88 replies to this topic

flurry

flurry

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

.......... if you read some of the other threads you'll find one  :wacko:

Indeed, I believe sirius-c posted his in the 1.3.1 update thread?

greybot

greybot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:Tesco Hudl
Ok thanks . Will check all 11 pages of it now as there is no sticky to it.

greybot

greybot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:Tesco Hudl
Found the thread :(

Please note: All These ROMS contain the [T] button and associated Bloat

flurry

flurry

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Found the thread :(

Please note: All These ROMS contain the [T] button and associated Bloat

aah, I do apologise, I thought it was debloated and with the [T] removed. I would upload mine, but my system partition has other modifications and personal data on it too.

If you're already rooted debloating and removing the [T] aren't hard to do

CaptainMidnight

CaptainMidnight

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Devices:hudl1+2, HTC One S, M8 TV Box
Don't really understand why people get hung up on "de-bloating" - just disable all the software you don't want and use something like xposed framework to mask other stuff like 'T' button?

That way OTA updates should still work and you don't go through the upgrade flashing route to get the latest bug fixes etc. For those who are desperate to de-bloat the true way via a custom ROM either start reading/learning via the vast array of knowledge on the subject on the various RK3188 forums or ask yourself the following :-

Q. Once I have used someone else's custom ROM am I able to cope when OTA updates are available that I want and what do I need that small amount of extra space in the system partition for, that was created when their list of "bloat" apps were removed?

flurry

flurry

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Don't really understand why people get hung up on "de-bloating" - just disable all the software you don't want and use something like xposed framework to mask other stuff like 'T' button?

That way OTA updates should still work and you don't go through the upgrade flashing route to get the latest bug fixes etc. For those who are desperate to de-bloat the true way via a custom ROM either start reading/learning via the vast array of knowledge on the subject on the various RK3188 forums or ask yourself the following :-

Q. Once I have used someone else's custom ROM am I able to cope when OTA updates are available that I want and what do I need that small amount of extra space in the system partition for, that was created when their list of "bloat" apps were removed?

I'd agree on just disabling the bloatware apps in most instances, though given the minimal number of ROMs available for the hudl I can see why users may want to debloat the stock rom themselves. On my own hudl I simply moved all the bloatware apks and odexs to a folder on my computer, along with the stock SystemUI.apk file - this way I can copy them back if an update fails due to them missing. However, given the relatively few updates we've received so far its not been a big issue to flash the OTA manually or revert to stock system apks to allow the update to go through (sure there was some learning involved, but I see that as a positive).

As for the extra room in the system partition, sure it's not quite as useful as free space in the user area, but it's not impossible to use it.

CaptainMidnight

CaptainMidnight

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Devices:hudl1+2, HTC One S, M8 TV Box
Yes agree with you. The only thing being people are in a rush get a custom ROM etc, but then start crying when 'stuff' happens. Some seem reluctant to want to learn.

flurry

flurry

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Yes agree with you. The only thing being people are in a rush get a custom ROM etc, but then start crying when 'stuff' happens. Some seem reluctant to want to learn.

Indeed, if you're going to tinker you've got to be prepared for it to go wrong!

Tbestie

Tbestie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:HTC One M7, Tesco HUDL

Hi guys, would like to say a big thanks to paul for all his work! I'm new to the hudl community but i've owned many android devices over the years. I rooted my HUDL on the first day using the Kingo app. However, i decided i needed CWM so i was going to install a ROM that contained it using the above method. The problem being, once i boot my Hudl into bootloader a message pops up saying device not recognised. So i open device manager and select to RK drivers manually, but it says they are up to date. However i still get no connected devices on the RKTools.exe. Any help/advice would be massively appreciated!

Im running windows 8.1 and all my USB ports are 3.0.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users