Google chrome performance issues on G300

Guest newfold3r

Guest newfold3r

If I try to run chrome on my G300, the performance of it is really poor. Pages take a long time to load, and it is really unresponsive. Also, I cannot update it because I apparently don't have enough storage, despite having more than enough.

Is there any way I can fix this? I don't have such issues with the stock browser, but the stock browser doesn't have bookmark sync like chrome, which is absolutely essential to me. Does anyone else have similar issues with it?

Guest dalyer

What ROM are you on?

This might help to clear some space in order to allow the update to proceed:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/365348-storage-space-problem/

If not you may need to move some apps to sdcard - e.g. using the Android built in option to move (parts of) apps to sd, link2int, link2sd, app2sd etc.

Hope this helps

Edited by dalyer

Chrome is a pretty heave browser for a smartphone with less than 512MB of usable RAM, you're just better off using something else to be honest. I found that Opera Mini and Dolphin Browser are the lightest ones there is.

Guest newfold3r

What ROM are you on?

This might help to clear some space in order to allow the update to proceed:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/365348-storage-space-problem/

If not you may need to move some apps to sdcard - e.g. using the Android built in option to move (parts of) apps to sd, link2int, link2sd, app2sd etc.

Hope this helps

I'm using Cyanogenmod 10.1 (JB 4.2.2)

I've tried closing all cached processes and clearing the cache, still not enough storage (I have 125/756mb free).

I have most apps installed to the SD card, the only ones I don't are those that cannot be installed to the SD card (chrome being one of them). I think I'll just leave it on the current version.

Chrome is a pretty heave browser for a smartphone with less than 512MB of usable RAM, you're just better off using something else to be honest. I found that Opera Mini and Dolphin Browser are the lightest ones there is.

I know, but it can't be that heavy - I'm using desktop Chrome to reply to this which is currently using around 580mb of memory, with multiple tabs and extensions loaded. Surely the mobile version would use much less memory than the desktop version, especially with just one tab and no extensions?

Guest george109

I'm using Cyanogenmod 10.1 (JB 4.2.2)

I've tried closing all cached processes and clearing the cache, still not enough storage (I have 125/756mb free).

I have most apps installed to the SD card, the only ones I don't are those that cannot be installed to the SD card (chrome being one of them). I think I'll just leave it on the current version.

I know, but it can't be that heavy - I'm using desktop Chrome to reply to this which is currently using around 580mb of memory, with multiple tabs and extensions loaded. Surely the mobile version would use much less memory than the desktop version, especially with just one tab and no extensions?

But the G300 only has about 384MB of usable memory, as 128MB which is used by the GPU  ( = 512MB in total). With my experiences of CM10.1, about 320 - 340MB is used by apps and services, which only leaves about 60 - 40MB of memory free. Chrome uses a LOT of memory, so it will always run low on memory - there is nothing that you can do apart from enable swap... :(