[ICS] [4.0.4] B952 Everyday rom [ROM] (Updated 3. May)

Guest bidzapfc

Guest bidzapfc
First of all (due to lot of unpleasant experience I got from my first thread) I wish to define who is this for. It is for people that dont have too much time to spend around forums to look why is something not working and want a complete package out-of-box. That is what I did with this. So dont be offended... Anyway all original developers are still #commented on files so if I wanted to steal something that would be the first to delete. If there is some more jokeblowers who want duel with me BE WARNED, I will ignore you and report you for spam. Also I will call anyone sane and reasonable to do so also.

B952 Everyday rom:

Repacked b952. Made some improvements. Did dex and odex (to come when I spare some time) versions of it. No silly stability issues.

CWM 6.0.1.9 recommended

ODEX:

Dalvik is set up to support both multitasking and games
All graphical work is done by the GPU (allmighty adreno 200)
Build.prop modification
CallerID lag fixed
Integrated gapps
Integrated Universal Odex Script 6.4.2
Put scripts in init.d for zipalign and sqlite optimization
Viper audio
Some extra apk in /data

This is Universal odex script

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=991276

This is V6supercharger

Known issues:

If you are using newest twrp and get "some symlinks failed", reboot to recovery and unmount /cache

If using 6.0.2.7 hybrid CWM, you will have problems, as wipe /data is malfunctional. Use TWRP or CWM Touch Hybrid
(thanks djuroue)

If you are using new CM builds and want your ext sd as primary storage enter build.prop editor and add this line without quotes
"persist.sys.vold.switchexternal=1"

General battery issues:

I had problem with battery (calibrated it when it was not 100%) it didnt charge to 100%, only to 90%, after another calibration top charge was 83%. Solved it by going into twrp (cwm maybe could do it too) and charging it. I passed those two thresholds and reached 100%. Rom took value too. Holding better ever since

Google maps:

Google hasnt implemented gpu rendering of layers so you get currupted graphics. There is a confirmed workaround

"For me, if I see that Google Maps have corrupted graphics, I just close it, then immediately reopen the app. At most, on the 2nd reopen, the glitch is always gone. No idea if I am "lucky" or not, but it works for me."

ZIP FOR ALL:

ZIP for 4.x:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6pF0SpYVuo7QXY3Vy1ielJiTTQ/edit?usp=sharing

ZIP for 2.3:

Feedback welcome

If you live "far far away" I suggest you go on this post and take some extras

Edited by bidzapfc

Thanks @Bidz for the new thread! Did you by any chance check the performance of your tweaks on CM 9.1? If yes, then is it same as this one? I have been using this ROM for the past week or so and given my light usage pattern, apart from GMaps everything works good for me. Only the Map app is a bit laggy and shaky (and sometimes takes a fair bit of time locating me) on this ROM. 

Edited by smweb

Guest bidzapfc

gps.conf needs to update, thanks for pointng that out. I will look into it. But I think that first time you get a lock every next will be shorter. Flashable zip for all roms is made so you can switch to any rom you like and still keep these scripts and mods.

I use gpsfaster to fix gps and it works good. I tried the zip on cm9 but it's not so efficient as the cm10 package that biz offers. FoR me lags and display bugs in google maps is the only issue in this package. I find it very fast and for me it's the best rom i found on g300. Thanks for that

Guest ahatomastarday

So let me get this straight, what do you exactly do with that ZIP that is supposed to work in all ROMS? You just boot the phone in recovery and flash it, without wipes or anything? If that's the case, you don't lose any information, everything stays as it was, right? Thanks in advance!

Guest ahatomastarday

Yup... that's the idea :D If you are uncertain, make backup

Thank you, will try it later :D

Another question though, why do you recommend installing minimal gapps? What's the difference with standard or "complete" gapps? Is there any difference in the apps themselves (like internally or something), or is it just that the minimal package comes with less apps than the complete one? I don't understand why would this really matter, because AFAIK the gapps get updated through Google Play after you've installed them. Care to clear this up for me? You or any other fellow who knows about it... Thanks a lot again!

Guest bidzapfc

Minimal gapps are playstore and sync options only. Which is bare minimum what every rom needs (also that gives a performance boost, less apps more free ram). If you want google search, voice search, gmail, well all those apps are on playstore allready. Gapps - Google Apps

Edited by bidzapfc

Guest ahatomastarday

Okay, one last question. For the modified ROM, the posts says "achieved no lag in ported games and full movies with hw+ decoder (which is more battery friendly than sw)". Is that only for the modified ROM or for the flashable ZIP as well? Will I get those improvements in games and video with the flashable ZIP? Thanks again for your patience.

Guest bidzapfc

Well, tough one xD. CM9 (ics 4.0) and earlyer doesn have lag in decoding full movies, that has come after that (that microstuttering that makes us with OCD go a little crazy). But, only GB roms didnt have lag problems with games (even CM9 couldnt be so fluid in some). That zip for all roms solves those problems...

Edited by bidzapfc

I use gpsfaster to fix gps and it works good. I tried the zip on cm9 but it's not so efficient as the cm10 package that biz offers. FoR me lags and display bugs in google maps is the only issue in this package. I find it very fast and for me it's the best rom i found on g300. Thanks for that

I too use Gpsfaster and it does work well sometimes. And, thanks for your impression on CM9.1

gps.conf needs to update, thanks for pointng that out. I will look into it. But I think that first time you get a lock every next will be shorter. Flashable zip for all roms is made so you can switch to any rom you like and still keep these scripts and mods.

Thanks! I guess GMaps has an issue with G300 on JB ROMs, as I faced the same problem with Slim Bean 8.0.

Guest bidzapfc

Kernel is not related to this zip. It works even on 10.2. But when he ports 3.4 kernel to cm10 I will reupload cm10 with it.

Allthough... Phones seem to be dying out with it

Edited by bidzapfc

Guest bidzapfc

Works flawless on Stock B940 ICS. Games run butter smooth with no lags. Its like magic! :D:D

Found one more online. It's called Universal odex script. Try it. Results are... wow

Found one more online. It's called Universal odex script. Try it. Results are... wow

Hope you will integrate it in future version !I'm still using your cm10 package and enjoy it (with gmaps 6 to avoid display bug on gmaps 7). Thanks

Guest phyllocrania

Just downloaded the zip from xda. I wonder if it will work on stock Huawei B940 release. Don't really understand these Odex deodex things.

Guest bidzapfc

Hope you will integrate it in future version !I'm still using your cm10 package and enjoy it (with gmaps 6 to avoid display bug on gmaps 7). Thanks

I had 2 day run with cm9.1. But it cant be used really. No lockscreen widget for music. In latest nightly, option to switch storage is not working also. Graphic coruption (letters are not rendered properly).

Just downloaded the zip from xda. I wonder if it will work on stock Huawei B940 release. Don't really understand these Odex deodex things.

Open with root explorer /data/app and /system/app and see if there is .odex file next to .apk file.

I will probably switch back to cm10 again. Redesigned zipalign script. So it will run after 24 hours during reboot (since most of people reboot after phone begins to lag)

Guest phyllocrania

I had 2 day run with cm9.1. But it cant be used really. No lockscreen widget for music. In latest nightly, option to switch storage is not working also. Graphic coruption (letters are not rendered properly).

Open with root explorer /data/app and /system/app and see if there is .odex file next to .apk file.

I will probably switch back to cm10 again. Redesigned zipalign script. So it will run after 24 hours during reboot (since most of people reboot after phone begins to lag)

Just flashed the zip and ran the commands as written on xda thread on terminal emulator. I'm on stock B940. I checked system/app and there are .odex files alongside all .apk files. :)

Guest bidzapfc

Just flashed the zip and ran the commands as written on xda thread on terminal emulator. I'm on stock B940. I checked system/app and there are .odex files alongside all .apk files. :)

Great, but if you are using stock rom you should get busybox and init.d support on it. That zip that I made is based on that

Also that odex script has dexo -dat option, to odex files in internal memory... it's blazing fast after that

Edited by bidzapfc

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there, I've been using this ROM you provided, but since I flashed it, my Alarm app keeps turning itself off, whanever I turn my screen off.

And sometimes while using Poweramp, it closes itself too, stopping the music.

I've never had this issues before. And next time, change the boot animation, that one is kinda creepy :).