• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,105 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Tech and Canoeing
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S4 - GT-I9505

rathbone-as-holmes.jpg

:D

??

:huh:

Edited by george109, 24 October 2013 - 09:30 PM.

Hello. I have an S4 now, and I hardly ever use MoDaCo now. 

Therefore you will receive no replies to any PMs

Please post in the forum instead. You will get more help there :)

:excl:A WARNING TO ALL G300 OWNERS! Please Read! (The Flash Memory Problem!) :excl:

Tutorial: How To (Officially) Unlock Your Bootloader! (The long way, but which definitely works)

Please, Do not use the HuaweiG300.com Tutorial on how to unlock your bootloader, it is better to unlock it officially with my tutorial!

Spoiler

My Device:

Huawei Ascend G300 (U8815) - Sold!

Samsung Galaxy S4 (Black) - The LTE Version - GT-I9505

(Ignore the links above (if there is one). It's a skimwords (advertising) link and nothing to do with me!)

The ROMS I have used:

Spoiler

Download Blink, a great app that controls the status LED on the G300!

Wait for 5 seconds and then click skip ad! Do not download anything in the ad window, that is not the app!

Did I help you?

If I did, Please press the rep_up1.png button, in the bottom right hand corner of my posts.

(If not, Press it anyway!)

If I really helped you, you could also donate to me. Thanks!  :) 

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,240 posts
  • Devices:Haier W910, Coolpad F1 8297W

Sorry - just a (poor) joke ... I was amazed that anybody other than perhaps Sherlock Holmes could infer "Hynix eMMC" from "Huawei RAM".  :blush:

marcioo

marcioo

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300

Sorry - just a (poor) joke ... I was amazed that anybody other than perhaps Sherlock Holmes could infer "Hynix eMMC" from "Huawei RAM".  :blush:

I understood! xD xD

thebuell

thebuell

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Devices:Y300, Nexus 7
Bad news! Vodafone refused to replace my G300 under warranty owing to moisture issues. Complete BS I know ... But now I have now ordered a Y300 as a replacement. Only paid 30 quid less than what I originally paid for the G300. :-)

pOcHa

pOcHa

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

that square black strip on the back cover changes color when it comes in contact with moisture - what color was yours?

Baidu Cloud ROM stable V6 (finalized beta V47): http://www.modaco.co...lish-2014-04-24
Baidu Cloud ROM beta V49: http://www.modaco.co...glish-2014-06-06

Apacer

Apacer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Devices:Huawei g300

I got the phone back, they changed the motherboard in the service. Warranty recognized :)  Again, I have  xinyh memory. :(

dadi11

dadi11

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Drums
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
  • Twitter:@dadi113
it's not a problem because now you can install 3.4 kernel on it too. the problem is fixed :D

Edited by dadi11, 13 November 2013 - 02:09 PM.

Posted Image

rhen

rhen

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Devices:Pulse, G300

it's not a problem because now you can install 3.4 kernel on it too. the problem is fixed :D

Not sure about this.

Dazzozo on CWM thread's first post: "R7: (hopefully) fixed hynix brick, EXT4 fix, 3.4 kernel - use at own peril if you have a hynix chip."

Dazzozo on CM10.2 thread: "I kept R3 available this time since I can't guarantee R6 is safe. It has the EXT4 fix though, so if you're having issues with files being deleted etc., that's your fix... unless you're using hynix, then you might want to avoid it if you value your device dearly."....
"Same as above applies, hynix people should probably avoid R6+ if they value their device, though the brick bug is hopefully fixed. It uses the same fix that CM uses, but I'm unsure when the brick bug was discovered in the first place."

cmsantos on CM10.2 thread: "well i was kind of "tired" of this phone... so i tried a clean install of the lasted nighlty cm-10.2-20131112-NIGHTLY-u8815 with recovery v6.0.4.4... and after 2h hours my phone bricked...i guess the bug (hynix) it's not fixed...or it was just bad luck... anyway keep up the good work... the brick was on me obviously..."

aarpey in CM10.2 thread: "I would like to share my experience. I have the hynix flash memory. When I flashed the CM7 rom with the ClockworkMod Recovery v6.0.4.0 everything was fine, the only problem I noticed: phone sometimes freezes, had to manually reboot with the power key and had random reboots.

I decided to flash this rom to try it out with ClockworkMod Recovery v6.0.4.4, and my phone "died" several times, I mean literally: I thought it will never turn on anymore (tried with taking out and put in battery, boot into recovery...) but after many tries the phone just booted. It sometimes didnt respond 10 min, sometimes half an hour... It started to happen every time I leave the phone alone, and because I was really not sure how long will I be able to make the phone booting up again, I reflashed the CM7 now with the newest recovery and everything is still good for now."....
"These actually can be the reasons, but I will never find out. My phone just died, no way to boot it anymore in any way... Today I'll take it to the carrier. So it seems the hynix problem is definitely related to the recovery.."

GApps package for CM11: [link] (last updated 2014-09-06)
For non device specific issues, use CM bug tracker: [link]

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,240 posts
  • Devices:Haier W910, Coolpad F1 8297W

Somebody else also reported that they never used the 3.4 based recovery or CM10.2 and still their Hynix based G300 died.

It looks like it may simply be an inherent risk with the Hynix based G300s - whether or not 3.4 is accelerating their demise...

rhen

rhen

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Devices:Pulse, G300

Somebody else also reported that they never used the 3.4 based recovery or CM10.2 and still their Hynix based G300 died.
It looks like it may simply be an inherent risk with the Hynix based G300s - whether or not 3.4 is accelerating their demise...

I agree with you.
Hynix is bad without the 3.4 stuff too. But accelerate the death of this phones doesn't acceptable for everyone.
So if you have hynix and want to use your phone longer and/or doesn't have warranty, you're stucked with the 3.0.8 stuff. :/

GApps package for CM11: [link] (last updated 2014-09-06)
For non device specific issues, use CM bug tracker: [link]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users