Modified SystemUI without Tesco button

- - - - -

45 replies to this topic

MarkWilson

MarkWilson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Belated thanks to GreyRider for the reply to my question back in March!

My Hudl has been nagging me to install an update for a few months now... wondering whether to go ahead (and then whether I can safely use the SystemUI.apk)

flurry

flurry

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Belated thanks to GreyRider for the reply to my question back in March!

My Hudl has been nagging me to install an update for a few months now... wondering whether to go ahead (and then whether I can safely use the SystemUI.apk)

What build version are you on currently (settings > about tablet)? When the hudl update 1.3.1 update was released (build no. JDQ39.20140424.153851) I compared the updated SystemUI.apk to the original that I modified and there were no changes. As such, I've been using the modified SystemUI.apk on this build with zero problems.

If you're currently on the 20131016.200812 build then the update is likely to be the 1.3.1 update. If you're currently on the 20140424.153851 build (which I believe is the latest) and you're receiving an update I would be keen to know!

To update, I would put the original SystemUI.apk back, then once updated replace it with the modified one. The update is likely to fail with the modified file in place. You may well have to re-root once updated to be able to push the modified file into place

Edited by flurry, 29 November 2014 - 02:44 PM.

I am eusty

I am eusty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:Loads!
Just reading through this and one question I thought of......

Why not just change the launcher to Nova, or one if the many other launchers to get rid of all the Tesco stuff?

flurry

flurry

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Just reading through this and one question I thought of......

Why not just change the launcher to Nova, or one if the many other launchers to get rid of all the Tesco stuff?

because it's on the stock navigation bar on the hudl 1, so the launcher doesn't change it. On the hudl2 your idea would work

MarkWilson

MarkWilson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Thanks Flurry, I'm on 1.3 (JDQ39.20131016.200812) - looks like this is the 1.3.1 update so it sounds like I'm safe to go ahead and apply it! Thanks

flurry

flurry

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Thanks Flurry, I'm on 1.3 (JDQ39.20131016.200812) - looks like this is the 1.3.1 update so it sounds like I'm safe to go ahead and apply it! Thanks

Indeed, sounds like you'll be fine as long as you put the original unmodified SystemUI.apk back in place before updating.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users