• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Adduxi

Adduxi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Hudl

I also know someone who has the problem down the left hand side.

As mentioned, turn screen off and on again temporarily fixes the issue, so I wonder if this is a software or hardware bug?

If it was software, you'd expect many more people to have it.  Maybe it is a hardware/firmware bug and turning screen off/on reinitialises something.....

Yes, mine is the same, and it also resets with the off/on switch. Mind you when you change from Landscape to Portrait, the 'dead area' becomes live again. It's also not the full length of the side in Landscape as a small portion at the top remains active.

I don't think it's hardware, but something in the software.? Anyway, it doesn't really bother me as I only use the Hudl infrequently.

tazman73

tazman73

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Note 2, Hudl, RasPi

I just returned my Hudl after only a week with this fault. When I explained what was wrong the guy said, "Oh, it's one of those." He still spent the next 10 minutes trying to recreate to problem  :blink: He then went on to say they think it's a software issue not hardware and there should be an update in a couple of weeks. 

This seems a bit vague considering how long this problem seems to have been going on and I'm not holding my breath for the new replacement to be any different (so far so good though, 2 hours without fault)

If it does re-occur was wondering whether rooting and replacing the ROM would help, I fixed an gyroscope sensor issue on an HTC Hero like that a few years ago. Any thoughts?

Chris

kelis32

kelis32

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I think this may be a software issue as well, the nexus 7 had similar problems until 4.4, it would be interesting to see if anyone who previously had issues has fixed this with a custom ROM

Detection

Detection

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:TF101, Tesco Hudl

Got my gf one for Xmas, but she got it early so has been using it for a couple months now, and the screen did used to freeze when she first got it, but since rooting and removing the T, it's been absolutely fine - I wonder if their T modification causes the problems

gsf600y

gsf600y

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300

Person I know has had the same problem for 3 Hudl's now.  They have given up and got a refund.

Poor quality from Tesco, whether it's software or hardware.

greybot

greybot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:Tesco Hudl

Been playing about with my replacement (fresh from factory floor apparently) and is yet to freeze on me. Will keep you updated if/when I get the dreaded freeze.

everett_psycho

everett_psycho

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 2x, Advent Vega
are those of you suffering from an unresponsive screen in one corner using a case with magnetic clasp? I've had the problem regularly but tonight took the case off and haven't had it once since. No other changes just took off the case. I've been using the official folio case with the fold over magnetic clasp, I'd be interested to see if anyone else resolves the issue this way as well

fluke9

fluke9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:S3 Mini Hudl

Both of mine do not use cases but have the problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users