Stock Hudl ROM for RKTools [updated: latest available ROM 20131016.200812]

Guest PaulOBrien

OK, maybe for existing hudl users, who have already downloaded the previous update when we first turned on / configured our hudls this update maybe classed as optional. As I've explained on the new ota update thread - I did an 'update check' and it was my 'option' to download or ignore. It just failed on mine due to previous rooting etc, but I was ultimately left back where I was before - still rooted on the the previous build no.

Guest h4x0rm1k3

I think the only way i'm gonna get round this is to go find a big field somewhere where there's no wifi signals! Surely if it can't find any wifi signals then it can't check for updates! If I can manage that and get to the desktop then i'll be alright but trying to find a field big enouigh in Birmingham without wifi signals ain't gonna be easy! Is there no way to turn wifi off just until the startup process is finished? I've gotta say that it's gonna updet a few kiddies at Xmas, especially if they have no access to internet! Imagine getting up on Xmas morning, unwrapping your new tab only to find you have to update the damn thing on Xmas day!

Guest h4x0rm1k3

Thankyou Glossywhite, I read and responded to your PM, couple of questions in there too which i'll also throw out there for all to see just in case someone can point me in the right direction.

Basically, i'm guessing that the 1.3 update file that Glossywhite uploaded earlier today is just a patch file so is there a way of patching the 1.0 stock rom from this thread with the patch info from the 1.3 update? If there is then could somebody maybe point me in the right direction? I don't mind reading and learning and if I manage to get anything from it i'll upload all my findings so that it might help others avoid the 1st setup issue i've been facing!

Many thanks in advance

• Upvote 1

From a quick bit of analysis on my part, it seems that the update is basically a series of patches for various apps, libraries etc. with a ".p" extension. Looking at the header of these files, they appear to be in a variety of formats of patch. I'm not aware of any PC tool capable of handling all these patch formats. There is a binary on Android devices called "applypatch" which handles these files during the update process. It might be possible to write a script to run on the Android device which would pull the necessary files from the installed OS, patch them and save them to your SD card, from where you could then copy them to your computer and put them into a ROM. I can't seem to find any automated way to apply the update ZIP to a stock ROM from a computer, unfortunately. That's not to say there isn't one out there though.

Guest glossywhite

Love the way the mods appear at random, after being almost invisible for weeks on end. This is the most unusual forum for moderation - it seems to be almost one month between moderated comments - not that it is good to have heavy-handed mods like some forums... just amusing that virtually no moderation seems to happen much  :P

Edited by glossywhite

Guest h4x0rm1k3

This issue has now been cleared up and a workaround/fix of sorts has been released in the form of Tabbiedroid v1.5 which can be found here - http://www.modaco.com/topic/366207-rom-tabbiedroid-v2-for-rktools-v17-with-update-bypass-for-those-with-13-update-woes-rom/?p=2170430 .

This came about from what I originally found out and what GlossyWhite posted about in another thread, I just took it upon myself to do the final work to it and  re-package the rom up in a format that rktools v1.7 can use so it's easily usable by anyone who can use rktools basically! Big thanks to PaulOBrien, GlossyWhite & Hal2710, without you I wouldn't have been able to work it out for myself or have a rom to work on as a base!

Edited by h4x0rm1k3

For anyone who maybe interested, I'm in the process of creating a stock v1.3 hudl ROM image i.e. build JDQ39.20131016.200812  :D

I have all the individual .img partitons from a newly updated then data cleared hudl. Just figuring out how to create the individual image, containing the individual images and ensuring it's RKTools functional.... :ninja:

Just saves having to revert to the original ROM on the first post of this thread (personally prefer to reflash via rkflashtool with my previous backups etc but can see this being useful to others), but wants to start modding from this build as apposed to the originl  :wacko:

07/11 Update: -

Ok here you go: hudl.20131016.200812.stock.zip 

MD5 hash: f694ce21056260db8ae0e5cc9f1a4431

I've personally not tried this with RKTools yet, but I believe it's puka as the individual .img files within the main .img file have been fully backed-up restored via rkflashtool in linux on my hudl. File is still uploading and should be live in approx 1hr from now (i.e. after 23:20).

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...
Guest darrellr

For anyone who maybe interested, I'm in the process of creating a stock v1.3 hudl ROM image i.e. build JDQ39.20131016.200812  :D

Flashed this via Windows and all seems well. Thanks for the effort.

AnTuTu shows an increase of 500 points from previous run on the original ROM.

Original: 18500

1.3 Stock: 19000

Edited by darrellr

Guest revomikey101

I have all the individual .img partitons from a newly updated then data cleared hudl. Just figuring out how to create the individual image, containing the individual images and ensuring it's RKTools functional.... :ninja:

Just saves having to revert to the original ROM on the first post of this thread (personally prefer to reflash via rkflashtool with my previous backups etc but can see this being useful to others), but wants to start modding from this build as apposed to the originl  :wacko:

07/11 Update: -

I've personally not tried this with RKTools yet, but I believe it's puka as the individual .img files within the main .img file have been fully backed-up restored via rkflashtool in linux on my hudl. File is still uploading and should be live in approx 1hr from now (i.e. after 23:20).

This is wonderful, thank you so much, i flashed through windows 7 and it took my root away and put it back to stock v1.3, you sir are magnificent. thank you very much.

Edited by revomikey101

Guest blinkydamo

Could someone please tell me if the rom on the first post is a completely stock un-rooted rom?

I am trying to build a custom rom and I think I need to use a completely stock base.

Cheers

Blinky

Both the 1st post and my post (33) are un-rooted stock roms. - so both are completely stock, with the latter being the most uptodate: -

Paul's is the original build 20130923.020558 and mine is the updated build 20131016.200812.

Guest revomikey101

Captain midnights rom is the latest unrooted rom in its raw form, its the one that i am running after encountering rooting issues and believe me its a flawless perfect rom that has put my hudl back to stock format without the update loop issue that is mentioned through out various threads. Great download and highly recommended. Captain, there's an engagement ring in the post, xxxxxx. Lol.

Edited by revomikey101

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dmm1000

hi folks getting this error in attached pic - when trying to restore to stock using captain midnight rom - applying flash to a rooted hudl

see attached pic thanks - any ideas ?

problem downloading IDB it says

post-981919-0-64902500-1386077348_thumb.

Great this thread's title and first post has been updated - it will help newer members/guests find the latest version  ;)

(Any chance we can get some 'other' threads 'pinned', please  :unsure: there's some really good stuff in this forum but it's in danger of getting lost: -

Helios Rom v1.0

[TOOLS] Useful tools for tinkerers

Hudl backup script (under review & re-write) - it's actually finished but  thread  title needs to be changed i.e. bracket removed.

......quite happy to ask another 'admin' but can't find any other than you who has this 'authority')  :ninja: 

Edited by Guest

Guest Michealtbh

I have a weird issue. RKtools isn't picking up the Hudl at all despite the drivers seemingly being properly installed. I've tried rebooting both my laptop and the Hudl several times, reinstalling the drivers etc etc but nothing I do is helping. Has anyone got any ideas?

post-859245-0-37723300-1387223453_thumb.

Guest Michealtbh

Figured it out with some advice from another forum, had to slightly modify config.ini

Now: as for the config.ini modification, I found on minixforums a post by user Snurb that does the trick.  You open config.ini (located in the same folder where the .exe file is) and look for this line:

LOGFLAG=TRUE

#SUPPORTLOWUSB=TRUE时,扫描支持full speed usb设备,默认只支持high speed usb设备
SUPPORTLOWUSB=

This you change into:

LOGFLAG=TRUE
#SUPPORTLOWUSB=TRUE时,扫描支持full speed usb设备,默认只支持high speed usb设备
SUPPORTLOWUSB=TRUE
FULLSPEEDUSB=TRUE

Save & close. 

Guest madmirlin

Hi hope someone can help been trying to connect hudl to rktool but will not connect and need to install stock rom as hudl gone messed up after font download and didnt back up any would be good thanks

Guest madmirlin

anybody help my hudl is rooted did this by rktool then download a new font and now will not boot up past hudl screen and will not connect to rktools so wondering if there is another way to install stock rom hope someone can help thanks

Guest madmirlin

anybody help my hudl is rooted did this by rktool then download a new font and now will not boot up past hudl screen and will not connect to rktools so wondering if there is another way to install stock rom hope someone can help thanks