Photo

THL W200 - Info, Root, Custom Recovery and Re-Partitioning.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Sargos

Sargos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Thl W200
Unmount him, clean and mount again

tomkay

tomkay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:THL W200

you mean to remove the simcard and clean it? I did actually but i can try again...

//edit: Not working at all.. also not with other simcard which i tried just now

Edited by tomkay, 25 January 2014 - 07:26 PM.

Sargos

Sargos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Thl W200
Flash the phone on your pc with flash tools and then repart your memory again with meteos app, see this link: http://www.modaco.co...e-partitioning/

Edited by Sargos, 25 January 2014 - 10:29 PM.

deksman2

deksman2

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Hey guys.

I got myself the THL W200 in late January.

I repartitioned the internal space and everything is working fine on my end.

No issues with SIM card reading or whatnot.

Software works good, and I also learned that MediaTek apparently released the source-code for out MT6589T months ago, which means that Cyanogen will probably follow suit pretty soon.

But, if I'm not mistaken, THL stated (or was at least hinting) that they will release the KitKat update for our W200.

I kinda wish I waited a bit to get the octa-core version (THL W200s), but I didn't know it was in the works back when I ordered it... and at any rate, this will be more than enough for my needs.

Battery capacity on the other hand is not something I'm too happy with (THL got stingy on this one - should have been at least 2000 mAh, or 2500 mAh), but they stated that they might release a bigger capacity version (I guess we shall see)... still, the phone is capable of making it through about a day or two with relatively moderate usage (if you are not gaming of course).

Any news on Cyanogen options for this phone?

I've been searching info on it and there are some indications of it probably coming soon, but nothing substantial to be honest.

Edited by deksman2, 15 March 2014 - 05:01 PM.

Kostikas

Kostikas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Y300-100

Hello to every one here. I have buyed  the W200S , i;ve tried the farmaroot but it dont work , any one any idea. ?

pruella

pruella

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:THL W200

Hi, I followed this tutorial and got stuck on step 4e, when it rebooted it started saying "encryption unsuccessful" which sends me back to the recovery menu, here's a vid of what it's doing...

I did save a recovery.img file from that unclesomething app, if that helps?

side note, while trying to fix it I formatted the SD card, hopefully this hasn't killed my chances at restoring my phone? :S

Edited by pruella, 22 August 2014 - 07:50 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users