Req: Guinea Pig

Guest tcpaulh

Guest tcpaulh

Ok, I hope Dazzozo doesn't mind me posting this.

It looks like we need a volunteer, a guinea pig, a brave tester who has a g300 with Hynix memory.

Worse case scenario is that your device could be bricked to the extent only a service centre or riff/jtag box could recover it!

Guest tcpaulh

To find out what memory you have installed, copy the following into the terminal emulator app:

cat /sys/class/block/mmcblk0/device/name

xinyh = Hynix

Edited by tcpaulh

Can someone explain the difference between the two memories.

Probably not unless somebody has the actual part numbers in which case the datasheets can be looked up.

But in general different flash chips may have different pinouts, voltages, erase/programming sequences etc.

There may be more info in the IRC logs but as far as I can see the XINYH chip is a most likely a Hynix (the clue is in the name :)) and the SJS00M chip seems to be a Samsung according to a Google search. But without specific part numbers it's difficult to say anything else - unless somebody knows the "most common" (?) Hynix/Samsung "eMMC" chips used in phones or something...?

Edited by dalyer

Probably not unless somebody has the actual part numbers in which case the datasheets can be looked up.

But in general different flash chips may have different pinouts, voltages, erase/programming sequences etc.

There may be more info in the IRC logs but as far as I can see the XINYH chip is a most likely a Hynix (the clue is in the name :)) and the SJS00M chip seems to be a Samsung according to a Google search. But without specific part numbers it's difficult to say anything else - unless somebody knows the "most common" (?) Hynix/Samsung "eMMC" chips used in phones or something...?

The Samsung chip's type is known. Samsung KMSJS00KM-B308 (sn:HHD24590). http://imgur.com/a/jhAEq

I posted this pictures of it on IRC too.

Edited by rhen

Guest george109

I think the same, but G300 doesn't have 4GB memory for sure :)

It does, in total.

There is 2 point something for the internal SD card, 700MB for Data, 350 for System, 800 for cache and about 150 for something else! 

I assume that Huawei get the memory and RAM separately...

Edited by george109

It's 4GB(ytes) of eMMC + 4Gb(its) of RAM.

4Gb(its) of RAM = 0.5GB(ytes) or 512KB(ytes) of RAM.

This matches the G300 specs exactly.

The B and b make a difference! :D

The Samsung part mentioned above is an eMCP - embedded Multi Chip Package with eMMC and DDR dies in a single package.

You can get more general info here: http://www.samsung.com/global/business/semiconductor/product/mcp/overview

And I posted the link to the page for the specific part used in the G300 above.

http://www.modaco.com/topic/365989-req-guinea-pig/#entry2167537

I presume that there's a similar (pin compatible?) Hynix part used in the other G300s but I haven't been able to figure out what is a likely candidate part.

Edited by dalyer

Guest wards5150

Thanks for all the info. It amazes me the wealth of knowledge on this forum. Looks like I am a lucky one with the Samsung chip. As a thought I have done a lot if flashing on my phone with no trouble. Not one has my Imei code been set to zero. Just putting out a suggestion as to why some have been bricked while others have not.

Guest matskevichm

Probably no more nightly builds till someone steps up. It's a tough one.

Why no nightlies on 3.0.8 like it was before?, i can live with small green camera problem. Speed, functionality-all fine. 3.0.8 not so bad for me and for this phone.

Edited by matskevichm

You mean 3.0.8 kernel? 

Has somebody determined that it is the 3.4 kernel that is the issue here?

I didn't see that anywhere but admittedly haven't checked the IRC logs.

Edit: just checked the IRC log and it looks like the 3.4 kernel is suspected alright...

http://g300.valicek.name/show.php?day=2013-10-22

Dazzozo 3.4 kernel 15:53:55

Dazzozo on mmc chips 15:54:01

Dazzozo reporting themselves as XINYH 15:54:05

Dazzozo which is hynix backwards 15:54:08

Dazzozo die

Edited by dalyer

Guest tcpaulh

But also:

tcpaulh Lol. Can assert script determine memory type? 14:27:36

Dazzozo you could probably do something like that 14:29:42

Dazzozo but its the recovery causing the issue

It's a thorny issue. I can't pretend to understand it fully.

Sorry- I'm afraid that's just not acceptable!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-w-C-GLBxo

(JOKE!  ;) )