[TWEAK] Supercharge the G300

Guest DJPRMF

Guest DJPRMF

effects and transitions are a "wast of time" and resources. Put in this way, what you prefer: speed or beauty? :)

But you can reenable the effects in the Developer Options menu...

Edited by DJPRMF

Guest DJPRMF

The audio tweak work on Y300? :huh:

Should work in any ROM and device, but this is tested only in G300.

Backup and test it at your own risk. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mythb

What do you mean? Can please explain?

;)

DNS(Domain Name System) settings  e.g (google dns 8888-8844) I'm setting but nothing can be changed.After this patch

Edited by mythb

Guest mythb

These tweaks doesn't "block" nothing related with the DNS.

Also, you appear to be using the wrong DNS IPs. The correct is 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 (look the dots)...

Also, try use this:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.co.mytechie.setDNS&hl=pt_PT

I try this, but not work. btw ı know that dots.. Dns's seems done but dont work. e.g my country blocked youtube, with dns ı look thispost-1039249-0-89307500-1396705375_thumb 

And my pc with a same DNS works good.Are you sure doesn't  any block with this zip? ı have use same dns before this patch and works normal. sorry for bad english.

I try clean cache

So ı find this  thats work for what? maybe thats blocked?

post-1039249-0-85711400-1396705338_thumb

Edited by mythb

Guest DJPRMF

I thinkn the problem is in the end of the rom, not in the tweak... Also, the tweak implement the Google DNS, so something beside the tweak appears to be caousing the problem...

• 2 months later...
Guest predragiPredrag

I have installed Performance and Graphics scripts, and phone got faster :) great job and thanks :)

Here are my results on Baidu stable V6, before and after :)

post-1012004-0-26660400-1402068392_thumb

post-1012004-0-41043400-1402068393_thumb

Guest dalyer

You'd really want to do a few benchmarks before and after and compare the averaged results to get a better idea what, if any, difference these tweaks make.

Guest DJPRMF

You'd really want to do a few benchmarks before and after and compare the averaged results to get a better idea what, if any, difference these tweaks make.

Exacly...

Isn't a big improve, but glad that helps. :)

Guest laurisss

Oc'ing on ics (sgs3 rom) from 1008Ghz to 1267Ghz is a 800 score improvment for me. If i only could go higher withou random reboots :P

Edited by laurisss

Guest DJPRMF

Overclock and reboots are NOT related with this tweak.

That is something related with the kernel and the ROM used... :)

If you experience that change your ROM or Kernel.

But not everyone can overclock... And is also a little "risky" and expensive to the battery. :)

Edited by DJPRMF

Guest laurisss

Overclock and reboots are NOT related with this tweak.

That is something related with the kernel and the ROM used... :)

If you experience that change your ROM or Kernel.

But not everyone can overclock... And is also a little "risky" and expensive to the battery. :)

No man i don't say that its the tweaks fault. What do you mean risky? I find it completely safe. Battery is ok.The stock 1008Mhz are kinda slow for me. But going to sgs3 so woohoo.

Guest DJPRMF

yes, i know that isn't about this tweak. :D

Overclock anything, in any device (even computers) can be risky if done incorrectly. Try push the voltage or clock to high in a smartphone (and, again, the same in a computer) and you may end up damaging the chip...

Overclocking in a smartphone is risky and unnecessary most of the times. Is not 200-300MHz that will give any noticible "boost". Yes, i can appears a little faster and AnTuTu score can improve, but in a daily usage is worthless...

In the G300, overclock:

1- Will generate more heat. And more heat = reduced lifetime of the smartphone (even more in a "entry" smartphone like G300)...

2- More heat will reduce also the battery capacity in a long time range

3- More heat will deform the screen (i have a little "white smoke" - barely notice, more noticible in dark background, but its there- in my screen because of this)

4- When charging and using the smarthphone, the heat will go "DANGERLY HIGH"!

So, for the G300, i don't recommend do overclocking, at least to high "Mhz".

Guest laurisss

yes, i know that isn't about this tweak. :D

Overclock anything, in any device (even computers) can be risky if done incorrectly. Try push the voltage or clock to high in a smartphone (and, again, the same in a computer) and you may end up damaging the chip...

Overclocking in a smartphone is risky and unnecessary most of the times. Is not 200-300MHz that will give any noticible "boost". Yes, i can appears a little faster and AnTuTu score can improve, but in a daily usage is worthless...

In the G300, overclock:

1- Will generate more heat. And more heat = reduced lifetime of the smartphone (even more in a "entry" smartphone like G300)...

2- More heat will reduce also the battery capacity in a long time range

3- More heat will deform the screen (i have a little "white smoke" - barely notice, more noticible in dark background, but its there- in my screen because of this)

4- When charging and using the smarthphone, the heat will go "DANGERLY HIGH"!

So, for the G300, i don't recommend do overclocking, at least to high "Mhz".

LOL I am at 1267Mhz and running for a week now. No overheating even when gaming a lot. And it's not just antutu. I see a big difference in general performance. On 1300Mhz the apps open blazingly fast.. But i have time for like 20 secs before the reboot.

Edited by laurisss

Guest DJPRMF

One week is not a "long test"... That is not enought to test... 

And AnTuTu score is so useless. He can be influenced by many factors. Try run the test after some days on (this if the overclock doesn't random reboot the phone first)... :P

Well, G300 is not for gaming and even wort in overclocking... Thats the true... 

G300 is not the same as a Galaxy S5 :P

Is good, but not so good. its a old, outdated phone... :)

Guest u8815-15

Bit off topic but continuing on what said ^^
Guys what do you think about setting the min cpu frequency to say... 600 MhZ ?? 
would that affect the lifespan of the CPU?

Guest DJPRMF

Bit off topic but continuing on what said ^^

Guys what do you think about setting the min cpu frequency to say... 600 MhZ ?? 

would that affect the lifespan of the CPU?

Not really..

Increasing the "min" clock of the CPU isn't quite the same as overclock. Overclock is increase the max clock of the processor. 600Mhz isn't the max clock.

The CPU works between 300 and about 1008MHz on a regular work, so you are only telling for run between 600 and 1008MHz. Overclock is when you go up of the 1008MHz... :)

It shouldn't impact the life of the CPU, but can reduce the battery life...