A Warning to All G300 Owners! Please Read! [Hynix Flash Memory Problem]

Guest george109

Even though my flash is hynix?Yeah,I certainly know the risk but it is worth trying.Now I am using cm10.1,I dare not using cm10.2 because the problem of flash. :(

The fix is in the nightlys. It should be working fine. If not, probably never will. New recovery doesn't built with the fix. You can use the last safe version (6.0.4.0). Probably recovery has the ext4 bug, but doesn't brick anyone's phone. (ext4 bug: https://github.com/Dazzozo/huawei-kernel-3.4/commit/8571dddbf3a7ae2431d3e578a715f9aee0e1a315) Edited by rhen

Guest whutwzl

The fix is in the nightlys. It should be working fine. If not, probably never will. New recovery doesn't built with the fix. You can use the last safe version (6.0.4.0). Probably recovery has the ext4 bug, but doesn't brick anyone's phone. (ext4 bug: https://github.com/Dazzozo/huawei-kernel-3.4/commit/8571dddbf3a7ae2431d3e578a715f9aee0e1a315)

OK,thanks for explanation, :wub:

Guest Tentmaster

Did anyone else get their phone back from Huawei? How long to wait?  Mine's gone to them since end of October :angry: .

EDIT: Got it back yesterday after it had gone all over the place. New motherboard. Vodafone UK logo as boot animation, but thankfully it is unlocked. ICS B960 is the OS. Got new IMEI.

Edited by Tentmaster

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tolistich

Hello guys. This is my first post as a registered user but not my first time in her. Used to come as guest. My phone had the "hynix" mem and died after a rom flash (this one: http://www.modaco.com/topic/357651-ics-meijaics-b952-403-final-version/). After the installation phone was alive on CMW and when i rebooted, died. No power at all. It was under warranty. That happend at 3 November. Today took my phone back with "SJS00M" mem on it. I test it with the terminal (no cmw installed, with Huawei rom and locked bootloader). There was no cost for that service (Wind Hellas). Thank you for all the informations that you provide us. 

Hello guys. This is my first post as a registered user but not my first time in her. Used to come as guest. My phone had the "hynix" mem and died after a rom flash (this one: http://www.modaco.com/topic/357651-ics-meijaics-b952-403-final-version/). After the installation phone was alive on CMW and when i rebooted, died. No power at all. It was under warranty. That happend at 3 November. Today took my phone back with "SJS00M" mem on it. I test it with the terminal (no cmw installed, with Huawei rom and locked bootloader). There was no cost for that service (Wind Hellas). Thank you for all the informations that you provide us. 

I'm not sure what - if anything - you're asking for here? 

Guest george109

I think he is saying thanks. He got the memory replaced. Anyway you're welcome (If I am wrong, correct me!)

WOHOO! My 1,000th Post! :D :D :D

Edited by george109

Guest fjellape159

Hello everyone,

I was very curious to know what kind of memory I have but when I enter this (cat /sys/class/block/mmcblk0/device/name) command line I get that it is not found. This is strange because when I type su and press enter it says superuser rights granted. I'm using atomicmod ROM running 2030 baseband.

Hello everyone,

I was very curious to know what kind of memory I have but when I enter this (cat /sys/class/block/mmcblk0/device/name) command line I get that it is not found. This is strange because when I type su and press enter it says superuser rights granted. I'm using atomicmod ROM running 2030 baseband.

Try this:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/366014-a-warning-to-all-g300-owners-please-read-hynix-flash-memory-problem/page-4#entry2169211

Guest pobesneli_max

SERBIA here
XINYH memory, 9.2012.
flashed almoust every rom there is, for at least 100 times, except KITKAT...still rolling.
now im on break definitly... :)

Guest jirka134

If your G300 won't boot, try to put your G300 into freezer for 15 minutes without battery.
Then try to boot into recovery and back up all your data.
You have short time to do it. It worked for me for several times.
Now is definitly dead.

Edited by jirka134

• 2 weeks later...
Guest george109

Hello everyone,

Don't use brackets!

Try downloading an app called file manager from the play store, go settings, tick root explorer, grant SU, then mount system. Now press up until there is a single / at the top. Then go sys > class > block > mmcblk0 > device > name. open it, press text then open it with a text editor. If it says access denied or cant find file just press back and use a different editor. You will also probably have to grant SU to the text editor. Dont worry - its fine

Commiserations to al the people who have hynix :(

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cstefane

Hi guys,

I have Hynix memory. My phone didn't died but my 16gb sdcard did (strange thing - it was samsung). I do not know if it is the same cause.