk
- The device will reboot and you should be set!